Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've booked a wee trip down south on the train for later this month. Am I correct in thinking that, as soon as we cross the border, I can take my mask off?

Not fancying wearing it all the way to Newcastle tbqh.

If you have food and drink you can take your mask off before the border 

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They broadcast reminders on the train but don't seem to enforce it. I went to London last week and took the mask off well before the border. You can take it off if eating or drinking anyway.

I don't get the problem. Just keep a coffee cup on your table and keep refilling it with beer or whisky.

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They broadcast reminders on the train but don't seem to enforce it. I went to London last week and took the mask off well before the border. You can take it off if eating or drinking anyway.

1 minute ago, Turkmenbashi said:

If you have food and drink you can take your mask off before the border 

Excellent. I shall nurse an orange juice and a tube of pringles.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Booked a trip to York for October and I tell you I have never been more excited to holiday in England.

Better half and I have booked a long weekend in London for the end of September, I used to be there on a regular basis for work but haven’t been in a few years since I retired, really looking forward to going, maybe hit a theatre and a few restaurants, just trying to start normality again 👍

26 minutes ago, Elixir said:

This and the replies. iZT8ghc.png

Some people are broken beyond repair.

‘This time last year’ is an odd way to go. This time 2 years ago it wouldn’t have even been news, it’s almost as if circumstances change. 

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wasn’t it a Danish scientific study which showed that mask wearing was virtually useless?

The study was kept under wraps by other countries.

The study was widely published, inconclusive, and didn't examine the benefits of mask wearing to others than the wearer. The Spectator was massively disappointed after bigging it up before the results. No more was said, perhaps why you didn't read about the results. I almost felt sorry for James Delingpole, he was getting so excited.

Edited by welshbairn

Here in Englandshire most restrictions are all but gone. Walk round any of the big supermarket and the one way systems have gone, I would say between 5 to 10% of the folk instore are still wearing masks but everyone else has fucked them off as there are no longer signs up. The only thing they are continuing with is the traffic lights to get inside, but I think they're keeping those just to limit the amount of Jeremy kylers and their mutant spawn from clogging up the aisles. 

The one thing that is still causing issues is the track and trace, I never had the thing but its pinging all over the show. The latest thing here is if you are an essential worker you can still work and come into contact with countless people through your job but you have to isolate on your days off. Like f**k anyone is adhering to that load of shite. 

Have to be honest, I didnt have any "freedom day" plans. I booked a couple of days away because it was the only days I was off and we could get a babysitter....

Am now in the pub and its almost exactly 2019. Busy, no masks, bar service, a lad turned up with his guitar and is now knocking out some country classics and folk are singing along.

Im borderline living in a "and then the whole queue started clapping" facebook post. Fucking class. I have spoke often of the toll the pandemic has had on me, and its nothing compared to many, but right now I am so unbelievably happy I cant evem say. Its fucking glorious.

Here in Englandshire most restrictions are all but gone. Walk round any of the big supermarket and the one way systems have gone, I would say between 5 to 10% of the folk instore are still wearing masks but everyone else has fucked them off as there are no longer signs up. The only thing they are continuing with is the traffic lights to get inside, but I think they're keeping those just to limit the amount of Jeremy kylers and their mutant spawn from clogging up the aisles. 
The one thing that is still causing issues is the track and trace, I never had the thing but its pinging all over the show. The latest thing here is if you are an essential worker you can still work and come into contact with countless people through your job but you have to isolate on your days off. Like f**k anyone is adhering to that load of shite. 

The one way systems have been gone for months and months mate.

9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone see the new JL advert :lol: 

Cheers Jase but I personally plan a lot of vertical drinking and embracing slightly grubby pensioners in busy Fife pubs for the forseeable 

3 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, pub car king said:

The one way systems have been gone for months and months mate.

They've been gone in Inverness for a year at least.

Was in a Greggs today for a wee cuppa’ and the staff were ripping the black and yellow tape off the chairs and tables, removing the one-way arrow stickers from the floor, and putting tables and chairs back into normal positions. Happy fcuking days. Mandatory facemasks. Tick fcuking tock.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Pleased to hear all the good experiences but I’m afraid I found the opposite today.

I visited the bank, a supermarket and a couple of independent shops and almost 100% of people were masked.

Worse still, I saw lots of people walking about in the open air wearing masks.

Depressing.

Maybe they saw you coming with your fake lanyard and didn't want to put you at risk with your feeble lungs.