Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Has it been enforced anywhere? Apart from hospitals and buses, I can't think of anywhere more suited to pass around COVID than a train carriage. So if they won't even enforce it on a train, what's the point in the law mandating mask use?

Just like every other law, it's the job of the police to enforce it, not Scotrail or Tesco or whoever.

Do masks even make a difference? I thought in general only certain types of masks worked and only when worn properly. 

Joe public rolling a snood up over their face will likely do nothing. 

On the day we moved from level 0 to level minus, minus, below zero, our local Tim Hortons removed one way stickers, and dispensed with social distancing by putting tables and chairs back to normal. Facemasks - mandatory… also, on this very day, they unveiled their new ‘McDonalds-esque’ touchscreen ordering panels. … schools still on holiday. Cue snottery kids prodding at the screens looking for chicken nuggets & ten Timbits, while equally snottery doddery pensioner types prodded away looking for coffee and half a doughnut to share with their pal. No cnut from Hortons wiped the thing in the thirty minutes I was there. Hardly anyone used the hand sanitiser before beginning their screen prodding. Now, I’m no expert on how these screens could be Covid death traps or not, they probably aren’t, but, I never liked using these manky things before I’d even heard of Covid 19. It strikes me as being a bit fcuking useless insisting on wee bits of cloth strapped to our chins while we all still touch the same door handles, lavvy flush handles, sit on the same seats, lean on the same tables, and now, are expected to prod along with the snottery schoolkids and pensioners on a big smeary screen.

None of that matters though, strap a mask on yer’ chops….all worries over.

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

On the day we moved from level 0 to level minus, minus, below zero, our local Tim Hortons removed one way stickers, and dispensed with social distancing by putting tables and chairs back to normal. Facemasks - mandatory… also, on this very day, they unveiled their new ‘McDonalds-esque’ touchscreen ordering panels. … schools still on holiday. Cue snottery kids prodding at the screens looking for chicken nuggets & ten Timbits, while equally snottery doddery pensioner types prodded away looking for coffee and half a doughnut to share with their pal. No cnut from Hortons wiped the thing in the thirty minutes I was there. Hardly anyone used the hand sanitiser before beginning their screen prodding. Now, I’m no expert on how these screens could be Covid death traps or not, they probably aren’t, but, I never liked using these manky things before I’d even heard of Covid 19. so, It strikes me as being a bit fcuking useless insisting on wee bits of cloth strapped to our chins while we all still touch the same door handles, lavvy flush handles, sit on the same seats, lean on the same tables, and now, are expected to prod along with the snottery schoolkids and pensioners on a big smeary screen.

None of that matters though, strap a mask on yer’ chops….all worries over.

I always wash my hands after touching those things, too many manky b*****ds to not. 

Aye the screens in the McDonald's at Inshes in Inverness are a nightmare. They're fucking filthy.

On a more general Covid related note, my work have chosen to keep all social distancing in place 'for the foreseeable future' which I'm taking to mean 'forever'.

19 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Anyone that calls it an experimental vaccine is OFTW.

I can just about understand why some folk might (MIGHT!) query a vaccine. Just about. It's more the "faith in God" thing that gets me.  Folk who presumably listen to a mechanic about motor vehicle repairs, or to a financial adviser about handing money or debts, or to a tailor about making a suit, or to plumber if their drains were blocked, when it comes to matters of health ignore scientists and doctors and instead rely on faith to save their lives.  

If someone thought their car brakes were failing, I suspect they'd get someone who knew what they were doing, instead of hoping that the Lord would keep them safe as they head off on the motorway at 70.  Maybe it's just me, but if I had a hole in my roof I'd be very unlikely to pray to whoever the patron Saint of Roofs is. 

7 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I can just about understand why some folk might (MIGHT!) query a vaccine. Just about. It's more the "faith in God" thing that gets me.  Folk who presumably listen to a mechanic about motor vehicle repairs, or to a financial adviser about handing money or debts, or to a tailor about making a suit, or to plumber if their drains were blocked, when it comes to matters of health ignore scientists and doctors and instead rely on faith to save their lives.  

If someone thought their car brakes were failing, I suspect they'd get someone who knew what they were doing, instead of hoping that the Lord would keep them safe as they head off on the motorway at 70.  Maybe it's just me, but if I had a hole in my roof I'd be very unlikely to pray to whoever the patron Saint of Roofs is. 

Here you go

Saint Ruth

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If their cock got severed in an unfortunate paper guillotine accident they wouldn't wait for God to sort it. They don't get that even tinier things need biomechanical fixes too. 

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

PowttJS.gif

Genuinely don't understand your use of the gif  in relation to the stats - is it meant to say we're on top of Covid?

The drop in case numbers seems to have flattened out at 25-30k cases per day for now which will likely mean upwards of 50 deaths a day for the next month or so before schools then uni's go back and then the onset of winter.... 

It's pretty clear that the disease is endemic now and that although the coming winter won't be as bad as last years it is likely to be another bleak one for Covid deaths.