Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think they are going to struggle after this, if it does turn out to be less severe to the point where its a damp squib. The anxiety caused, the messaging, the financial impact..... There are papers, even if they are gammon rags, getting stuck into Whitty down South. The tide will turn at some point. A massive overreaction causing fear and panic in a hugely vaccinated population seems like a sensible point where that might happen. It will all be about whether the media break from the panic and start questioning the response, citing the SA data etc. I personally think you will start to see thta happening soon. 

Our governments north and south of the border are shambolic 

All this has shown is that neither of them have any faith in the current set up they have in dealing with and moving on with regards to  Covid and at the first hint of potential issues they will instead just charge right into potential further restrictions and panic  like it was 2 years ago .  

How on earth are they expecting the public to buy into boosters , vaccine certificates etc etc if they clearly have no faith in it themselves 

"After Christmas if we go back to limiting our personal contacts even further..."

As soon as Christmas day is past (ie my brothers Boxing day bash) I will be right back to normal. Only lying low due to having a 94yo just out of hospital after a hip operation coming on Christmas day. She must realise the vast majority will be thinking likewise.

Hyperbole and bullshit.

When you have nothing solid to go on, bluster your way to your point. Fake it til you make it and all that.

The political equivalent of a guy in Currys trying to upsell you a telly that's a grand dearer cos 'that's the one I've got in the hoose'.

If Omicron was circulating since at least that Steps gig (which was coming up to a month ago I think) surely we would have seen some increase in the folk in hospital by now.

See if this turns out to be a dead rubber of a variant and Christmas has been fucked because of it I’ll be fuming.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Hyperbole and bullshit.

When you have nothing solid to go on, bluster your way to your point. Fake it til you make it and all that.

The political equivalent of a guy in Currys trying to upsell you a telly that's a grand dearer cos 'that's the one I've got in the hoose'.

Nicola and Jason this morning

maxresdefault-5.jpg

Absolutely loving the 'judgement' about minimising social contact that means I'll be watching the first 45 minutes of Elf 20 times over the next three days for ever-decreasing numbers of pupils.