Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Aye I noticed that earlier. Seems like bands/singers are being guilt tripped into making these descions by the "stay safe" brigade. Gigs/football etc is not "banned" by the Govt, yet it seems like people are virtue signalling to try and get acts to make the descion.  Disgusting 

I am just waiting on word that The Skids gig in Dunfermline is cancelled now that loads of other ones have been.
I work in Social Care and this is the first weekend I have had off since the start of November. I haven’t been out for a proper night out since before the first lockdown and this had been keeping me going the past few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I am just waiting on word that The Skids gig in Dunfermline is cancelled now that loads of other ones have been.
I work in Social Care and this is the first weekend I have had off since the start of November. I haven’t been out for a proper night out since before the first lockdown and this had been keeping me going the past few weeks.

Hopefully it goes ahead. Small things like gigs or going to the football really do gives us something to look forward to after hard days at work (or no work). Social events should never be deemed as disposable as they benefit mental health. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hopefully it goes ahead. Small things like gigs or going to the football really do gives us something to look forward to after hard days at work (or no work). Social events should never be deemed as disposable as they benefit mental health. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate

If the lockdown fanatics have their way, you can look forward to standing on your doorstep once a week doing an impression of a seal. And that's it.

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Sunak cutting short his US jaunt to put together a "response package for business affected by the growing Omicron crisis"

Business in England as badly hit as those up here by the looks of it so probably going to see a UK wide package sooner rather than later.

Hope they enjoyed their extra 3 days of trade. 

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Sunak cutting short his US jaunt to put together a "response package for business affected by the growing Omicron crisis"

Business in England as badly hit as those up here by the looks of it so probably going to see a UK wide package sooner rather than later.

Yup. The rhetoric is preparing us for it.  

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Absolutely wild that, when the mild variant that would end the pandemic in weeks pops up, we shit the bed and try to stop the spread, yet happily rode out the delta wave in September.

Fannies.

It'd about capacity though isn't it. We are going to be riding through a lot of cases in a short period of time, and so if the hospitalisation were even only 1% of a given day's cases then it would put a shit tonne of pressure on the NHS.

The hope is that a basically milder variant plus a bolstered population does mean that percentage hospitalisation is way below that to cause significant harm to health infrastructure, and while I would contend that its already way too late to be trying to apply brakes via restrictions at the same time I can understand why health officials would be applying pressure to find ways of buying time.

Let's face it, there is no such thing as an appropriate reaction to a crisis. You either over react or under react to something like this and an over reaction is generally seen as the less risky option overall.

So, just 34 punters in ICU and 531 in hospital up here. It has been stable for weeks.
It's the figures in 2 weeks time that are more important due to the lag between admissions and infection rates.

If it is still stable (or even just a small jump) the panic over omicron should really be over.

Thanks, it so reminds me of the week before the 1st lockdown. I had tickets for the Scotland v Israel euro playoff and was taking my youngest to his first Scotland game.
Luckily we did manage to get to the last two games at Hampden so I suppose that made up for it.
Both myself and my Mrs are triple vaccinated and taking daily LFTs due to our work and at our wits end with it all now.
COVID variants almost seem like football clubs and new strips in that a different version will come out every year!

22 minutes ago, renton said:

It'd about capacity though isn't it. We are going to be riding through a lot of cases in a short period of time, and so if the hospitalisation were even only 1% of a given day's cases then it would put a shit tonne of pressure on the NHS.

Hospitalisation has never been anywhere near 1% of a days cases (since we started inviting everyone to test themselves silly), and that was with proper variants, not this shanner. It's not March 2020, or even January 2021. It's now a bad cold.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Going as well, been checking Big Country's FB on the hour this afternoon expecting to see a dreaded cancellation[emoji23][emoji23]