Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Had tickets for a gig in Stirling tonight and the band have just postponed it with a few hours notice.

Is it looking likely that we'll all be at work full-time with extremely limited leisure opportunities again? I really dont fucking fancy that. 

I am genuinely in a position whereby I am relying on the Tory backbenches for sanity.
What the f**k is going on?!
Backbenchers of the Conservative Party have always voted against the government if they felt they had to, its one of their strongest assests as it means they can, and have, gotten leaders to step down when the time came.

It's a pity the Party in charge up here aren't able to allow their members to do the same thing as it could have stopped some of this nonsense we've had.

The fact Westminster MP's tend to be of a much higher standard than Holyrood helps as well. A significant number of MSPs are barely councillor level.

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Such as that may be, considerations are and have to be much wider than they were even this time last year.

Politicians have been open in saying they have to consider the mental health aspect of stopping human contact and the effect school closures have on safe guarding of children.

It’s not as black and white as Sage or the like may see it.

But not the mental health aspect on business owners and employees, caused by clowncar government ministers and quangos strongly advising people not to give them their custom. Just the impact on the weans of sitting in the house on Monday. 

Right you are then. 

57 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Martindale was calling for a circuit breaker either today or yesterday. Problem is, the famous "circuit breaker" technique never really works. If fitba up here shuts for "a couple of weeks", realistically that'll be it closed till March, and the season won't finish. 

Well that's one upside; pull the shutters down now. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

But not the mental health aspect on business owners and employees, caused by clowncar government ministers and quangos strongly advising people not to give them their custom. Just the impact on the weans of sitting in the house on Monday. 

Right you are then. 

I mean that’s not at all what I was getting at.

Lockdowns see human contact almost ended and cause enormous mental suffering for a lot of people.

I wasn't making any comment on the irresponsible nature of telling people to stay away from businesses and not the covering them financially. Which by the way, is a disgrace.

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

Wild.

Maybe just dundee but seems fairly atraugjt forward to get an appointment. Still spaces for Satuday and plenty for Sunday and so on. 

Tried 5 different towns including Inverness and I game up midway through February. 

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Tried 5 different towns including Inverness and I game up midway through February. 

Inverness are still only doing boosters appointments and drop ins for over 40s. Maybe next year they'll get to 18-40. 

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Inverness are still only doing boosters appointments and drop ins for over 40s. Maybe next year they'll get to 18-40. 

Aye seems to be the case for the whole Highlands. I’ll get mine in April or something. 

The more gigs and events etc that you see are getting cancelled it feels like some form of lockdown is inevitable immediately after Xmas when all Govts shite the bed. I cannot believe we are where we are, it's a complete shitshow for all businesses affected and will undoubtedly be ruining folks mental health already, mine included. Get the schools shut, support these businesses you've 'advised' people to avoid, and trust the fact that vaccines actually work. 

As much as I find vaccine segregation utterly abhorrent, its not as abhorrent as telling ALL of society that their participation in normal society is illegal, which is what a lockdown is. So restrictions for the unvaccinated should absolutely be discussed before a single business is told to close its doors.

This targeting of certain industries is a bare faced fucking disgrace and quite how scotgov are gettong off with it is beyond me

Aggressive shielding of the old and vulnerable is also a more palatable option than aggressive shielding of the entire population, if its just about waiting and seeing how omicron hits hospitals, then a few weeks of this wiuld probably work.

How lockdown has become a more socially acceptable than either of the above is also beyond me. It should be the nucleariest of all nuclear options, yet it is not only being casually threatened, it is being actively invited by some of the population and most of the media.

There are as many people or more who need protected from the shrieking hive mind of the UK public and media as there are from the effects of covid.