Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I wonder if the Premier League is in danger of getting binned temporarily or having some other form of restrictions imposed on it. That's 3/10 fixtures this midweek been postponed now.

Thankfully we seem to have been less affected up here.

Martindale was calling for a circuit breaker either today or yesterday. Problem is, the famous "circuit breaker" technique never really works. If fitba up here shuts for "a couple of weeks", realistically that'll be it closed till March, and the season won't finish. 

7 minutes ago, deegee said:

Things like this remind me why I don’t do any social media (aside from browsing the occasional football forum etc). Nearly 2 years and 3 jags in, and with hospital numbers well down on this summer’s figures, you have to wonder if these lunatics’ views are actually the norm for majority of the population? It is very worrying how fearful the narrative has made folks. 

Yip, this abuse was direct to her twitter page. Going by places like Glasgow/Ayrshire live who are always shit stirring asking if folk want restrictions back Im pleased to see the vast majority are saying no. As usual though it’s the moonhowlers that the govts listen to. If folk aren’t wanting to leave their house after 3 jags when will they ever feel “safe” doing so? 

9 minutes ago, deegee said:

Things like this remind me why I don’t do any social media (aside from browsing the occasional football forum etc). Nearly 2 years and 3 jags in, and with hospital numbers well down on this summer’s figures, you have to wonder if these lunatics’ views are actually the norm for majority of the population? It is very worrying how fearful the narrative has made folks. 

It can be pure poison at times, just a rage machine for a lot of people.

5,951 new cases of COVID-19 reported
60,162 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
10.8% of these were positive
18 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
34 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
531 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
4,366,439 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,983,975 have received their second dose, and 2,313,843 have received a third dose or booster.

An insane amount of tests, positivity a tick up by by and large and everything else steady

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I wonder if the Premier League is in danger of getting binned temporarily or having some other form of restrictions imposed on it. That's 3/10 fixtures this midweek been postponed now.

Thankfully we seem to have been less affected up here.

I’m sure I read earlier they’re considering taking a 14 day break. 

I guess the people wanting lockdown and sectors shut again are people who will receive furlough/are rich/are retired. Not so easy in my sector (events), a lot of people are on zero hour contracts so furlough doesn’t apply to them and they need to get on universal credit. I’m lucky I have some savings, but why should people be harassed by the job centre due to no fault of their own? Some people really need to look at the wider picture before they brand football/gig/pub goers selfish, there is swathes of people who work at these places who need wages to live

I tested positive for covid when I came back from holiday at the start of November, showing no symptoms at all. My wife lost her taste and smell for a few days but that was it. We’re both at the very healthier end of the spectrum, with regard to exercising regularly and diet.

My granny contracted covid while in hospital back in October, and unfortunately died. She was 84 years old and spent the best part of the last decade continuously in and out of hospital. Due to her health, lifestyle and general well-being we knew if she caught it she would die, which she did. These things happen and that’s life. 

As for “staying at home”, get that right to f**k. If people want to take precautions and hide away for the rest of their lives, then so be it but let the rest of us get on with it. 

Meant to be going to the pantomime at the weekend with the eldest child but going to cancel. Will probably take both kids out of nursery/school next week too. Meant to be going away for Christmas so don't want threat of isolation hanging over us. Can't get a refund on the panto tickets but will be cancelling meal before it. Seen lots of inverness restaurants saying they have huge availability this weekend due to sheer amount of cancellations. 

27 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

5,951 new cases of COVID-19 reported
60,162 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
10.8% of these were positive
18 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
34 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
531 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
4,366,439 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,983,975 have received their second dose, and 2,313,843 have received a third dose or booster.

An insane amount of tests, positivity a tick up by by and large and everything else steady

Hospital figures down again. 

15 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Meant to be going to the pantomime at the weekend with the eldest child but going to cancel. Will probably take both kids out of nursery/school next week too. Meant to be going away for Christmas so don't want threat of isolation hanging over us. Can't get a refund on the panto tickets but will be cancelling meal before it. Seen lots of inverness restaurants saying they have huge availability this weekend due to sheer amount of cancellations. 

I honestly don’t see the point in the schools staying open from yesterday onwards. If we’re protecting the vulnerable but not cancelling Christmas, surely it makes sense to cut the germ factories off at their source. Keeping them in to spread their ickiness among each other until a couple of days before the main event = “ok kids, let’s see if we can’t kill Granny this Christmas”.

59 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I feel the minority are going to get their way and have things like sports/gigs shut down. I’m going to Amy MacDonald tomorrow and the abuse she is getting on social media is appalling. People saying she’ll have “deaths on her hands” if she lets the show go ahead. Think she’ll bow to the pressure and postpone it. Scunnering that in a society that’s on to triple vaccines there’s still a desire for people to stay at home hiding behind their sofa. How about folk that want to “live” like that do it, and let the rest of us enjoy gigs or football after a shit 2 years. 

Same with the cup final on Sunday. A lot of people won’t go due to their concerns and think the game should be moved to next year.  

Just now, Lisa Cuddy said:

I honestly don’t see the point in the schools staying open from yesterday onwards. If we’re protecting the vulnerable but not cancelling Christmas, surely it makes sense to cut the germ factories off at their source. Keeping them in to spread their ickiness among each other until a couple of days before the main event = “ok kids, let’s see if we can’t kill Granny this Christmas”.

Yup and they aren't exactly the easiest to do a covid test on either, to check before your visit to granny!