Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Nail bars are getting off lightly this time.

Could be a new hobby to take up so I can actually see and talk to people in real life as WFH means it's pretty miserable being stuck in the house all day with nothing to look forward to at the end of the week.

Soul destroying. 

29 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The levels of panic over this are off the charts. Everyone from people in the streets to politicians and scientists.

It strikes me there's more fear of this variant than there was when this all first hit last year.

And it seems all of it is being driven by this one day on the 25th.

Would we be seeing these levels of fear if it was June, January or October?

Everyone losing their minds over what is essentially a roast dinner next Saturday! 

As said in here; vulnerable, elderly, unwell folk may be best advised to self- shield as that’s just normal common sense. Why the entire country is having fear and restrictions launched at us from all sides, makes neither any sense nor health/ societal benefit.

Just got the e-mail saying the Del Amitri dates at the Barras’ next week are being postponed. Was looking forward to it too. Been a fan since ‘Waking Hours’ came out and have seen them many times. I’m just waiting now for news that Wolf Alice at the Barras’ in January will fall too.

Not a lot I can do, and it really isn’t the end of the world. It’s just disappointing that after two years of this, there seems no end in sight. No normality on the horizon,

I actually find it a bit depressing now.

Just got the e-mail saying the Del Amitri dates at the Barras’ next week are being postponed. Was looking forward to it too. Been a fan since ‘Waking Hours’ came out and have seen them many times. I’m just waiting now for news that Wolf Alice at the Barras’ in January will fall too.
Not a lot I can do, and it really isn’t the end of the world. It’s just disappointing that after two years of this, there seems no end in sight. No normality on the horizon,
Janitors padlocking the gates everywhere it seems.

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Janitors padlocking the gates everywhere it seems.

Isn’t it the acts choosing not to play rather than the venues stopping them?

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Isn’t it the acts choosing not to play rather than the venues stopping them?

I don’t know in the case of Del Amitri. The e-mail says ‘decision by the event organisers’. At least I got a few days notice. They were supposed to be playing in Stirling tonight.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Why was I the last to know?

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t know in the case of Del Amitri. The e-mail says ‘decision by the event organisers’. At least I got a few days notice. They were supposed to be playing in Stirling tonight.

The Martians could land in the car park and no one would care

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Why was I the last to know?

I refuse to derail this thread by indulging in Del Amitri puns. I am so tempted, but I shall resist. Normally, I would, but I’m actually not in the mood for gags at present. When does this end? When does normality return? Gigs, holidays, pubs, normal circumstances.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's not just her.

I'm trying very hard not to be like this too because hatred really does poison you and I typically don't tend to "hate" anyone.

But I'm struggling to even look at her at the moment without being consumed by anger.

This really isn't healthy.

^^^ Bitter Yoon IMO

3 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:
What is the test positivity? I'm always aware that (in Scotland anyway) spikes in cases coincide with spikes in testing.
Cheers

10.8% in Scotland today.

UK was 1.63m tests! I guess they must count the tests differently 

If you take that figure it's 5.4%