Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Wild.

Maybe just dundee but seems fairly atraugjt forward to get an appointment. Still spaces for Satuday and plenty for Sunday and so on. 

I went online on Tuesday evening and got upgraded to 5G at afternoon.

The key to a fast turnaround was booking an appointment in the dirty wee Port and its ridiculous 'town hall'. No appointments in Greenock city centre until next Wednesday. 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Same. 

No prizes for wee diddy half seasons: unless you want a fictional Championship title to go with your 'shared' Challenge Cup. 

I'd say a six month shutdown of football would be too short to settle the mess at Cappielow. 18 months of deep freeze please. 

6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Inverness are still only doing boosters appointments and drop ins for over 40s. Maybe next year they'll get to 18-40. 

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye seems to be the case for the whole Highlands. I’ll get mine in April or something. 

I'm 36 and managed to book a booster appointment on Tuesday evening at the retail park next Friday, so hopefully NHS Highland will keep adding more appointments to the portal.

Before I got that appointment, I was scraping the barrel and looking for appointments in Fortrose and Strathpeffer.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

EPL clubs wanting a pause until the new year. Imagine if that goes ahead, we will follow suit.

Good to know that this type of utterly gormless thinking isn't just confined to government. 

It won't restart in January if this happens. Absolute NAP. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Good to know that this type of utterly gormless thinking isn't just confined to government. 

It won't restart in January if this happens. Absolute NAP. 

I’m quite keen on this idea myself. Let’s pretend it never happened and we’ve all had a year off. 

34 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
46 minutes ago, Snafu said:
Meanwhile Rushi Sunak is taking a holiday in California.
I hope he is answering his phone.

I'm sure he is, in this day and age its quite easy to WFHotel.

As long as he keeps his camera off...

https://www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/listing/sea-mountain-nude-resort-and-spa/17230/

Yeah, it stands to reason that the faster it spreads then sooner it reaches its peak. It’s a case of holding the nerve for the next 3/4 days and not shut stuff down causing job losses and even worse mental health for a lot of people. 

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

This is going to go one of two ways. It'll go badly, at which point NS can rightfully say she tried but couldn't do what might have helped, or it's going to go well, at which point these tantrums and demands are going to look absolutely ridiculous, and allow for a legitimate argument to be made that she's no longer fit to lead.

Next Wednesday here. Still sitting prelims in some secondary schools here on Monday which is beyond mental planning wise.
Same here - next Wednesday at midday.

Our senior phase pupils will be working to the bitter end - to make up time they've missed through absences - and to get on finishing the course content.

This is going to be the earliest I've finished the course content ever - due to SQA butchering units but also because I want to give pupils as much practice with past papers and additional assessments - especially if exams get cancelled again.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

This is the big problem. If you're a close contact in Scotland, that's it - you're gubbed. Three vaccines, negative test, that's tough. 10 days in the covid jail for you. It is utter nonsense, frankly. 

It is marginally better in England where you have the LFTs and do not need to isolate if you keep showing a negative test, but this has not surprisingly created its own problems, namely that it's hard to get the LFTs as demand has exploded. 

The threat has basically achieved the aim without the politicians being the bad guys that shut everything down. Meanwhile a load of businesses are, once again, totally fucked as a result. 

Isn't the 10 day quarantine with full vaccination record and a negative PCR just advice?