Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Anyone know if the track and trace number is withheld, or displayed on caller ID?

They called me from an 0800 number. When you log a positive result, I’m sure the page says it’ll be an 0800 number you’ll get called from. 

Humza was saying quite a lot of relatives refusing to allow their old relatives to be discharged into care homes and thus freeing up hospital beds.
Everyone knows what happened last year but,
If this is the case said relatives should be taking them into their own homes.

Anyone know if the track and trace number is withheld, or displayed on caller ID?
They also text you so it's irrelevant whether you answer a call or not.

Train I'm on back to the numbers of last January. Only person in the carriage and less than a dozen on the whole train. Unbelievable on an Ayr to Glasgow train 9 days before Christmas.

58 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

FGuDLe3XsAIhviw?format=jpg&name=large

This tweet has since been deleted. 

She's the same idiot that wants every house in the UK to have a portrait of the Queen up on the wall. So she's obviously far more qualified to comment on public health matters than Professor Chris Whitty.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Humza was saying quite a lot of relatives refusing to allow their old relatives to be discharged into care homes and thus freeing up hospital beds.

Astounded to see Humza blame others for his failure to reverse 10% cuts in beds. 

14 minutes ago, superbigal said:

While I get where you’re coming from, and in spite of my feelings on what happened last year, it’s idealistic to believe discharging the elderly into community to be cared for by family just isn’t viable for many families for a number of reasons. Where it’s established someone needs care that can’t be provided at home, hospitals and care homes need to work together to reassure families that care homes are there to help. A huge challenge at the moment, granted, but just firing people into relatives homes is only going to cause further problems.

3 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

While I get where you’re coming from, and in spite of my feelings on what happened last year, it’s idealistic to believe discharging the elderly into community to be cared for by family just isn’t viable for many families for a number of reasons. Where it’s established someone needs care that can’t be provided at home, hospitals and care homes need to work together to reassure families that care homes are there to help. A huge challenge at the moment, granted, but just firing people into relatives homes is only going to cause further problems.

This is the case with my mum's cousin. She is going into a care home for good when she leaves hospital. Her son moved in with her a few months ago after her husband died. She just keeps falling over, and getting injured. First her husband, then her son tried to keep a close eye on her but it just isn't working. 

She fell a few weeks ago and injured her hip, and the decision she took then was that enough is enough. She needs proper care that her (working) son cannot provide at home. 

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The FM's comments might be linked to business guidance I'd imagine. After Swinney made an arse of things this morning.

She just said she is going to ask for furlough money directly from Westminster.  

Three households has now become “stay at home”.

Up to 5.9k cases yesterday but no mention of positivity rate.
59k boosters done.

I’d assume that’s cause it would show positivity roughly the same. Will find out at two when they’ll also tell us the other stats, yknow, the ones that objectively matter.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Hopefully she’ll be told once again to sling her hook

If businesses are being decimated by cancellations as is being reported then surely furlough is the lesser of two evils?