Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

How many play parks were chained up in Scotland during the pandemic? From what I saw reported this was mostly an English and Welsh phenomenon. Certainly I didn't see any at any point.

We live in North Lanarkshire and during the first lockdown post March 2020 the two council run childrens playparks were chained up as was the one in our estate. I walked past two of them everyday and they were most definately shut. 

2 minutes ago, Psychedelic said:

Playpark in the village I live in was chained shut by P&K council, seemed a bit overkill to me!

As an aside, my 88 year old grandfather was admitted to hospital on Xmas eve with a pretty severe urine infection, and now has covid. Symptom-less so far afaik, but he'll be a "in hospital with covid" statistic now.

There aren’t any “in hospital with covid” stats.  Only in hospital for Covid.

I assume you’ve told him it’s his fault the NHS is on its knees?

13 minutes ago, GTee said:

Could have left nightclubs open, saying that Covid Passports were doing their job. Get more of the young infected with minimal impact (I assume) on the NHS. A big push on boosters, and schools going back in January to complete the job - not sure where football fans fit into the grand plan. 🤔😄

I really can't get my head round their abandonment of vaccine passports tbh.

They were in place for just 2 months, supposedly to help keep certain "high risk" venues open, then, when a genuine opportunity to utilise them to do just that presents itself, they elect not to utilise them and instead just ban things.

Do they expect people to just go back to accepting them in a month's time?

36 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I can't imagine why folk would want to queue for that long to get into the Edinburgh Christmas Market. It's absolutely mince. 

Edited by RiG

3 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Fife's worst nightclub not giving a f**k 

Screenshot_20211228-215312_Chrome.jpg

Life has pretty much sustained itself for as long as I know by not giving a f**k.  Underage fine,  openly dealing fine,  watering down(and sometimes not even bothering) drinks. I don’t think they’re ever kicked anyone out.

It puts no effort into being an enjoyable place to be,  but whatever you want to do that’s unacceptable most places they let go.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Just go out for a walk, nobody actually gives a f**k. 

Pretty much where I'm at as well.  If I'm not going to be meeting folk or going anywhere indoors there's not going to be a problem. 

You've got to hope that common sense prevails and as we move through next year we realise that folk who have very mild symptoms don't need to be locked away.

56 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Well that's me only about half way through my stint in covid jail and the only problem I have is that I'm utterly bored.

Beyond the occasional cough and blocked nose there is absolutely nothing wrong with me. 10 days is a long time when you're not allowed to leave the house...

The other half started coughing and feeling aches on boxing day, went for a PCR this morning as it was first appointment available. Her LTF was negative, but surely PCR will be postive.

Who or what stops you from leaving the house?

56 minutes ago, Psychedelic said:

As an aside, my 88 year old grandfather was admitted to hospital on Xmas eve with a pretty severe urine infection, and now has covid. Symptom-less so far afaik, but he'll be a "in hospital with covid" statistic now.

Sorry to hear that about your grandad. 

He's not alone, I was reading that 30% of positive covid admissions are actually being primarily treated for something else. 

28 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Who or what stops you from leaving the house?

John Swinney will be hiding behind the bins like a spooky, bald, speccy tube ready to pounce.  

In all seriousness, I know there is nothing to stop me going for a walk outside.  I'm was being too literal with what I posted. 

But given how I ended up catching it, and the fact it put paid to a trip away, I'm aware that I don't want to just carry on as normal and potentially pass it on to others who may find themselves similarly affected. 

It's not so much about not wanting to make people sick (though I don't think anyone ever wants to pass a cold or flu on to others).  I think people are conscious about avoiding catching it because they don't want to have to miss out on work/events/travel etc.   With the vaccination and booster uptake as high as it is in Scotland, the consequences of catching this virus (to most of the population) are more severe due to the restrictions protections than any health implications.