Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Happy New Variant Year to you all.

After last night, I am no longer concerned about Covid. I am concerned about the mental health of those who commission comedy shows for BBC Scotland.

Edited by pozbaird

46 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/01/death-threats-covid-disinformation-public-health-expert-pandemic

Someone fetch the world's smallest violin please, as someone who has spent the past 21 months shoehorning themselves into every discussion under the sun whines that they are not being treated with due respect by the plebs. 

Independent SAGE is a lobby group set up to promote the ambition of its members and the demented, zero-Covid stance of a public health zealots. If you don't like the heat then you can always f**k off back to academia and stop meddling with everyone's lives. 

blackadder.gif.c469c35ec58c9d8ca86b3ba44aeb883f.gif.9e001e38b6323ef1a9ef6c87afa76640.gif

We can write multiple fucking chapters on all of your failed predictions and busted flush, exemplar countries (Germany - September 2021; South Korea err, October 2021). 

‘Ive been lied about’  hmm no you’ve been challenged on the psychopathic shite youve put on twitter. Devi and Deepti and the rest genuinely have a massive ego problem.

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

‘Ive been lied about’  hmm no you’ve been challenged on the psychopathic shite youve put on twitter. Devi and Deepti and the rest genuinely have a massive ego problem.

She probably has been lied about as well as receiving gushing praise and legitimate criticism. It’s social media, just about every public figure goes through the exact same thing to varying scales. 

The fact she disregards all criticism, including the legitimate stuff, as lies is on her. 

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Went to The Lab at 6pm tonight. One of the busiest pubs in Glasgow. On any normal Friday at that time it’s standing room only, never mind on Hogmanay.
Place was dead, about 10 people there. Spoke to the manager and he confirmed they’d be better off closed.
What destruction Nicola’s meddling is doing. What a mess.

This is absolutely the case.  Sturgeon has been nothing short of incompetent. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is my tenth day in that case. I think. f**k knows, several days of sitting about the house eating chocolates all kinda merge into one another tbh 😂

I woke up feeling like I had a moderate hangover today.  Took the test. Two lines. Ten days off work now. Cheers, Nicola. 

11 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
Please let this be true emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Is that not the island Jack and Victor went to?

11 hours ago, Donathan said:

That’s Tighnahulish. Tighnabruiach is on the mainland near Dunoon 

To be fair, he got most of the letters right.

7 hours ago, Lex said:

Went to The Lab at 6pm tonight. One of the busiest pubs in Glasgow. On any normal Friday at that time it’s standing room only, never mind on Hogmanay.
Place was dead, about 10 people there. Spoke to the manager and he confirmed they’d be better off closed.
What destruction Nicola’s meddling is doing. What a mess.

It's a strange example pub to use given they've never stopped using the table service etc current pub rules. 

59 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This is absolutely the case.  Sturgeon has been nothing short of incompetent. 

I woke up feeling like I had a moderate hangover today.  Took the test. Two lines. Ten days off work now. Cheers, Nicola

Congratulations

14 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Ah right, you meant 70% of Covid hospital admissions. Your initial post said “70% of hospital admissions are in for Covid” which was what I thought was impossible, so you’d just missed a word out of your post. Thanks for clarifying.

Aye in a thread about covid, about Yousaf's hopeless response to questions about Covid patients in hospital,  I suddenly started talking about all hospital admissions. What are you a politician? 🤣

It seems a little bit odd and contradictory watching the Arsenal v Manchester City game on the telly just now. A packed stadium with 60k fans enjoying their day out, yet London tried to discourage folks congregating on the streets and bridges last night, and the traditional fireworks were scaled right back.

Sadiq Khan and Boris’s government are making as much of a mess of messaging as our own Government up here tbh.

4 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Could be worse...

Seriously, where are peoples red lines? Surely no thinking person, whatever your politics or opinions on Covid, could think this is reasonable and proportionate?

Canada also seems to have a bit of a Scotland complex in wanting to go further and care more than their large neighbour to the south. Toronto if I’m not mistaken was the longest locked down city in the world.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

At least thanks to Omicron I'll be spending most of January WFH, which should spare the awkward "do I know them well enough to wish them happy new year?" moments on the first day back in the office.

Or the even more awkward "should I attempt a handshake/kiss or fist/elbow bump?"....

54 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Aye in a thread about covid, about Yousaf's hopeless response to questions about Covid patients in hospital,  I suddenly started talking about all hospital admissions. What are you a politician? 🤣

An aggressive defensive response to a completely bland question. Maybe just be clearer in future and type out the words you actually mean.

Not to mention of course that your evidence didn’t actually agree with your point anyway 😂