Coronavirus (COVID-19)

54 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

More and more people ditching the masks, was at braehead on Saturday for the hockey and in and around the arena I’d say compliance which a few weeks ago was about 90% was down to maybe about 60 and yesterday when out with the wean at a soft play (M&Ds) I’d say it was more like 25%.

Was in Braehead and Glasgow at the weekend. Mask compliance must have been about 40%. Compared to up here where you are lucky to see even 5 people without one. 

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's been my experience for the last year too. The vast majority simply won't be bothered and out of those who are bothered, the vast majority wouldn't dare look at you let alone physically challenge you.

Of course there's always that stress that someone is going to have a go but I haven't been challenged by anyone to cover up.

^^^ this is it folks. I too started getting bolder from the point when Omicron wasn't anywhere near as bad as first feared. Use your judgement but I'm basically mask free now after a gradual slide that took me about 4 weeks. The only way you'll be getting rid of masks is by exercising your own jusgement. If you're waiting for Chief Mammy to tell you it's all going to be okay I'm afraid we're going to have to let you down gently...

I understand there's a briefing tomorrow, any word on what this will include at all?  

I think the fact that opposition parties are calling for things like the vaccine passports to be binned make them less likely to be, the SG won't want to look like they are caving to pressure.  Unsure about masks - I understand that from today they aren't compulsory in schools.  Logically, then what's the point in having them somewhere like a supermarket when you don't have to wear them in a school?  Again though, I think they'll be staying in place.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I understand there's a briefing tomorrow, any word on what this will include at all?  

I think the fact that opposition parties are calling for things like the vaccine passports to be binned make them less likely to be, the SG won't want to look like they are caving to pressure.  Unsure about masks - I understand that from today they aren't compulsory in schools.  Logically, then what's the point in having them somewhere like a supermarket when you don't have to wear them in a school?  Again though, I think they'll be staying in place.

They are meant to be publishing their long awaited living with covid document. 

Id Bin it all now obviously but knowing what we know about the SG that obviously won’t happen. 

Im willing to accept if they publish a plan that is something like an easing with a view to everything being gone by Easter or something like that including masks etc. 

If it is anything vague that just keeps an open ended mandate on masks, restrictions, various rules etc then it’s a joke and I will submit myself to the heads gone thread. 

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

28th for losing the masks in school and even then it is only in classrooms.

Which, of course, is the only time the kids have actually been wearing them.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Was in Braehead and Glasgow at the weekend. Mask compliance must have been about 40%. Compared to up here where you are lucky to see even 5 people without one. 

Just back from Morrison’s and, sad to say, it was about 95% mask observance.

Scots are a very compliant race.

Anyway, everyone to their own.

19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Like @Dons_1988 said, I will also submit myself to the heads gone thread if they keep the remaining restrictions in place. 

I should clarify that I fully expect there to be a time lag even if it’s good news. I.e. we’ll lift restrictions by x date because in that many weeks time it’ll be much safer!!

My heads gone will be if it’s open ended ‘baseline measures for some time to come’ type nonsense. I will be genuinely raging. 

It'll be interesting to see her response when its pointed out that numerous other countries are doing away with restrictions, not just England.

Will it be reckless Scandinavians / Europeans or some bullshit about how we just don't know? I'll reserve a full heads gone until tomorrow but I reckon we'll be left with the shitty end of the stick (again) in comparison to elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just back from Morrison’s and, sad to say, it was about 95% mask observance.

Scots are a very compliant race.

Anyway, everyone to their own.

I very much doubt we're a race but please feel free to try your luck in the land of Johnson & Rees-Mogg.  Anything goes and they have very nice Morrisons too.