Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Stuarty said:

Tested positive on Thursday morning. Am I right in saying a negative test Tuesday and Wednesday this week means I’m good to leave the house on Wednesday day 7?

Yep.

It finally made its way in to my house this week, with my wife testing positive on Tuesday (she had to test for her work after an outbreak there). The rest of us seem to have avoided it, though, which I’m thankful for as we’ve a family funeral this Wednesday that I’d be devastated to miss. She’s tested each day since the positive result out of curiosity, and has tested negative for the first time today. Hopefully that’ll be the same tomorrow and Monday and she’ll be free from isolation. 

These countries must have dropped their 'basic public health protocols'!
While the 'experts' bammed up these places for two years and made life miserable for us, normal people on this forum knew they were disasters waiting to happen when the reality of life reared its head. Still, they continued to push a dangerous and unobtainable utopian fantasy. As a result, they should be sacked and never let near a position of influence ever again.

Am I missing something here?

Didn't these countries keep their citizens safe until there was development and deployment of a successful vaccine?

Not only that, they kept them safe until the dominant strain that they are now becoming infected with is less likely to cause serious illness and death and if it does cause serious illness there are established treatments that increase the likelihood of a positive outcome and reduce the time spent in hospital.

Of course the numbers were going to spike in those places when they dropped their restrictions but their "disaster" will likely have a far less mortality count than other nations.

Household caught covid and despite being double vaxed and boosted, both me and the wife totally wiped with heavy cold symptoms, but still functioning, but 2 year old really poorly with it and crackly chest. Thankfully on mend now, but it does make you think that there is kids of 2-3 years old and under who are not vaccinated and because of lockdowns etc, have never really been exposed to milder viruses like the cold. 

I fear for a spike once restrictions are lifted. 

Aye there definitely seems to be an upturn in cases at the moment.  Right in time for Sturgeon to reverse the masks wearing turning to guidance a fortnight today.

Jason Leitch: No reason for panic or restrictions despite Covid rise in Scotland - STV News

when this c**t is saying shit happens, it really is over

way back in summer 2020 he did actually say on OTB that eventually this would become endemic and there would be no need to worry or even try to prevent the majority of cases, were surely at that point

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Jason Leitch: No reason for panic or restrictions despite Covid rise in Scotland - STV News

way back in summer 2020 he did actually say on OTB that eventually this would become endemic and there would be no need to worry or even try to prevent the majority of cases, were surely at that point

According to him, should we not be at peak-Omicron about now?

Just now, oaksoft said:

I'm probably just being overly touchy on the issue of "experts".

I ended up listening to none of them after a short while. It was pretty clear that none of these attention seekers (and that guy is one of them) really had much of a clue about what was going on. I didn't listen to those who were saying things which aligned with my views either. They were, and still are, doing nothing more than guessing and pretending to be in-the-know.

I think I'm still in shock at the sheer volume and the brass neck of the media whoring by all of these people.

Going to take you to task on that. John Campbell shows data during every talk and although he does make predictions he always updates on those. The reason I like him is that he finds information that I want to know and he varies it every day. Yes, he does enjoy the attention and I guess he's made a bit of bunce over the pandemic but tbf on him he must put in the hours of research.

18 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Aye he has to say that now due to all the other 3 nations getting masks to fuck.  You can bet your bottom buck that if it was only the Tories relaxing mask wearing he'd be whistling a different tune.

30 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I fear for a spike once restrictions are lifted. 

What restrictions? All meaningful restrictions have already been lifted, I don't think the sort of masks people currently wear have much impact anyway and the evidence from England and elsewhere is that removing that mandate doesn't seem to have any impact.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What restrictions? All meaningful restrictions have already been lifted, I don't think the sort of masks people currently wear have much impact anyway and the evidence from England and elsewhere is that removing that mandate doesn't seem to have any impact.

It's not the masks that I think will cause the issue, it is the lack of requirement to isolate.

What we should be saying is that while it is not a legal requirement, you should still be minded to isolate where possible. Not just with this, but with any virus.

What also slightly gives me a fear is that we don't really know how many positive cases are out there now. If you do test positive, I'd imagine not everyone will register it. Aside from collating the numbers, there is nothing that registering a positive test helps you with. 

Edited by Theyellowbox