Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was confirmed weeks ago that isolation is merely guidance and nothing more.

Not sure my work are taking that as guidence rather than yer benched.

I try to avoid going all "Sturgeon is lying to us" etc but I really don't understand why we don't have regular figures for incidental infections in Scotland.  Is there any technical reason why these figures seem elusive here but not in England?  

You have to lean towards the idea that these figures are inconvenient to the SG narrative and so they aren't prioritised.

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I try to avoid going all "Sturgeon is lying to us" etc but I really don't understand why we don't have regular figures for incidental infections in Scotland.  Is there any technical reason why these figures seem elusive here but not in England?  

You have to lean towards the idea that these figures are inconvenient to the SG narrative and so they aren't prioritised.

You'd think it wouldn't be onerous extra form filling for NHS staff to have reason admitted next to the covid positive box.

10 hours ago, red23 said:

more so than it is now "if even one person is offended by anything it's one too many" 

Scotland's new slogan.

we-need-to-do-something-407432.jpg

Our new national motto is 'Scotland the Unbrave', surely? The way we have acted the past two years is certainly not one of a leader on the European stage, that's for sure. Soft and meek as shit.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Still very bitter about this to be honest. A really depressing indictment of how she sees the population and wants to govern. 

The compliance, even once lifted, will be a dragged out decline as well even once the legal requirement is gone. It will take time for some people to realise they don't have to bother anymore and for them to feel comfortable that they won't be judged for choosing not to wear one. We have endured almost an entire year more of pointless mask theatre than England and most of the Nordics for zero measurable benefit - instead merely entrenching fear. Even now we are months behind swathes of Europe. It is pathetic. Yet still the Simps will shrug their shoulders rather than ask questions.

4 hours ago, Donathan said:

Also, by not wearing a mask in a church in England (which is guidance but not law), Stugeon has confirmed that guidance means f**k all 

Have the UK Government not since actively scrapped 'guidance' and 'advice'? I'm pretty sure they advise against 'voluntary Covid certification', unlike our rabble up here who think businesses can chose to operate it if they please 'to make people feel safe'.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Given there are ~20 people in ICU here, which has decreased from ~35 over the past month or so, I find it difficult to believe that our overall admissions figures aren't largely at 'record numbers' because of such parallel increases in incidental admissions. That 74% figure for London is astonishing and gives weight to this, given how remarkably unremarkable our ICU numbers are. Of course, we can't confirm this because of the clown brigade in charge of the data here.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

If she's not *deliberately* lying to us us, she most certainly is deliberately taking us for mugs.

Edited by Elixir

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

f**k me those replies

politics has became like football, if one side says X then the other MUST say Y, there can be no agreement

the SNP say masks so masks it is

Are you trying to say that we should just agree with everything the SG say?

Sounds a bit like you’re advocating the end of democracy.

Wow!!

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Yup, our incidental admissions will be near London levels - guaranteed. More Scottish Government misleading on the back of gubbins modelling. Embarrassing.

There were 2,344 people in hospital with Covid-19 yesterday, down from 2,383 on Tuesday. The number of people in intensive care has fallen sharply from 33 on March 15 to 20 yesterday.

The latest figures are another blow for government modellers, who forecast more than 50 intensive care cases by the end of March. Such cases were forecast to rise above 80 in mid-April, while cases on general wards were expected to rise to almost 3,500. It is too soon to say whether today’s slight dip is the beginning of a longer downward trend.

Previous government modelling predicting a large wave of cases in January prompted Sturgeon to close nightclubs and ban dancing in pubs on Boxing Day. The wave never emerged.

Sturgeon continues to impose the toughest coronavirus restrictions in the UK but the country has the highest case numbers. Hospital occupancy is equivalent to 44 cases per 100,000 in Scotland, compared with 27 per 100,000 in England.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Are you trying to say that we should just agree with everything the SG say?

Sounds a bit like you’re advocating the end of democracy.

Wow!!

Not at all, take a look at the replies from SNP supporters. they won't criticize their own team or their manager for anything at all.  some people just can't see past it. one person enjoys going to live music regularly, and was delighted when it was finally allowed again last September, but when the SNP called the omicron mini lockdown at christmas time turned 180 and called the torries murderers for keeping them open in England

If the numbers flying about for England are accurately reflecting the level of patients who are testing positive after being admitted for another reason other than Covid ie they were most unlikely to know they had it, the notion that 1 in 11 have it must be wildly inaccurate. A random sample of the public turning up at hospital for either routine or emergency reasons then being tested for Covid should see positivity figures roughly similar to the estimates of infection within the public in general. The London figures are wild in comparison suggesting the ONS 1 in 11 is a huge underestimate.

11 hours ago, red23 said:

more so than it is now "if even one person is offended by anything it's one too many" 

Scotland's new slogan.

we-need-to-do-something-407432.jpg

this is big state politics mate

long overdue a political party that will drastically wind back the size and power of the state, get the living f**k out of our lives

I'm so done with these fix things cretins

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Not at all, take a look at the replies from SNP supporters. they won't criticize their own team or their manager for anything at all.  some people just can't see past it. one person enjoys going to live music regularly, and was delighted when it was finally allowed again last September, but when the SNP called the omicron mini lockdown at christmas time turned 180 and called the torries murderers for keeping them open in England

Sorry.

I seem to have misinterpreted what you were saying.

27 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Borderline anti-vax stuff from a fake sage drone. Regrettably, Reicher is also on actual SAGE. 

As someone in the comments pointed out, zero covid SAGE are now more anti vax than actual anti vaxxers. They've at least moved on to other things.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

^^^ word salad

The ONS survey is the gold standard for tracking infection rates.

Yes, it is the best way. If I remember correctly, some guy used to (and maybe still does) go round to see @craigkillie regularly and test him as part of this study.

What he didn't realise was that the guy wasn't from ONS, but was just a guy with a nasal swabbing fetish filling his boots whilst the opportunity was there.