Coronavirus (COVID-19)

43 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Wee old lady next to us keeps handing toys over the fence for our kid. It's out of loneliness & any other time I'd be fine with it but we're using a lot of our limited supply of wipes on disinfecting these unwanted toys. Quite soon I'm going to have to be quite rude to her to get her to stop, not really relishing the prospect as she's very sweet but just not getting it emoji853.png

Let the kid sleep over for a couple of nights.

24 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No, it won't be. 

The vast majority of the media are ideologically in cahoots with the Tories. We're past the point of reasonable, balanced reporting, and criticism of the Tories is seen as criticism of the twisted ideologies that these newspapers support. 

None of this will ever be mentioned outside The Guardian bubble. 

The main difference between our press and the US media is that the US media's main goal is to perpetuate the two party system of Republicans and Democrats whereas the goal of ours is to preserve the Conservative Party. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

People from 2 different households away to asda in the same car. Other people bringing their partners, again, From other households, back to their houses. Family gatherings in gardens. All these c***s need a good fucking slap. emoji35.png

I presume that you also phoned the police to report this behaviour, or does your grassing depend on the age profile and family status of those living in your neighbourhood? I don't recall the law making any such distinctions though.

The authorities giving curtain-twitching weirdos any encouragement at all to enforce lockdown measures is what leads to social media frenzies and arbitrary discrimination, as indeed has already happened in the case of certain Roma families in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Don't worry, he'll be along to accuse me of making this all up next....

Like the time that you made up having autism as a means of winning sympathy as well?

You really can't object to being considered a Walter Mitty figure on here given your past conduct.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Oh I get it, you’re a lonely tosser who craves attention and the only way you can do it is to engage people on a football forum through cuntish behaviour.  Reminds me of another equally juvenile poster on here.

I won’t give you the attention you seek anymore.

Feel free to red dot this loser.

Unfortunate lack of punctuation.. 

24 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Maybe there should be a separate thread for bitching about people we’ve seen breaking or bending the rules?

This shit will instill differing levels of fear/concern/risk in everyone, I'll certainly not be jumping all over people at either end of the scale.

5 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Boris paid tribute to the two nurses who stood by his bed for 48 hours. One from New Zealand, the other from Portugal.

Just catching up on this after fannying about all day.  This was said 5hrs ago and no one posted the staff who looked after the PM????????

Ccf81s3UMAAbTtf.thumb.jpg.9d284b575e276a3c800f62c39de039fc.jpg

One thing is obvious, throughout this the Tory government have taken a conscious decision that they will make no apologies for anything.

Patel yesterday and Hancock today.

Once you start apologising you are accepting some responsibility.  They will simply not do that.

3 minutes ago, greendot said:

Just catching up on this after fannying about all day.  This was said 5hrs ago and no one posted the staff who looked after the PM????????

Ccf81s3UMAAbTtf.thumb.jpg.9d284b575e276a3c800f62c39de039fc.jpg

Tbf, Albert is away giving them a good seeing to before unveiling his pics, 5 hours isn't long when you're enjoying yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

One thing is obvious, throughout this the Tory government have taken a conscious decision that they will make no apologies for anything.

Patel yesterday and Hancock today.

Once you start apologising you are accepting some responsibility.  They will simply not do that.

The Trump method of governing.

Unfortunately no one holds the Tories to account or scrutinises what they say.

Dead or in hiding, either way he's disappeared off the scene again while the going is at its toughest....almost certainly to miraculously appear again in a few weeks when restrictions are beginning to be lifted.
The UK is well on the way to having the worst infection and death rates in Europe, and the scrutiny of the government is non-existent (the suspicious would say it's been deliberately planned this way).
The PM is missing in action, parliament isn't sitting, and 80% of the media are more concerned with the normal right wing tropes of Brexit, hating the EU, criticising the Labour party and having a dig at Liberals, rather than doing what they should be doing......which is asking why the f**k the UK's government was so lazy, lax and incompetent by not taking strict, serious measures more than 4 weeks ago. 
Other countries in Europe who acted decisively are beginning to move out of lockdown, while the pandemic in the UK is yet to peak.....all due to the mumbleclown in Number 10 (or Chequers, or the Caribbean, or wherever he is), and his unwillingness to handle this head on over a month ago. 
Serious questions must be asked after this is over about the sheer slowness of the governments (plural) to react. The Tories have been abhorrent in their dealing with this and will have the worst death rate in Europe on their hands.

In Scotland, we need to learn from this and as far as possible, try to forge a far more sensible and distinctive path in the future. That isn't greatly possible in the current UK framework but we need to try as much as possible to move away from the public health advice of England

Wee old lady next to us keeps handing toys over the fence for our kid. It's out of loneliness & any other time I'd be fine with it but we're using a lot of our limited supply of wipes on disinfecting these unwanted toys. Quite soon I'm going to have to be quite rude to her to get her to stop, not really relishing the prospect as she's very sweet but just not getting it [emoji853]
Use soapy water and stop complaining (I've still got fucking loads of the wipes though, so it's easy for me to say).

I’ve given up watch the news.

The MSM are not great at best of times but have sunk to a new low during this crisis with their lack of scrutiny.

As other have said a couple of weeks ago Italy and France were being portrayed as disaster areas yet the equivalent death rate in the UK is being reported completely differently.

ETA also how the government is getting away with the same bullshit about PPE and ventilators every day virtually unchallenged is appalling.

It's always telling how they report the Scottish figures - if there is a drop in the daily figure they report the aggregate figure - if the daily figure is much higher they report that.

LOL at anyone who thinks this will lead to any kind of meaningful change in how the vast, vast majority of the media report on the establishment.

Edited by Gaz

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

We'll see. This is us watching businesses go bust in real time because of a badly conceived scheme. Not a good look for The Party Of Business.

Most of the businesses going bust will be small businesses, of which the Tories don't give a shit about.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

We'll see. This is us watching businesses go bust in real time because of a badly conceived scheme. Not a good look for The Party Of Business.

The lockdown is less than three weeks old.  Businesses that are going bust due to three weeks of inactivity must be in a perilous state to start with.

Many, and probably most, small business owners will have taken money out over the years, maybe they should try putting some of it back in.

38 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Wee old lady next to us keeps handing toys over the fence for our kid. It's out of loneliness & any other time I'd be fine with it but we're using a lot of our limited supply of wipes on disinfecting these unwanted toys. Quite soon I'm going to have to be quite rude to her to get her to stop, not really relishing the prospect as she's very sweet but just not getting it emoji853.png

Use soapy water and stop complaining (I've still got fucking loads of the wipes though, so it's easy for me to say).

Hoarding barsteward. 

Not a single one left.