Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Boris managing to shirk his responsibilities for a while longer. What a mintermind.

Theres your 10k now.

You’ll be the most gutted cybernat on here that Boris isn’t among that 10k after you’re earlier posts. Chin up buddy. 

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Dead or in hiding, either way he's disappeared off the scene again while the going is at its toughest....almost certainly to miraculously appear again in a few weeks when restrictions are beginning to be lifted.

The UK is well on the way to having the worst infection and death rates in Europe, and the scrutiny of the government is non-existent (the suspicious would say it's been deliberately planned this way).

The PM is missing in action, parliament isn't sitting, and 80% of the media are more concerned with the normal right wing tropes of Brexit, hating the EU, criticising the Labour party and having a dig at Liberals, rather than doing what they should be doing......which is asking why the f**k the UK's government was so lazy, lax and incompetent by not taking strict, serious measures more than 4 weeks ago. 

Other countries in Europe who acted decisively are beginning to move out of lockdown, while the pandemic in the UK is yet to peak.....all due to the mumbleclown in Number 10 (or Chequers, or the Caribbean, or wherever he is), and his unwillingness to handle this head on over a month ago. 

Uk and US had very similar approaches. Head in sand then an alternative approach to countries irks SK and Germany to ensure the economy was the priority. when the bodies starting to pile up and projections had death rates at a number that couldn't be fudged or downgraded through misdirection or contradiction, then sensible measures were introduced. Wonder what the two countries have in common......

3 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Uk and US had very similar approaches. Head in sand then an alternative approach to countries irks SK and Germany to ensure the economy was the priority. when the bodies starting to pile up and projections had death rates at a number that couldn't be fudged or downgraded through misdirection or contradiction, then sensible measures were introduced. Wonder what the two countries have in common......

Tynierose summed it up nicely earlier in the thread 

Glasgow uni locking up its gates. Security guard said folk were in the grounds drinking, graffiti daubed on flagpole and generally acting like it was a normal bank holiday. Just at that families were coming into roll Easter Eggs down the slope at the front 🤷🏾‍♂️

Heard from woman I know from walking the dog, her best friend passed away from Covid 19. No comorbidities. Also a mutual friend lost her son to it yesterday. Had cold like symptoms. He was a nurse, went to work at QE Hospital felt worse and dead within 45 minutes.  Feel for his mum as she’s been housebound due to chronic back pain and might struggle to even get to his funeral. Only 34 years old. Did have some underlying health issues including asthma.

A couple of mates have been diagnosed with it but have both been discharged after assessment. 

37 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve obviously missed something. Can anyone enlighten me?

He wasn’t happy about the general consensus that most on here think all Tories are c***s and tried to compare it to bigotry and racism, ie what would happen if someone came on here and said all catholics and/or black people were scum. 

edited to add, appropriately enough, in the heads gone thread. 

Edited by Rugster

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Seems pretty genuine to me. It’d be almost funny to imagine Trump doing something similar.

Boris? Yeah I would be too having gone through that. Just because someone isn’t on a ventilator doesn’t mean they aren’t at risk of not making it home safely.

The USA has a president who thinks a scarf will do the trick, and that staying at home is equally as dangerous. It’s entirely unfair to compare the two.

1 minute ago, Forest_Fifer said:
54 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
Out on Easter Sunday. I never saw that one coming.

Maybe he actually died on Friday and we were just never told

I’d be cross if that’s true.

He wasn’t happy about the general consensus that most on here think all Tories are c***s and tried to compare it to bigotry and racism, ie what would happen if someone came on here and said all catholics and/or black people were scum. 

edited to add, appropriately enough, in the heads gone thread. 

But all tories are scum though, they either gleefully vote for their policies which kill the poor and erode public services or vote for them to ensure the rich get richer in spite of the aforementioned.

I'm very pleased that Boris has survived coronavirus  - he was obviously in a bad way with it, and it's encouraging that the NHS, with all its foreign and European personnel, have got him through this critical ordeal.

I have to wonder all the same, if your average Tom, Dick or Harry would have received similar round the clock care and attention. Would they have lived to fight another day?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

32 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Glasgow uni locking up its gates. Security guard said folk were in the grounds drinking, graffiti daubed on flagpole and generally acting like it was a normal bank holiday. Just at that families were coming into roll Easter Eggs down the slope at the front 🤷🏾‍♂️

People make Glasgow.

Not that my own fair city doesn't have its own morons. A mate keeps moaning about the tinks upstairs having parties. 

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

There was a thing on twitter a week or two back about a Scottish consultant breaking down because a nurse dropped dead, wonder if that was your friend's son?

Nah, happened in the last couple of days. Makes you wonder about the 19 deaths figure 🤷🏾‍♂️