Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Or that the people who were stockpiling are now really struggling having spent all their budgets on weetabix, so maybe now find themselves in debt and not sure what to do with the 5 year stockpiles of pasta, pasta sauce, toilet paper and flour now that most of the shops have all that stuff back?

They could redeem themselves by donating to food banks?

Wish I'd stockpiled weetabix, having to ration myself now so I don't need to buy them as often 

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s all about how you frame it. From the outset, she’s a PR star at the very least.

I think she's a bit more than that. Didn't muck about changing the gun laws after the Christchurch shooting either.  

Edited by madmitch
typo

Weekly NRS figures show that 962 deaths in Scotland are linked to Covid-19. 84 hospital deaths in last 24 hours. Approximately 65% of deaths in hospitals, 25% in care homes, 10-15% in people’s homes.

47 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Yes, my work paid for it prior to going offshore.
Still waiting on the results, before I’m allowed to go tomorrow.

It was a drive up test station at a medical centre in cults, after which I had to drive straight to my hotel and isolate in my room. I’ve spent the last 3 days getting paid overtime, to order room service and w**k.

One of my friends who works offshore got tested on Sunday and is sitting about the hotel like you although he says he has to order food at reception and walks past other people who work on his rig when going there. Doesn’t sound that well thought out.

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

No queue at Asda for the first time since this all started.

Either people are being sensible and not stockpiling food now or the virus has knocked off most people and there are only a few of us left.

Hopefully  all the c***s that have shopping in pairs.

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

Shaming people even though they are sticking to the rules is an epidemic itself. There's a certain level of person that loves doing this because it boosts their own low self esteem, it makes them feel better and superior than the people they shame even if its them that are in the wrong.

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers Ex GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

It's surely quite a dangerous route to be going down as I know that both myself and most people I know would tend to respond with a "get yersel tae fcuk" type retort or even in some of their cases they'd just crack the person without a second thought (if it was a bloke obviously).

I've just had the pleasure of being tested, I think I may have part of the swab lodged in my brain after she rammed it so far up my nose.  Despite the PPE she was clearly a wid so not all bad.
I don't have any respiratory symptoms but after headaches, sore throat, muscle aches and a bit of a temp I left work early yesterday.   Could be just have a normal viral urti but will see though that is most likely.    Been a few folk off in my place but have all tested negative, but as we have seen about 30% of tests are coming back false negative.
Hopefully negative though and I can get back to work pronto.

It’ll come back negative & Jon Nelms will change it to positive.

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Is there a reason the Scottish Government have had to be bullied into offering 75% grants for business with additional premises, while in England companies can claim 100% of their grant entitlement for each location? Until today Scottish businesses were only allowed to claim for one location, meaning for example pub owners with more than one were disadvantaged in comparison to England (and to be fair still are).

Seems a strange thing to do if the funding has been allocated to the Scottish Government.

I'm with the Scottish Gov on this as there were / are people taking advantage. Someone who owns 18 franchises ISN'T in my book a "small business owner", ok, they may not be Philip Green but they're certainly NOT small.

46 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Weekly NRS figures show that 962 deaths in Scotland are linked to Covid-19. 84 hospital deaths in last 24 hours. Approximately 65% of deaths in hospitals, 25% in care homes, 10-15% in people’s homes.

Interesting figures in that they reckon a minimum of 40% of care homes have already had the virus.

It makes you wonder how many of the entire population "have already had" the virus.

Once again this confirms that in order to get back to some form of normality we need  a massive increase in testing and then a targeted approach at stopping or at least managing the spread.

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Is there a reason the Scottish Government have had to be bullied into offering 75% grants for business with additional premises, while in England companies can claim 100% of their grant entitlement for each location? Until today Scottish businesses were only allowed to claim for one location, meaning for example pub owners with more than one were disadvantaged in comparison to England (and to be fair still are).

Seems a strange thing to do if the funding has been allocated to the Scottish Government.

The funding allocated doesn't allow us to follow the exact same path, the number of businesses per head falling into those brackets will not be the same. 

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm with the Scottish Gov on this as there were / are people taking advantage. Someone who owns 18 franchises ISN'T in my book a "small business owner", ok, they may not be Philip Green but they're certainly NOT small.

Depends how big each franchise is surely? 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Depends how big each franchise is surely? 

No.

According to the UK's Companies Act 2006, a small company is defined as one that does not have a turnover of more than £6.5million, a balance sheet total of more than £3.26 million and does not have more than 50 employees.

Edited by WATTOO