Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye the same folk who realise the importance of going out to vote seem to have thought this through whereas the generation who think reality TV is more important than elections haven’t.

What a surprise.

Aye. Those most likely to vote No / Conservative are known for their thorough forward thinking right enough.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye the same folk who realise the importance of going out to vote seem to have thought this through whereas the generation who think reality TV is more important than elections haven’t.

What a surprise.

Or people who are financially secure verses people who are not financially secure.

Just now, ICTChris said:

You aren’t going to beat Philpys post from a few days ago.

Not trying to beat anyone.  It’s just a pity that most of the people who go out to vote are Tory c***s but at least they do vote.    Young folk bump their gums about things but don’t use their vote.  That pisses me off.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Do folk not think theres going to be, at some point, a split of people by age/health etc?

Of course there will. The only thing that remains to be seen is whether it is advisory or mandatory

Of course there will. The only thing that remains to be seen is whether it is advisory or mandatory
Aye, I was meaning is there anyone that doesnt think this is coming?

I think they havent been as blatant as the setting up for masks to suddenly be a good idea but its looked on the cards for a while and for me it's a good idea.

Those falling on the wrong side of it, it will hard for them but "why should they get to go out" isnt really a valid argument against.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Aye. Those most likely to vote No / Conservative are known for their thorough forward thinking right enough.

Not the point.

1 minute ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Or people who are financially secure verses people who are not financially secure.

Lots of older people are financially secure, lots are living in poverty.  Sadly many of those living in poverty still vote Tory.  Doesn’t excuse the young people who don’t vote.

It’s Orwellian.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Not the point.

Lots of older people are financially secure, lots are living in poverty.  Sadly many of those living in poverty still vote Tory.  Doesn’t excuse the young people who don’t vote.

It’s Orwellian.

The youth are the ones disproportionately at risk of losing there jobs and feeling the effects of the subsequent economic decline. I have friends who simultaneously worry about there families health, while similarly being considered about the economic collapse following this.

Furthermore, I would expect the majority of young people who complain about tories, are the ones that vote/live in cities where the tories have no chance of winning anyway. There are a lot of people who take no interest. 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not the point.

You said they were the people most likely to have thought it through.

Their recent voting track record on things that they have clearly not thought through indicates that to be a load of shite.

They've answered that way as they are overwhelming more likely to die from it. Nothing else.

That's not a criticism btw.

Just now, Turkmenbashi said:

The youth are the ones disproportionately at risk of losing there jobs and feeling the effects of the subsequent economic decline. I have friends who simultaneously worry about there families health, while similarly being considered about the economic collapse following this.

Furthermore, I would expect the majority of young people who complain about tories, are the ones that vote/live in cities where the tories have no chance of winning anyway. There are a lot of people who take no interest. 

The first sentence of that post is the very reason young people should be voting.

Sadly the statistics don’t lie.

To paraphrase Orwell “If we have any hope it lies with the young”.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You said they were the people most likely to have thought it through.

Their recent voting track record on things that they have clearly not thought through indicates that to be a load of shite.

They've answered that way as they are overwhelming more likely to die from it. Nothing else.

That's not a criticism btw.

Maybe that’s part of it, maybe that’s why they’re generally taking it more seriously.  Maybe this can be a learning exercise for them, maybe it’s wishful thinking.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My experience, albeit anecdotally in Dundee is that there’s plenty old doddery c***s out and about with very little social distancing. How do you stop that?

The short answer is that you can't. They must be aware of their chances of dying from covid-19 and are not interested in looking after themselves in that regard.

But that's not an argument for keeping everyone else at home.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe that’s part of it, maybe that’s why they’re generally taking it more seriously.  Maybe this can be a learning exercise for them, maybe it’s wishful thinking.

Maybe you're talking shite

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

They keep going on about bringing in the guy who "ran the 2012 Olympics".

That's the guy who gave the security contract to G4S then had to call in the Army at the last minute because it was a shambles, isn't it?

Looking forward to the govt. stationing anti aircraft guns on tower blocks to stop covid spreading