Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

If people really cared about the nhs then they wouldn’t vote Tory.

And at the next GE, when COVID-19 is (hopefully) a largely over, they will do so once more.  Probably pointing to the ‘promises’ in the Conservative manifest of support for the NHS.  Promises that both the Tories and their supporters alike know will not be kept but will offer the excuse not to change anything.

Almost half the people in Briton think that the coronavirus is ‘man-made’ and 8% thing 5G technology is spreading it.

I now feel guilty for calling people in the USA fuckwits.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-5g-conspiracy-theories-man-made-uk-poll-bleach-a9484066.html

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

This chap is 102, lost his family in the holocaust, survived Auschwitz and can't see his great-grand children yet some delicate millennials are triggered over having a low paid career driven existential crisis.

Needs to start using his zimmer to do laps of his garden

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well at least that's one thing in your pitiful life which brings you joy.

55 years old, miserable and still forced to work night shifts.

Do you still have to have your piss breaks monitored?

Oh dear

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
You only have yourself to blame.

Once again, its perversely enjoyable to watch someone goaded into mashing out such nonsense. I am sure he will have calmed down today.

55 eh? Ha ha old c**t.

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Coronavirus: Johnson faces lockdown dilemma as scientists warn over grim data

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/25/boris-johnson-lockdown-dilemma-grim-virus-data

A further 813 deaths were reported in hospitals, taking the UK total to 20,319. This figure does not include deaths from Covid-19 in care homes, hospices and in the community.

As ministers came under increasing pressure to ease the lockdown from the business community and Tory MPs concerned at the plight of small firms in their own constituencies, scientists said the drop in new coronavirus cases being reported daily was disappointingly slow.

Amid signs that public confidence in the government’s handling of the crisis is waning in a new Opinium poll for the Observer, ministers are facing an uphill battle to meet their target of testing 100,000 people a day for Covid-19 by the end of April.

As of 9am, a total of 640,792 tests had taken place, with 28,760 being conducted on Friday.

But on Saturday, Labour leader Keir Starmer turned up the pressure on the PM, writing to Johnson with a warning that the UK risked “falling behind the rest of the world” by refusing to discuss an exit strategy from the lockdown.

Starmer wrote: “The UK government is behind the curve on this. I fear we are falling behind the rest of the world. Simply acting as if this discussion is not happening is not credible … The British public have made great sacrifices to make the lockdown work. They deserve to be part of an adult conversation about what comes next. If we want to take people with us and secure their consent, this is necessary now.

This is what utterly infuriates me, it does partially include death out with hospitals because the UK Government are only responsible for reporting deaths in England. How difficult is it for journalists to get the very basics right.

Oh dear

Once again, its perversely enjoyable to watch someone goaded into mashing out such nonsense. I am sure he will have calmed down today.

On reflection of these posts i think it's you that's rattled...

Anyway, the newspaper equivalent of oaksoft here..... Do folknreally pay money for this?

1434712233_Screenshot_20200426-081128_Samsung20Internet.thumb.jpeg.620fdf766d6713585f87964ebe84b6e3.jpeg

Should have known someone as successful as oaksoft would be the one to unravel the web of lies I spun on here..... 

When's the next review, Thursday the 7th? What do we reckon lads? Another few weeks off? 
Reading the guardian this morning, listening to sturgeon this week, and looking at the basic numbers they have no other option but to extend it.

They'll probably eek out the 'grown up consultation' of easing restrictions as much as they can, to buy them time. The pressure to unlock is clearly building, which is understandable in some respects.

But the science is still pretty clear atm.

When's the next review, Thursday the 7th? What do we reckon lads? Another few weeks off? 

It’ll be another 3 weeks I reckon before we see a loosening. Don’t think as many people are taking it as serious as they were a few weeks Ago so I’m expecting a large jump in cases this week.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

If people really cared about the nhs then they wouldn’t vote Tory.

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

When the alternative is a repellent character like Corbyn then the people have no choice.

In Scotland we have another option

Just now, pandarilla said:

Reading the guardian this morning, listening to sturgeon this week, and looking at the basic numbers they have no other option but to extend it.

They'll probably eek out the 'grown up consultation' of easing restrictions as much as they can, to buy them time. The pressure to unlock is clearly building, which is understandable in some respects.

But the science is still pretty clear atm.

Hopefully the weather turns shitty and folk will realise that opening up too early will just make our Shitshow into Shitshow2.