Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I see what you are saying but if people come out in big numbers there is nothing the police can do. 

Heavily fine those flaunting the lockdown.

After a few people are fined word will get round that it's not a polite request to go home if caught.

You won't get everyone but it will be a strong deterrent.

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

Have one guy who has met David Icke a number of times and he knows he's a good guy because "he looked in his eyes and saw how pure his soul was". 

Fair enough, considering Icke made up a story looked into Ted Heath's eyes and he revealed himself to be an alien being.

7 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I see what you are saying but if people come out in big numbers there is nothing the police can do. 

Folk out just now are being civil but come summertime and lots of folk are getting hammered. 

They could throw them in the nick, the fines are like 30 quid which is f**k all.

Just now, dirty dingus said:

They could throw them in the nick, the fines are like 30 quid which is f**k all.

There's no capacity in the system for that.

Just now, dirty dingus said:

Yip. I wouldn't do it cause I'm a shitebag but I would pay 30 quid to have a bevvy with my pals in a heartbeat just now.

We went for a walk yesterday from our house along the canal and as usual it's the cyclists who are doing everyones tits in.

The toe path and the road run parallel and for whatever reason every tit on a bike wanted to ride on the toe path and not the empty road.

I was pushing the wee man in the biggie and it was chaos with the amount of bikes either hurtling past from behind or Infront. Very frustrating when you want a quiet stroll

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I thought Magee had been quiet on here for a bit.

We now know he is living it up in Coatbridge.

My mother is from Coatbridge. I asked her recently why she's never ever taken me there for a visit. She just pulled a strange face and said 'because it's a shite hole' and walked off shaking her head. 

Is it really that bad though? 

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

After a few people are fined word will get round that it's not a polite request to go home if caught.

We'll see what happens. It's still April and folk are starting to stand around cases of lager. Polish folk handing round the vodka. No trouble so far.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

I'm guessing that most of these Einsteins won't be in the best of health next week.

A GROUP of covidiots have broken the coronavirus lockdown for a "social distancing swally" in a wasteground in Coatbridge.

Around 30 gathered for the boozy outdoor party yesterday, swilling Buckfast, vodka and MD 20/20 - with one woman joking she'd end up in jail

Bottles of booze are raised high in the air as the gang celebrate in the sun - with others making rude gestures.

LD-2.jpg?w=960

Coronavirus would be good for them. I hope they get Ebola.

4 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

My mother is from Coatbridge. I asked her recently why she's never ever taken me there for a visit. She just pulled a strange face and said 'because it's a shite hole' and walked off shaking her head. 

Is it really that bad though? 

It has a train station called Sunnyside, which is the most inappropriate name for anything ever

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It has a train station called Sunnyside, which is the most inappropriate name for anything ever

Coatbridge has 6 train stations, which should give you an idea of how important it is to be able to leave

The heavy handed lockdown approach is a slight fallacy. It’s nearly impossible to enforce and ends up being counter productive as people openly protest it. It also goes against the policing by consent principle, and could have a long term negative impact.

France and Spain have had heavy lockdowns, but high death rates and Italy is hard to judge as they did it regionally and made a right mess of how that was handled.

Germany hasn’t actually announced a stay at home lockdown (save for Bavaria and Saarland) rather social distancing and a closure of non essential business and no gatherings. There are no doubt historical and social reasons why Germany couldn’t announce those kind of measures, but I would suspect the success they have had owes more to testing and tracing.

The reality is, there is no definitive answer as to what the best course should have been. What worked in one place does bit work for another.

3 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

If UK eased lockdown at the same point (in terms of new infections/deaths) as Spain or Italy, why would the UK be more likely to have a higher second peak than them?

Fair question.

If we have more total deaths and we assume the morbidity rate constant across all countries...

Then the UK would be less likely to have a higher second peak as more people / higher percentage of the population would already have been infected.