Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, bennett said:

Folk will end up meeting up with their mates with carry outs, Nicola Sturgeon is right to go slower. No point in rushing ahead when we're not ready.

Again with the assumption that A people are incapable of following guideance and B, that those hellbent on doing this aren't already doing that anyway.

I agree with the going slower, but it's an odd middle ground

Essentially this first step of getting back to normal is herd immunity under a different guise.

Sending people out to work and telling the rest you can travel for unlimited exercise has turned a large proportion of the population into super spreaders of COVID19.

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Like I said my kids were kicking off, Johnston said something about picnics, was this at some point in the future if we stay alert enough, or was this as of now? 

Nvm just looked it up. It's from Wednesday. Reckon that could be a recipe for disaster and NS won't be happy.

If people are having a (household) picnic in Scotland and the police come along, are they bound by the Scottish or the UK guidance? 

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Like I said my kids were kicking off, Johnston said something about picnics, was this at some point in the future if we stay alert enough, or was this as of now? 

From Wednesday in England. 

Probably a week on Wednesday here. 

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

Essentially this first step of getting back to normal is herd immunity under a different guise.

Sending people out to work and telling the rest you can travel for unlimited exercise has turned a large proportion of the population into super spreaders of COVID19.

A large proportion of the public would have to actually have it for that to be the case. 

The Alert system kind of makes sense. In theory.

However level 5 we'll probably never need and level 1 is no virus present in the UK

Realistically that leaves 3 levels, 4 being the current lockdown which we are close to leaving, 3 being whatever BJ just spoke of there which just leaves 2. 

If there are any restrictions at all in level 2 then we will never get away from them; if their are not the it leaves level 1 redundant.

Looks good on paper, but pretty useless in practice.

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

How are folk not understanding this?

Rules before: you can go outside once a day for exercise while observing social distancing

Rules as of now: you now have unlimited exercise and as before must stick to social distancing.

That doesn’t mean you can go to the park and have a fucking picnic, sunbathe or loiter because

1) that’s not exercise and
2) it encourages lots of people to congregate in small areas

It’s not difficult to understand.

Johnson just said you could sit in the sun.  That doesn't strike me as wildly different from sunbathing.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

A large proportion of the public would have to actually have it for that to be the case. 

I read somewhere that under certain circumstances herd immunity could be achieved with just 10% of the population having had the virus.

In our cities we would likely already have reached this level.

I reckon I’ll go out once tomorrow for a walk, take some photos. Come home, do thirty minutes on the exercise bike, have a cuppa, a sandwich, listen to some music, make dinner, be shite at F1 2019 on the Playstation, go to bed.

Don’t see the need for multiple exercise trips. Never wanted multiple exercise trips prior to all of this, no need for them now. Mind you, see no good reason now why my once-a-day exercise trip cannot involve me hitting a stupid wee white ball into a hole with sticks.

Folk will end up meeting up with their mates with carry outs, Nicola Sturgeon is right to go slower. No point in rushing ahead when we're not ready.

Pretty much this.

I still can't believe we're starting to lift restrictions, even if they are limited, without test, trace, and isolate being in place. It's fucking madness!