Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I sympathise but I know from experience that social distancing on a building site is difficult on many occasions and impossible on some.  
I’ve said on here many times that collectively we need to minimise the spread of the virus, we cannot eliminate it.  If construction was halted until the virus was completely ended then the economic impact would be immeasurable.

Key construction hasn’t stopped though - only non essential construction.

15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Announce the standards, let companies implement them then reopen for business.

What a fucking mess

There absolutely is a certification for businesses for which they can apply to have their approach assessed and rubber stamped.

Presumably to prevent exactly what HSF mentioned above.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Geisler just asked Sturgeon "so I can now walk around a park several times in one day but I can't sit down and have a picnic...why is that?".

Geisler maybe getting his snickers in a twist.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Not even close. Nobody will come close to Theresa’s ineptitude.

I would still trust Theresa May do have dealt with this better.

Surely there is a case for David Cameron being the worst anyway

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Geisler just asked Sturgeon "so I can now walk around a park several times in one day but I can't sit down and have a picnic...why is that?".

Her answer was well short of convincing.

Yeah the picnics are the biggest issue here, fair play to him!

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Key construction hasn’t stopped though - only non essential construction.

As I’ve already said, I saw workers on a construction site within the last week.  They were building houses; that is non-essential.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There is logic to this. I’m not smart enough to say what it is, but some German scientist was on the Today programme yesterday explaining why.

Presumably the lower the transmission rate, the greater the relative impact of new infected people arriving, especially as it coincides with everyone being allowed out more.

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

There is going to be some amount of Employer Liability claims in the next few months now. Employees claiming they caught Coronavirus at work and the employer didn't adhere to correct social distancing rules or PPE. Getting people back to work prematurely is mental. 

My work have been quite strict,we are now not allowed in the building till our start time,Diads(handheld)s in our vans rather than got and get them ourselves,got a one way system in place and plenty of PPE to pick up at the end of the night for the next day.Also not taking signatures just leaving boxes and then stepping back.

Mind you i have been reported twice for telling folk to step back from me.

Since when was sitting down and having a picnic classed as exercise?

She’s saying it’s fine to go out as much as you want for exercise, that means moving about, not congregating in green spaces and having a picnic. It’s pretty obvious, sadly it’s clear that will need to be spelled out to some folk.

Guest bernardblack

Surely I didn’t mishear him saying that they plan on starting border control/quarantines?

How is that not in place already?

I would still trust Theresa May do have dealt with this better.
Surely there is a case for David Cameron being the worst anyway

Can we not debate “who was the hottest Prime Minister” instead? I feel like we could be going for hours about the most inept.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There absolutely is a certification for businesses for which they can apply to have their approach assessed and rubber stamped.

Presumably to prevent exactly what HSF mentioned above.

Which certification would this be?

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Aye she should have just said that exercise is important for health, but lying in the park with ham sandwiches is fucking imbecile behaviour.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Yeah the picnics are the biggest issue here, fair play to him!

Maybe picnics were a poor comparison, but BJ at least makes sense by saying if you can go out as often as you desire to a park to exercise, then you can also loiter in the park providing you maintain social distancing.

It makes little sense for NS to say that once you cross the border you can go out as often as you desire to a park to exercise, but loitering is unsafe.

It would have been better to keep the advice as was.