Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

One of our gripes (Mrs Danger and myself pre-lockdown when we’d both go into the supermarket), was people who seemed to want to spend hours food shopping.  We’d go in, get what we needed, and come out and fume at the folk who would stand in front of the cold meat shelf for five minutes before selecting a pack of ham.

In fairness there might be some folk who have nothing better to do and try to make the outing last.

My wife does that. I'm a get in, get it, and get out kind of guy when it comesto getting the messages.

Not her. She'd fill two trollies if she got half a chance, and land home without the one thing we actually need. I always took a list - usually updated by text as I made my way round the store - she doesn't bother with a list, not surprised my youngest step daughter has threatened more than once not to take her shopping again.

26 minutes ago, bendan said:

Surely the funniest thing about this is that it is, and has always been, the pathway out of lockdown.

In the blame culture we now live in, it's not unexpected that there is an adverse reaction to a bit of responsibility being put on people to look after themselves and make appropriate risk / reward decisions.

Workplaces will make an effort to do what is possible as this will allow them to open. Working from home will still be encouraged for those who can. KFC etc are offering reduced services to limit the number of staff required on shift to limit the risk.

Outside of work, make your own decisions. If you decide to partake in a range of social activities and also visit a vulnerable friend or relative, then you are responsible if they catch it from you, no one else.

If it is absolutely vital to you to visit someone vulnerable then you should think about limiting or even removing yourself from social activities initially until the picture develops.

Is that fair? Maybe not, but most things in life aren't. 

No one is suggesting that bars and restaurants be open tomorrow, but we are not a million miles away from that being a possibility.

However just because you have the option to do something that was forbidden the day or week before doesn't mean that you have to do it.

People have lost the ability to think rationally about how the decisions they make daily affect themselves and those around them. Something that we all subconsciously did up until 8 weeks ago.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just back from a walk to post some stuff. Stopped at the post box to get a stone out my shoe. Approaching me on the otherwise deserted pavement was a guy wearing in-ear headphones. As I stood with one foot in the air shaking my training shoe, this grade one fanny stops dead in his tracks about ten feet from me, does a 45 degree turn, marches into the middle of the road. Stops, turns, like soldiers on parade, and proceeds to march straight down the white lines - in the middle of the road. He doesn’t return to the pavement, he just keeps walking down the middle of the road. Approaching him, a woman in a white Mercedes A Class. He can’t hear the car. She hits the brakes and has to slow right down to walking pace. He’s still marching down the middle of the road.

Cnuts like this need to get a fcuking grip.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

In the blame culture we now live in, it's not unexpected that there is an adverse reaction to a bit of responsibility being put on people to look after themselves and make appropriate risk / reward decisions.

Workplaces will make an effort to do what is possible as this will allow them to open. Working from home will still be encouraged for those who can. KFC etc are offering reduced services to limit the number of staff required on shift to limit the risk.

Think it's less about accepting personal responsibility and more that people are worried that those around them, employers, and the government are not going to do all they can to ensure their safety is paramount in the midst of a pandemic. I'm glad I don't work for Asos or Amazon atm, for example.

57 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Hang on, are we both agreeing that we are not being entirely serious about this & are just having a laugh about Sunday meltdowns?

I’m never serious about anything.  I mean that seriously.

Reuters reporting Germany now crept up to R1.1 today sparking fears of a second wave.. over to you Boris.
Nit sure we should be looking to take pre emptive action based on an inferred variable that has risen mere days after the lifting of restrictions, when the opposite effect takes weeks to be seen?

36 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Utterly muddled messages from the UK government - this has that c**t Cummings pawprints all over it.

Some spokesperson on Sky News just now saying she looked "alert" up in the dictionary, and apparently it means vigilant.

Nit sure we should be looking to take pre emptive action based on an inferred variable that has risen mere days after the lifting of restrictions, when the opposite effect takes weeks to be seen?
I'm nit sure either.

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm nit sure either.

That’s nit picking.

Just back from a walk to post some stuff. Stopped at the post box to get a stone out my shoe. Approaching me on the otherwise deserted pavement was a guy wearing in-ear headphones. As I stood with one foot in the air shaking my training shoe, this grade one fanny stops dead in his tracks about ten feet from me, does a 45 degree turn, marches into the middle of the road. Stops, turns, like soldiers on parade, and proceeds to march straight down the white lines - in the middle of the road. He doesn’t return to the pavement, he just keeps walking down the middle of the road. Approaching him, a woman in a white Mercedes A Class. He can’t hear the car. She hits the brakes and has to slow right down to walking pace. He’s still marching down the middle of the road.
Techno viking imo

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

One look at you and the poor guy was traumatised.