Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Previous infections from other coronaviruses could give people some protection from Covid.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/t-cells-found-covid-19-patients-bode-well-long-term-immunity#

Yas!

"immune warriors!" 

"seek and destroy!" 

Those T cells sound hard as nails. When will they be available? 

Already so many people I know are meeting friends/family. That stupid lassie that broadcast giving her pal a haircut a few weeks ago, put a post up yesterday round at her friends house celebrating her 50th birthday. Today she’s put on she’s away up to Silverburn. Folk are so “over” lockdown  
What's she going to Silverburn for?

2 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

I do not wish to have a "go" with you, but I would like to state my case..

Van is needed to transport materials.  3 seater transit.  Three persons travelling in a van as well as materials.  Social distancing?

I do not have photographs, I cannot prove it.  

I thought this was an adult conversation. 

Couple of coffins in the back don't use much room.

Some air holes, both persons wear masks inside. 

One bloke drives.

Social distancing.

24 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
41 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Already so many people I know are meeting friends/family. That stupid lassie that broadcast giving her pal a haircut a few weeks ago, put a post up yesterday round at her friends house celebrating her 50th birthday. Today she’s put on she’s away up to Silverburn. Folk are so “over” lockdown  

What's she going to Silverburn for?

Some TV thing at “the big Tesco”

49 minutes ago, superbigal said:

There must be a glut of lesbian oaps in St Andrew's.
On my daily walk of the golf course I passed no fewer than 6 sets of old dears together walking their mutts.
So we have the slim possibility they are family from the same household.
Simply ignoring the laws of the land.
Or all the granny carpet munchers are out the closet.

No pics mind

Shandon's yer man for St Andrews lesbians etc

The Telegraph reporting that a worse strain of Covid will happen this winter. Are we all happy to continue lockdown until Spring 2021? No fun, a lot of people without jobs, no seeing family/friends? To me that isn’t living. I’d rather take my chances, just like I do every day in the sense that I could get run over by a bus, or have a drink driver crash into me 

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The Telegraph reporting that a worse strain of Covid will happen this winter. Are we all happy to continue lockdown until Spring 2021? No fun, a lot of people without jobs, no seeing family/friends? To me that isn’t living. I’d rather take my chances, just like I do every day in the sense that I could get run over by a bus, or have a drink driver crash into me 

There is absolutely no chance we will be in this type of lockdown situation until then.

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The Telegraph reporting that a worse strain of Covid will happen this winter.

What is the point in this type of reporting?

They also tell us every winter will snow like f**k or summer will be a scorcher 😂

Edited by Todd_is_God

24 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Got to remember any newspaper reporting "scientific findings", (I use to term loosely cause I have no idea of the source) will be reporting it incorrectly, more likely than not.

It shouldnt be happening now when guidance is fairly explicit against it. 
I havent argued that. I am saying I am seeing no evidence at all of reviewing and tailoring guidance as time passes and knowledge is gained and that my personal belief is that's exactly what should be happening, and naturally multiple occupancy van use would be part of the discussion along with lots of other stuff that cannot automatically fit in with a fairly arbitrary distance based piece of guidance

I have seen 3 guys in a transit van belonging to a marine engineering company daily for weeks, always makes me chuckle. Also on schools, not sure if things are different but when I was at school admittedly a long time ago every class half up to half a dozen kids with Asthma inhalers. They would be at risk in any return and that would need managing. I think it is a bit moot in Scotland as they won't go back before August and hopefully things will have calmed down by them. If they haven't then it's apparent lifting of measures was too soon and we will be back to Square 1 but hopefully not. Also gives LAs and Unions up here months to get a plan in place.

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You've been saying that since about the second day.

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

What is the point in this type of reporting?

They also tell us every winter will snow like f**k or summer will be a scorcher 😂

I’d hazard a guess it’s to ramp up the scaremongering and fear levels, making people easier to “dictate” to 🙄

39 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They're just saying that sometimes a virus mutates into something worse, like the Spanish Flu did. The last coronavirus SARS 1 mutated into something so mild it was insignificant. There's zero evidence either way. The real worry is a second wave coincides with a virulent seasonal flu and maybe measles with all those psycho antivaxxers peddling their shit on facebook.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I still stand by it. Life can’t remain in limbo forever...or until a vaccine is found. We need to start being able to make choices for ourselves 

Mine isn't in limbo. I'm tootling along nicely, all the stuff I hate has gone and a few things I liked are postponed. I'll be quite happy for a few more months.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

There is no way social distancing of 2 metres will be able to be adhered to at primary schools, especially with the young kids aged 5/6. They’re going to naturally run up to pals etc. I can’t see the 2m rule being able to be carried out with the likes of bin men in the lorry. Same with hairdressers/barbers/beauticians, there’s no way they can be 2metres away from you whilst doing treatments. The notion that social distancing is here to stay for the long term (or until the mythical vaccine is found) is a bit far fetched in certain workplaces 

Glasgow's cleansing fleet consists of bin lorries (usually driver plus 4 or 5 men) and VW Crafter cage tippers with a 7 seater crew cab. Since the lockdown started the bin lorries have been limited to a max of the driver plus 2 men, while the Crafter's have been limited to the driver plus 1 man. To ferry the rest of the crews around they have been using the 15 seater mini buses that normally do school runs, with not more than 4 men in a bus.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There is absolutely no way anyone can possibly know this and the papers shouldn't be talking about it at all. It's a total non-story.

This is what happens when people pass on outrageously dishonest headlines without reading the article.

Exclusive: Second more deadly wave of coronavirus 'to hit Europe this winter'

I can C+P the article if it's behind a pay wall.

NS predictably backtracking on her commitment to consider easing restrictions following another fall in weekly death.

No plan. No change. Stay at Home.

In no doubt she has our "continued understanding"

I'm afraid not. Deliver the adult conversation promised. Starting to lose patience with the SNP tbh

NS predictably backtracking on her commitment to consider easing restrictions following another fall in weekly death.
No plan. No change. Stay at Home.
In no doubt she has our "continued understanding"
I'm afraid not. Deliver the adult conversation promised. Starting to lose patience with the SNP tbh

No she needs to keep the lock down going for as long as possible. If you keep it going for longer less cases means you might actually see less time spent in the first stage of a lock down being eased. Id rather spend 4 more weeks as is and get to the second stage of lock down a bit quicker than fannying about with what England have.