Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Aye but it'll be doing things differently from England that will drive folk crazy. 

If BBC News are showing English people celebrating lockdown ending and we still can't get a pint it will be a bitter experience.

"heavy", shirley?

ETA: up yours, wb

Edited by Jacksgranda
beaten to it

13 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Not according to BBC news. Every contact is asked who they have been in contact with.

Not according to BBC news. Every contact is asked who they have been in contact with.

I believe this is how it works:

Alice tests positive, she provides details for her 9 contacts.

The tracers contact the 9 and advise them to self-isolate for 14 days, and ask them for their Contacts.

Those second degree contacts only self-isolate if someone that they’ve actually met falls ill.

14 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

If I understand correctly they will only contact them, if you get a positive result yourself. I suspect there will often be a large overlap in contacts

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Flicking brought the TV there and some guy on the One Show saying holidays abroad  could happen by Aug! Yet no Scottish fitba with fans for the foreseeable. I just don’t understand that tbh 

20200521_194407.jpg

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think there is too much point getting worked up about details like that atm.

Far better to err on the pessimistic side, than make rash statements either way (like that Dutch guy).

The way the virus is trending in most of the world, providing it continues to show no uptick as a result of easing, this could quite easily all blow over much much sooner than we all think. Unlike BJ, NS has outlined a route map that does allow for an accelerated pace, though I think we can all agree it's probably not going to be used that way in practice under any circumstances.

I also understand why someone going abroad on holiday is less of a public health risk than 50,000 inside Celtic Park.

Be honest, if the season kicks off in August and turnstiles are clicking before Hallowe'en absolutely everybody here right now would take that.

How many of those 50,000 are you in contact with though? 

The Scotland Tonight show is saying League 1 and 2 may not play until Jan. that’s baffling. Teams in those leagues get about 400/500 crowds max. Social distancing could be easily adhered to, plus it would bring revenue to clubs who need it most. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

The Scotland Tonight show is saying League 1 and 2 may not play until Jan. that’s baffling. Teams in those leagues get about 400/500 crowds max. Social distancing could be easily adhered to, plus it would bring revenue to clubs who need it most. 

What's the point of going to a game of fitba if you can't sit with your mates?

It's no better than watching it on telly.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Falkirk?

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I believe this is how it works:

Alice tests positive, she provides details for her 9 contacts.

The tracers contact the 9 and advise them to self-isolate for 14 days, and ask them for their Contacts.

Those second degree contacts only self-isolate if someone that they’ve actually met falls ill.

This must require rapid result testing on a large scale. Do we have that? 

Just now, Gaz said:

What's the point of going to a game of fitba if you can't sit with your mates?

It's no better than watching it on telly.

I’d rather stand 2 metres from them and still be able to chat, rather than watching games behind closed doors. The German games at the weekend were a brutal watch 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The sheer number of middle class arseholes in and around Battlefield and Queens Park etc who think for some special reason that the rules dont apply to them is mental. See the worst thing about working in the public sector, its the public.

Shared Shawlands x

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t know why she’s leaving or where she’s gonna go.

I had to look that song up. Before my time.

We'll be kind and put this down to my ignorance.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not many, but when you consider turnstiles, toilets, concourses and concession stands, a lot more than if you couldn't go at all.

I didn't see Scotland Tonight tbf, but unless they planned on scrapping the playoffs / halfing the season, I don't see how they could play the L1/L2 season starting potentially 3 or 4 months after the Premiership & Championship.

By starting later it may allow them to generate gate receipts from all 36 games rather than only 20ish, but it comes with a host of other issues.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Not many, but when you consider turnstiles, toilets, concourses and concession stands, a lot more than if you couldn't go at all.

I didn't see Scotland Tonight tbf, but unless they planned on scrapping the playoffs / halfing the season, I don't see how they could play the L1/L2 season starting potentially 3 or 4 months after the Premiership & Championship.

By starting later it may allow them to generate gate receipts from all 36 games rather than only 20ish, but it comes with a host of other issues.

The Stranraer chairman said if it starts in Jan it would probably mean playing each other twice rather than 4 times.