Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Just heard an Italian doc getting interviewed on the World Service saying he has a 49 year old in intensive care who was fit and healthy with no underlying health issues who is fucked by the illness. The doctor went on to say he thinks there may be a couple of different strains of the virus.  

Scary stuff. Might explain the number of deaths among relatively young health workers in China...

Oh and props to the doc for using the f word on the BBC World Service. 

Edited by Lurkst

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see Brotish Airways are taking full advantage. Scum

Convenient timing for them. They were looking for the excuse to dump as many as they could.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Convenient timing for them. They were looking for the excuse to dump as many as they could.

It's the same as the absolute basketcase FlyBe blaming coronavirus for them going bust. They were fucked regardless, but got a convenient excuse

Boris reassures public that the body bags for Coronavirus victims will be ‘passport blue’

https://newsthump.com/2020/03/13/boris-reassures-public-that-the-body-bags-for-coronavirus-victims-will-be-passport-blue/?fbclid=IwAR0ekFXXuCfLvEMnEnegtm2p68P_8FrM7fK7kHmqRAzi1SOgIlo7FO5ptWY

Edited by pawpar

There's a Tweet doing the rounds that shows that the Daily Mail, while giving it the full "Boris is doing the right thing" in their newspapers, are telling their staff that the government's response doesn't go far enough.

There's a Tweet doing the rounds that shows that the Daily Mail, while giving it the full "Boris is doing the right thing" in their newspapers, are telling their staff that the government's response doesn't go far enough.

I, for one, am stunned at the hypocrisy on show from the Daily Mail.

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see Brotish Airways are taking full advantage. Scum

Words cannot express how much I detest companies that come out with all the empty HR 'we value our staff' bullshit and then come out with the following whenever a short-term hiccup comes along.  If any carrier has to go bust, then I hope it's these cowboys who are now bang average (short haul is genuinely the same as Wizz now) yet think they're something special off of long gone glories.  There's something so fitting about the name British Airways.

BA Boss Alexander Cruz said the British flag carrier airline had a strong balance sheet and was financially resilient...

Mr Cruz said: "We can no longer sustain our current level of employment and jobs would be lost - perhaps for a short term, perhaps longer term." ...

Am i also the only one that thinks it would be much better to get it in the next week or two?

The nhs is gearing up big time and the hospitalisation numbers are still pretty low. Plenty of ventilators of you get a bad dose.

But in 4 or 5 weeks, and then for a month or two after that? Fucking hell that could be grim, especially if you've got a dodgy immune system or you're pretty old.

Yep the same thought occurred to me. I guess we don’t get to choose and of course the vast majority of us will be fine in any case. With the end to any community testing even if you get it you likely not to know for sure that you had it.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Words cannot express how much I detest companies that come out with all the empty HR 'we value our staff' bullshit and then come out with the following whenever a short-term hiccup comes along.  If any carrier has to go bust, then I hope it's these cowboys who are now bang average (short haul is genuinely the same as Wizz now) yet think they're something special off of long gone glories.  There's something so fitting about the name British Airways.

Oh aye. That Flag Carrier bullshit, like they are something folk should hold dear like the NHS or that. f**k off. Absolute arseholes. Oh look, a chance to bin folk whilst there is a genuine crisis unfolding and come out the other side more profitable....

Exactly the sort of bullshit the oil conpanies did in 2014 but at least they only took advantage of a low price rather than a potentially massive loss of life.