Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Scotsman - Today’s Downing Street press briefing is expected at 4pm and it’s scheduled to be fronted by Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick – not Boris Johnson.

Another empty jacket to take the flack while all the power hungry big hitters are all hiding away shiting it.

Interesting choice, he who drove 150 miles to Herefordshire to drop off some shopping for his Mum and Dad. No idea what the strategy is either, other than pointing out that Johnson didn't sack him for doing something not as irresponsible as what Cummings did .

Edited by welshbairn

They should test the vaccine somewhere like Brazil where they took the good professor's advice seriously and have a rampant infection rate. Get it over in no time.
“Open your mind up” to right wing propoganda [emoji38]
No thanks Panda. I also won’t be reading up on flat earth theory or anti-vaccine “evidence” either.
Am i missing something?

Is the vaccine professor a right wing c**t as well? My take is that a right wing c**t has shared a story which is genuinely interesting.

Honest man is comparing that to flat earthers which only makes him look like more of a twat.

They've completely f*cked this because they've treated it as part of their 'up is down' culture wars and backed they could drag their supporters with them. Supporters who have been staying at home and not seeing their loved ones because the government told them not to.
If he had just apologised immediately, they probably could have ridden out the storm.
As the saying goes, "if you know you are going to be eating crow, best do it when it is young and tender, rather than when it is old and tough"

Just now, Falcor Roar said:

Ludo having a bit of a minter moment here over a large screen on wheels pointing out hypocrisy. 

How so?

What does this prove? Has his hypocrisy not already been pointed out? Does it need a van with a large screen to go outside his house when he's not in to achieve this?

Apparently I seem to be 'crying' or having a 'minter' for thinking it's all a bit of a pointless stunt. Jeezo.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Is the vaccine professor a right wing c**t

He took part in a video for the US Republican Party, slagging off the NHS to have a go at Obama's Affordable Care Act.

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Ludo having a bit of a minter moment here over a large screen on wheels pointing out hypocrisy. 

He described Cummings as "evil" but seems to think it's too far to show videos pointing out said person's hypocrisy

Japan appear to have done an excellent job in suppressing the virus, without the need for a damaging lock down or the mass testing we appear to be pinning our hopes on.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-22/did-japan-just-beat-the-virus-without-lockdowns-or-mass-testing

What can we learn from the Japanese for getting out of the situation we are currently in, and for reacting more effectively to any future virus outbreaks?

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

He described Cummings as "evil" but seems to think it's too far to show videos pointing out said person's hypocrisy

Yep, I think it does nothing and is a pointless attention seeking stunt.

I now understand why you're so intent on trying to say I'm 'crying' about it.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Am i missing something?

Is the vaccine professor a right wing c**t as well? My take is that a right wing c**t has shared a story which is genuinely interesting.

Honest man is comparing that to flat earthers which only makes him look like more of a twat.

Yes you are.

Yes he is.

As above, maybe you should open your mind a bit and do some research before diving in with two feet.

Japan appear to have done an excellent job in suppressing the virus, without the need for a damaging lock down.
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-22/did-japan-just-beat-the-virus-without-lockdowns-or-mass-testing
What can we learn from the Japanese for getting out of the situation we are currently in, and for reacting more effectively to any future virus outbreaks?

A sense of social and collective responsibility. Good luck.

The big tv is a childish stunt that will no doubt fuel some sympathy for this odious little shit.

I'm that respect i think it actually helps cummings rather than causes him more harm.

It's the details of the 2nd visit we need to see. If that is backed up fully then i can't see him surviving.

If there's any doubt about it then he'll be able to use it to look like he's being hounded out by a hostile media.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/catching-the-travel-bug-cummings-take-on-virus-puts-grant-in-hot-seat

"Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Drive 250 miles to Durham. Pretend you’re still in London. Visit local beauty spot on Easter Day. Travel back to London. Travel back to Durham. Stay at home. Protect the prime minister. Protect his senior adviser." Somehow the government’s lockdown slogans have got a lot less catchy over the past 36 hours. How much must Boris Johnson hate Grant Shapps?'

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

The big tv is a childish stunt that will no doubt fuel some sympathy for this odious little shit.

I'm that respect i think it actually helps cummings rather than causes him more harm.

It's the details of the 2nd visit we need to see. If that is backed up fully then i can't see him surviving.

If there's any doubt about it then he'll be able to use it to look like he's being hounded out by a hostile media.

100% this.