Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Was that not the Queen Mother?

Both. Think the Queen had to bail her out for £3 million while she was still alive. 

Edited by welshbairn

35 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
46 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Japan appear to have done an excellent job in suppressing the virus, without the need for a damaging lock down or the mass testing we appear to be pinning our hopes on.
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-22/did-japan-just-beat-the-virus-without-lockdowns-or-mass-testing
What can we learn from the Japanese for getting out of the situation we are currently in, and for reacting more effectively to any future virus outbreaks?

Comparing the British populace with the Japanese populace in terms of how well they respond to government directives and social responsibility. Fucking hell...

The "f**k what's effective, the British people wouldn't accept that" line is tiring tbh.

If actions such as wearing face coverings, not shaking hands and taking your shoes off when entering someone else's house do prove just as if not more effective in suppressing the spread of an infectious virus, why would anyone not want to use that knowledge to A remove the current restrictions quicker and B shut down any future virus infections before they get as bad as this did?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

His Spectator columnist wife is complicit in the story, so don't see why she deserves protection, not sure about the 4 year old though. Hopefully he thinks it's all a great laugh.

I don't mind weans, but I can't stand the cheeky ones. I suspect his brat is in the latter category.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Checking If Boris is available for a babysitting gig.

Boris' experience of baby sitting seems to be moving on as fast as possible to the next baby producer...

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

FWIW I agree if they work we should adopt them but we've currently got headlines blasting an air horn about how our society doesn't have a collectivist ethos or shame based incentive to conform, so we know it can't just be switched on like that.

Thats true. Maybe expecting them to help ease out this lockdown is unrealistic, but we should look to learn from them for future.

Interesting that in the Bundesliga shaking hands is banned, but fist bumping is not.

Assuming good hand washing / sanitising procedures I can't really see what's different.

If i was wiping my nose or mouth with my hand i'd use the back of it, and when coughing or sneezing into your elbow, its the back of your hand which is turned towards your mouth.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
Imagine being this upset that a virus is going away

Were you an achingly tedious c**t before Covid-19 became an issue or is this is new thing?

It's one of the inexplicable side effects, apparently.

Assuming Johnson is skipping today's conference...

He has so far appeared at a grand total of 12 of out 70 daily briefings. And 2 of those were speeches to the nation where he didn't have to answer any questions.

He hasn't led a briefing at all since May 11th.

edit - our glorious leader is making an appearance today, he now gone up 13 out 70 briefings.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

England only, but hospital deaths by date of death continue to follow the expected curve despite the calamity of VE day celebrations coupled with easing of restrictions 2 weeks ago.

Hopefully this continues to be the case over the coming week

Screenshot_20200524-154932_WPS Office.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Assuming Johnson is skipping today's conference...

He has so far appeared at a grand total of 12 of out 70 daily briefings. And 2 of those were speeches to the nation where he didn't have to answer any questions.

He hasn't led a briefing at all since May 11th.

It's an incredible stat tbh.