Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Breaking the Hippocratic oath to own the fash? Can see the headlines already: "Leftie Doctors with funny names would rather see plucky brits die than do an honest day's work"

Do NHS folk even use the Hippocratic oath any more? Thought it was long since dropped for something more relevant and sensible, given that it's absolute nonsense.

What part of it did he break anyway?

I am actually shocked by the lack of awareness shown by The Tories and their brown nosers, Boris and Co were out digging a hole for themselves yesterday, now they've decided to hire an excavator, the 1922 Committee must be sitting wondering how they've managed to be overrun by imbeciles of the highest order, Starmer keeps his nose clean and he's in with a decent chance at the next GE. 

25 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Shite like this makes you a Tory enabler. Get your act together.

Albert, just look up the mess that Venezuala has become. I do not enable anything, I detest extremism from both sides as it always ends up the same. The people suffer & arseholes like Cummings, Milne, Hancock & Abbott live high on the hog while the rest of us eat "cake". 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Do NHS folk even use the Hippocratic oath any more? Thought it was long since dropped for something more relevant and sensible, given that it's absolute nonsense.

What part of it did he break anyway?

No idea but im sure Tories take the Hippocritic Oath.

Spoiler

BEST GOAL EVER - GIF on Imgur

13 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Even if he does go, is anyone under any illusion that it would be anything other than a bit of symbolism to try and get everyone to shut the f**k up about it, and he'll just carry on as normal in the background?

This is what will happen. He’ll just be pissing into the tent from outside.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Albert, just look up the mess that Venezuala has become. I do not enable anything, I detest extremism from both sides as it always ends up the same. The people suffer & arseholes like Cummings, Milne, Hancock & Abbott live high on the hog while the rest of us eat "cake". 

Can you explain to me how Diane Abbott is comparable to Hancock or Cummings please, citing any relevant examples where possible?

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The first time I read the word “gelding” was in a comic book adaptation of a Clive Barker story when I was about 13. I distinctly remember looking it up in the dictionary in the library and telling some kid sitting next to me what it meant. I don’t remember his name, probably because he avoided me after that,

If you are interested in further reading about castration I can heartily recommend 'The People's Act Of Love' by James Meek. 

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Missed this. What was it about and why was it deleted?

It was leaked video of Cummings fisting Johnson in a field of bluebells just outside Durham. Quite artistic really but maybe a bit strong for the mods.

20 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Even if he does go, is anyone under any illusion that it would be anything other than a bit of symbolism to try and get everyone to shut the f**k up about it, and he'll just carry on as normal in the background?

He couldn't return as a special advisor and the perks that comes with. He couldn't attend cabinet or SAGE or private briefings. He could work for the Conservative party at arms length but not much more than that.

Waiting to see if Sir Mark resigns either over the Civil Service tweet or as he is in charge of the spads.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was leaked video of Cummings fisting Johnson in a field of bluebells just outside Durham. Quite artistic really but maybe a bit strong for the mods.

Ayrmad’s definition of interesting points differs from mine.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

He couldn't return as a special advisor and the perks that comes with. He couldn't attend cabinet or SAGE or private briefings. He could work for the Conservative party at arms length but not much more than that.

Waiting to see if Sir Mark resigns either over the Civil Service tweet or as he is in charge of the spads.

What was the civil services tweet?

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

This is the guy here,sky news just reported it 

Hopefully just a rash comment from someone pissed off with the buffoon and his advisor.

It's already being spun as a lack of commitment to his profession/political posturing.  I can see how he'd/anyone would be pissed off with the Government's arrogance but this is too easy to brush off.