Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Albert, just look up the mess that Venezuala has become. I do not enable anything, I detest extremism from both sides as it always ends up the same. The people suffer & arseholes like Cummings, Milne, Hancock & Abbott live high on the hog while the rest of us eat "cake". 
I despair when people compare those on the left with those on the right.

Diane abbot is a bit thick, and has probably risen higher than she should in terms of actual ability. But her heart is in the right place most of the time and she's hounded constantly. She's also never really harmed people in any great way.

These fuckers are much more dangerous. Their world view fucks over poor people, and they believe in a certain hierarchy of things. They're willing to use racism or xenophobia to win votes, and to hell with the wider consequences.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Why would it be like Venezuela, because they were going to spend 80 billion?

How many multiples of that have the Tories spent this year? 4? Getting on for 5?

You're a mix of a good poster and a quite embarrassingly stupid one.

Guilty as charged Mixu, I have never disputed that. I have looked into the recent economic travails of Venezuela from both angles & it is an utter basket case even before this crisis. Thankfully this will have little impact on them due to the reduced traffic in & out of the Country. The impact of what is happening on our Country is will be felt for Generations, I know my taxes will be rising & I am ok with that because we all need to help to get us out of the shit, I will not be happy if the Personal Allowance starts to drop because that is penalising the prople who can least afford it. With regards to Venezuela I have been watching that disaster unfold for several years, it is not about the current crisis it is Albania, Cambodia, The USSR et al all over again, just like Germany, Spain, Italy, Trumps USA. I do not like extremists as their Doctrines do not work. I a apolitical in the sense that I don't trust any of them, if that makes me sensible & stupid at the same time then I'm happy with that.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Can anyone tell me what the civil service tweet was?

I think you can get it from Burtons

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

What was the civil services tweet?

4 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

IMG-20200525-WA0003.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Can anyone tell me what the civil service tweet was?

I would be surprised if Sir Mark made it through this

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Guilty as charged Mixu, I have never disputed that. I have looked into the recent economic travails of Venezuela from both angles & it is an utter basket case even before this crisis. Thankfully this will have little impact on them due to the reduced traffic in & out of the Country. The impact of what is happening on our Country is will be felt for Generations, I know my taxes will be rising & I am ok with that because we all need to help to get us out of the shit, I will not be happy if the Personal Allowance starts to drop because that is penalising the prople who can least afford it. With regards to Venezuela I have been watching that disaster unfold for several years, it is not about the current crisis it is Albania, Cambodia, The USSR et al all over again, just like Germany, Spain, Italy, Trumps USA. I do not like extremists as their Doctrines do not work. I a apolitical in the sense that I don't trust any of them, if that makes me sensible & stupid at the same time then I'm happy with that.

Here's a tip mate. 

Look into the history of Venezuela, Cambodia, Russia, Albania BEFORE the leftists came to power.

Pol Pot obviously not a leftist but he was brought to power by imperialism and insane levels of American bombing. 

Edited by Detournement

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I despair when people compare those on the left with those on the right.

Diane abbot is a bit thick, and has probably risen higher than she should in terms of actual ability. But her heart is in the right place most of the time and she's hounded constantly. She's also never really harmed people in any great way.

These fuckers are much more dangerous. Their world view fucks over poor people, and they believe in a certain hierarchy of things. They're willing to use racism or xenophobia to win votes, and to hell with the wider consequences.

Having your heart in the right place is not a KPI for holding High Office, neither, in the interests of fairness, is being a hypocritical arsehole who drinks on a train when it is illegal. What Diane Abbott has done however pales into insigificance compared to what we are witnessing right now & I concede that point. I still hold that she would have fucked this up badly in other ways though, can we all just agree that I don't fucking like Politicians, have zero interest in the subject, assume that I will be fucked over no matter who is in charge and leave it there. I'm tired & I am still on bloody alarm call out when we shut today.

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

Boris Johnston lied to the queen, shut down parliament, conspired to have a journalist assaulted, has more kids than even he knows, and the Right in this country still fucking love him because he's going to get rid of brown people.

I would love to have your optimism. I don't share it.

How dae ye ken? Did ye ask the woman?

9 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Good for you. You're happy to pay more tax so I presume you're happy to pay for Trident and HS2?

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Here's a tip mate. 

Look into the history of Venezuela, Cambodia, Russia, Albania BEFORE the leftists came to power.

Pol Pot obviously not a leftist but he was brought to power by imperialism and insane levels of American bombing. 

I have because I like to read books in the hope I can find the answer to a quiz question or just to satisfy my own curiosity, they didn't really improve things much after the initial euphoria & they killed as much, if not more than the other evil fuckers they desposed. You might want to read up on Pol Pot m9.