Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 28/05/2020 at 17:30, Jacksgranda said:

Sent an e-mail off to Gregory Campbell and Colum Eastwood re Dominic Cummings.

Got a reply from Colum Eastwood.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for contacting me about the actions of Dominic Cummings which have come to light last week.

I am of the opinion that virtually every member of the British Government has debased themselves and their offices by showing blind allegiance to an unelected adviser rather than defending their own pandemic health guidance.

By making the political choice to defend the job security of one individual rather than his government’s public health guidance, Boris Johnson has sent a very clear message to the public - saving Dominic Cummings' skin is more important than saving lives.

It is an appalling abdication of responsibility and his government’s authority now lies in tatters.

I believe there must be an independent investigation into this matter. It should include what information was communicated to Boris Johnson and when.

This crisis is continuing to claim lives. People need to know that the sacrifices we’re all making - being separated from family and friends in traumatic circumstances - is not in vain. They need to know that the privileged Tory elite are not immune from accountability or the rule of law.

Yesterday I, along with other opposition party leaders, wrote a joint letter to the Boris Johnson outlining our concerns around the conduct of Dominic Cummings. We have also called on Boris Johnson to remove Dominic Cummings from his post. I have included the letter for your perusal.

Yesterday on BBC Newsline I shared my views on the matter. Please find the video attached. 

Thank you again for your email. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact my office by phone on 02871 350045 or email.

Sincerely

Colum Eastwood MP

UK Parliament Disclaimer: this e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. This e-mail address is not secure, is not encrypted and should not be used for sensitive data.

I cleared it with him it was o.k. to share this.

Disappointed to have had no word back from Bro. Campbelll...

5 hours ago, JTS98 said:

AIDS is Brazil.

A strong history, a high profile, but there's no reason to be as afraid of it as most people are as it's not as big a deal as it was in the past or as people think it is today.

AIDS is surely England. Top dogs once and still think they're relevant but everyone else just laughs at them.

It's genuinely scary the number of people pointing to the 7 day average death figure jumping up slightly being as a result of people going to the beach 3 days ago.

It's jumped up because last Monday was a bank holiday.

People seriously need to stop wetting their knickers.

Genuinely hope that fear doesnt lead to some measures remaining in place after the disease gets suppressed or even disappears. It does sound plausible that it might happen, and I will be genuinely fucking seething if it does.

Further to my previous message, we have this

I'd expect a BBC reporter to understand why this has happened before tweeting. This is why people are scared - the media jump on any chance to strike fear. 

The replies are as you would expect.

I imagine I will be 2m away from @Bairnardo in being pissed off at measures being retained far longer than need be as a result of this fear culture.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

"Interesting and sad" is surely the minimum response to more people dying?

Sad, yes, but interesting is not a word i'd normally associate with people dying.

He knows what he's doing.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Genuinely hope that fear doesnt lead to some measures remaining in place after the disease gets suppressed or even disappears. It does sound plausible that it might happen, and I will be genuinely fucking seething if it does.

We can't keep living like this for much longer, hopefully all of the restrictions don't remain.  Problem is that too many arseholes are coming the kunt with the rules just now.

I get the feeling the likes of Glasgow/Edinburgh live are absolutely desperate for a second wave. Edinburgh Live posted a article today talking about how there was more deaths during the second wave of Spanish Flu in Edinburgh than there was during the first bout of it. They’re desperate to pour scorn on those going to Portobello and Luss and blame them for it 

This was apparently McDonald's queue in Forfar about an hour ago. People are morons [emoji23]Screenshot_20200602-180446_Facebook.thumb.jpg.962672edece26fa6c5f62522ac7f5328.jpg

Both Perth McDonald’s have ridiculous queues. I went to put petrol in at Broxden and thought I’d grab one for me and the girlfriend, seen the queue and went to Baynes for some steak bakes instead.

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Scotland are Smallpox. Big for decades and then suddenly disappeared from the international scene.

England are the common cold. Consistent appearances, but rarely a threat.

Scotland is Ebola. Had great potential but got pumped out by some diddy country.