Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The massive queues at McDonalds drive-throughs wouldn’t happen if McDonalds had said ‘all our drive throughs in the UK will open at 8am on June 5th’ (or whatever), and they had been working towards this happening. We’ve seen it when B&Q announced their Paisley store would be a Scottish store opening - fcuking 5 hour queue for a bag of chippy-stones and a tin of fence paint. Same with the Costa drive-through at Braehead. Queues down the M8 towards Hillington for a takeaway latte and a chocolate tiffin.

Just announce a date and open all your fcuking branches, to stop shedloads of folk descending upon one open store because they’ve had fcuk-all else to do since March 26.

Scotland is Ebola. Had great potential but got pumped out by some diddy country.

Pauline Cafferkey is Andy Robertson, really trying hard to pull the team into the big leagues but falling short despite a heroic effort.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sturgeon has presented the facts well and come across as a strong leader. I'm not sure why she has to do every single address though?

First sentence is inarguable. The second has no basis in fact, not weekly, not ever.

25 minutes ago, strichener said:

Thankyou.

Does seem odd that children at a childminder do not need to social distance from tomorrow, yet it has already been ruled out that schools can return to normal on 11th August.

You also can't have a pee in your parents' house, but may do so in Tesco.

If we are to believe we are following "the science" these inconsistencies should not exist.

Edited by Todd_is_God

43 minutes ago, sophia said:

First sentence is inarguable. The second has no basis in fact, not weekly, not ever.

Has she not done all of them? I haven’t seen anyone else lead it but tbf not seen all of them. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood what you mean.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Not one of them have bothered to learn how to make and cook their own burgers during the time of the lockdown when most of them had the time and could have sorted out their own dinner in the time they spend in that queue.

How many of them panic bought flour and yeast to make bread then never bothered?

They'll be the parents of young children, eager to give them a wee treat - something children's lives have been starved off for a while now

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Has she not done all of them? I haven’t seen anyone else lead it but tbf not seen all of them. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood what you mean.

The fabulous Jeane Freeman stands in for the Sabbath shift.

I think Nicola has converted to wee freeism and therefore must defer on the Lord's day.

7 minutes ago, Disabled Colin said:

Quite.   

Also local takeaway places are generally miles better than burger joints or Pizza places.    

My local pizza place I can get a cracking burger for about 3.50 and a 10 inch Pizza for a 5er.   

Fucking mutants driving miles to queue up for some McShit.  

"Do you want flies with that McShit?"

I haven't been to McDonalds since I stopped at a marvellous little roadside cafe in Tuscany. Nobody else knows about it. The patate regolare were to die for.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It's been about 15 years since I set foot in a McDonalds and that was the only choice in Kirkcaldy and then a 10 year gap before that when I liked their milkshakes.

They're like spoons for me, only go for the breakfasts. I can understand kids wanting a wee treat though after being stuck in a flat for months, even if it's shit food and they're brainwashed by advertising.

Edited by welshbairn

I like to see the best in people rather than assume the worst. However, anyone who felt the need to sit in an hour plus long queue, for a McDonalds cheeseburger, needs a fcuking punch in the moutth.

While I appreciate kids like McDonalds, and haven’t had one for about 66 days, tell the wee fcukers that it is going to be absolutely mental today, they can get one next week when things calm the fcuk down a bit. If they won’t accept that, then punch them in the mouth too.

Edited by pozbaird

26 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Useless people teaching their offspring to be useless too and the joys of comfort food. You would think parents would use the lockdown to teach their kids the importance of how to cook or at least learn the basics, this is some of the knowledge passed down from parent to child as it should be. But what if the parent has no knowledge to pass down?

Aye because if you have a McDonalds once in a while it means you’re useless and don’t know how to cook. Ridiculous statement.

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I like to see the best in people rather than assume the worst. However, anyone who felt the need to sit in an hour plus long queue, for a McDonalds cheeseburger, needs a fcuking punch in the moutth.

While I appreciate kids like McDonalds, and haven’t had one for about 66 days, tell the wee fcukers that it is going to be absolutely mental today, they can get one next week when things calm the fcuk down a bit. If they won’t accept that, then punch them in the mouth too.

Is quoting yourself a sign of lockdown madness? Anyway, just had another idle thought. This is a fitba’ forum, so we are all likely to be fitba’ fans. We are all very likely to be missing the fitba’. When we can all get back to see our teams, in the flesh, after goodness knows how long by then - no matter if it’s St Mirren Park, Fir Park, Pittodrie, or Easter Road, wherever - will we see five thousand fans queuing for an hour in the pie stall queue, so desperate are we for a mutton pie and a lukewarm Bovril, simply because it’s back?

No, will we fcuk. Punch these Big Mac wanks square in the pus.

The United Kingdom is the most obese nation in Europe.

The United Kingdom has had the most Covid-19 deaths in the EU 

Covid-19 is bad news if you're morbidly obese.

A slight easing of the lockdown leads to 5 hour queues for McDonald's.

Sheesh