Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Tbf I think pretty much everyone in the UK is to a greater or lesser extent clocking up breaches of 'the rules' by other people all the time. It's the borderline meltdown behaviour that is produced by the government first making such a roaring c**t of the outbreak and then filling the airwaves for three months afterwards with  wartime-esque messages about 'doing your bit'. Now people treat behaviour like someone getting within their precious 2 metre distance as equivalent to turning on all the house lights during the Blitz. I have to check myself from thinking like this all the time as well.

One of the most pleasing aspects about going abroad for a bit was being among a population who weren't completely fucking febrile and so being able to actually wind down for a while.

Edited by vikingTON

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Tbf I think pretty much everyone in the UK is to a greater or lesser extent clocking up breaches of 'the rules' by other people all the time. It's the borderline meltdown behaviour that is produced by the government first making such a roaring c**t of the outbreak and then filling the airwaves for three months afterwards with  wartime-esque messages about 'doing your bit'. Now people treat behaviour like someone getting within their precious 2 metre distance as equivalent to turning on all the house lights during the Blitz. I have to check myself from thinking like this all the time as well.

One of the most pleasing aspects about going abroad for a bit was being among a population who weren't completely fucking febrile and so being able to actually wind down for a while.

You're getting dangerously close to posting facemask-less selfies on Twitter.

Further to Thursday's outing I was in another shop today. About 10 customers, I was the only one wearing a mask. Social distancing was generally fine, apart from when I got blocked by an elderly couple having tremendous difficulty deciding which brand of pancakes they wanted.
I hadn't realised they were a couple as he had the trolley and was going round the shop in a fairly logical way while she was up and down aisles like a yo yo. I stopped the requisite 2 metres from him as he pondered the pancake dilemma whenever she came waltzing round the corner and down the aisle in the wrong direction. He fucked off with the trolley leaving her flaffing over the pancakes and other bread related items, edging ever backwards down the aisle. I backed off but eventually sidled past to grab a couple of birthday cards.
I then queued to pay, trying to avoid 3 children who were overly picky about the icecream they were getting, nearly getting behind the counter in their enthusiasim, while their mother didn't remind them about social distancing.
The staff were behind perspex screens and there were distance markings and a hand sanitizer station.
It would be a shame if all the good work achieved by (nearly) everyone in NI was undone because we think it's all over.
Covid-19 (like the IRA) hasn't gone away, you know.
Are face coverings now mandatory in shops in NI?

I have to say that since it became mandatory in Scotland I have hardly seen anyone not wearing one.

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:

I have to say that since it became mandatory in Scotland I have hardly seen anyone not wearing one.

Insert joke about face coverings mandatory in NI since the 70s.

On a serious note, IIRC, they're mandatory on public transport and recommended in shops.

I’d be interested in the percentage of people who have buggered off to places like Ibiza in the middle of a pandemic who will actually adhere to the quarantine rules. If it beats the percentage of games Hearts won last season I will be suitably surprised.

Just now, H Wragg said:

Not yet, they're (probably) making it compulsory in August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53528661

We've been very good here following government advice/directions, it's absolutely baffling that so few are wearing masks. AFAIK masks are compulsory on public transport, without any great issues.

Not yet, they're (probably) making it compulsory in August.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53528661
We've been very good here following government advice/directions, it's absolutely baffling that so few are wearing masks. AFAIK masks are compulsory on public transport, without any great issues.
If that's the case, I understand it.

The percentages were similarly low here until it became mandatory.

A business owner on ITV news moaning about having to shut her two businesses for another fortnight when she gets back while an 'Are Boris, 'ate foreigners'  gammon bemoans the government letting people like him down?

tenor (3).gif

Edited by NotThePars

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's quite the travelled myth that modern aircraft ventilation systems spread germs throughout the entire cabin.

Generally speaking, unless you are within two rows of an infected person, you're risk is very low. And that's without considering masks being worn.

You would be at greater risk on a train.

Evidence for paragraph 1, 2 and 3 then provide a link between all three. 

15 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

In a B&B up north just now and the owner wifie has just entertained  us with some tales of how 80% of Covid is transmitted through shoes. 

(Helmsdale if you’re planning on avoiding it)

ati-shoes?

54 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Evidence for paragraph 1, 2 and 3 then provide a link between all three. 

Honestly m9, f**k off

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34708785/ns/travel-travel_tips/t/airplane-air-not-bad-you-think/

Generally in life you have three options when presented with something:

1 - Dismiss it as you already know better

2 - Accept it at face value

3 - Note it and do some brief research into it to verify whether or not it is true

Unless you are an expert in a particular field, 2 or 3 is usually a good starting point.

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Whatever.

Plane, cruise ship, anywhere with a captive audience  .  .  .  doesn't sound like a healthy place to be. 

I've just noticed that I've received a red dot concerning  the above comment.

I'm honestly puzzled, mystified, bewildered, baffled  .  .  . etc.   .  .  .  why?

1 minute ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I've just noticed that I've received a red dot concerning  the above comment.

I'm honestly puzzled, mystified, bewildered, baffled  .  .  . etc.   .  .  .  why?

Have your knickers dried yet? There is your answer

14 hours ago, Donathan said:

You must be pretty fucking w**k at your job if your employer would rather get rid of you than allow you to extend your annual leave for a couple of weeks (or take unpaid leave if you don’t have enough holiday left)

Not everyone has a middle class job or/with a reasonable boss.  

6 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

A 10 year old article. Cheers. I'm reassured. 

Oh im sorry, I forgot technology had reversed in the last 10 years.

Bars, restaurants etc are places with a 'captive audience'

When do you intend emerging from under your bed to rejoin a functioning society?

You are welcome to stay shiting yourself btw. Just don't expect everyone else to join you.

Edited by Todd_is_God