Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

So much for Devi Sridhar's nonsense 'oh the schools won't make a difference if we magically stop the virus at the front gate' strategy then. 

Devi Sridhar has been very quiet on the "everyone must adopt a zero covid strategy" front recently. Maybe because it's been shown to be utopian nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Shoes are the wrong colour. Everyone knows only brown shoes and blue jeans is an effective barrier to Covid.

Sticking your cock in someone elses pint glass is the equivalent of sanitizing your hands.

It's absolutely hilarious that the UK is putting Czechia on its dangerous quarantine list btw when it has had less than 25k total cases while the UK is still belching out more than that every single month. If the plan is to just close most borders to international travel at the end of the tourist season then they should state that as this dartboard approach to which countries are safe is utter nonsense.

Isn’t it to do with the prevalence at the present time rather than the total case numbers from day 1?

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Isn’t it to do with the prevalence at the present time rather than the total case numbers from day 1?

The seven day average of cases in Czechia is 350 and there are no areas under restriction by their own government because of community transmission. The UK rose over 1500 again today and is playing whack a mole with local restrictions everywhere. There's only one country with an appreciable risk in that comparison and it's not them. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Bolingoli went away on personal business, not for sport reasons

I know that.

But pretty sure you its possible to catch the virus whether you're away for sport or for personal business.

FWIW I'm glad that our players will be unaffected by the Czech quarantine. It's just that it's plainly a lot of hypocritical nonsense.

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not a ruby fan but I’ll be interested to see how tomorrow’s sham of a test event goes. 67 seats per fan is ridiculous and isn’t going to be realistic of crowds in stadiums in the near future. I also wonder if the “fan village”/alcohol outlets will be open tomorrow night? Was anything mentioned about booze being allowed to be consumed during the game? As for the football debate, the SG could have put aside all the OF nonsense and cries of favouritism by making next Fridays game at Hampden the football test event 

Shame on you Personalities. Music. pic: February 1957. London. Northern Ireland born singer Ruby Murray (1935-1996) popular in the 1950's. : News Photo

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

The seven day average of cases in Czechia is 350 and there are no areas under restriction by their own government because of community transmission. The UK rose over 1500 again today and is playing whack a mole with local restrictions everywhere. I'd much rather be  There's only one country with an appreciable risk in that comparison and it's not them. 

The cases announced in the UK lag just like deaths did / still do. The positives per specimen date are much lower than 1,500.

Not that this will be acknowledged anywhere.

Agree with the general sentiment of your post though. The idea that someone returning from the Czech Republic poses a greater threat to UK public health than a bloke sitting in the local wetherspoons all day is nonsense.

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Way before my time 😂 I have no idea who that is

Belfast's own Ruby Murray.

Pretty much nearly before my time, too. :lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda

Mmm, perhaps.
I've seen quite a few folk on Twitter claim to being e-mailed by the school requesting testing for runny noses and solitary coughs. Strangely when people ask them to post said e-mail up so that people can see they mysteriously disappear.
Our main issue is parents choosing to keep their children off against the advice of the school.

The seven day average of cases in Czechia is 350 and there are no areas under restriction by their own government because of community transmission. The UK rose over 1500 again today and is playing whack a mole with local restrictions everywhere. I'd much rather be  There's only one country with an appreciable risk in that comparison and it's not them. 
Have to agree with you

The quarantine policy is utter nonsense - better testing on entry to the country as Germany is doing.