Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

Apparently a couple of steroids that are pretty cheap and readily available can reduce mortality in seriously ill covid patients 

I just seen that. And whilst obviously good news, my overiding feeling is wtf did it take them so long to discover this? Youd have thought they'd have been throwing everything at it, buy seemingly not

4 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I just seen that. And whilst obviously good news, my overiding feeling is wtf did it take them so long to discover this? Youd have thought they'd have been throwing everything at it, buy seemingly not

Maybe they couldn't be bothered.

Too busy sitting at the nurses' station munching on Quality Street.

23 minutes ago, Steven W said:

It was mentioned a few weeks ago, but it's not a miracle cure. 20% improvement for patients who are seriously fucked, no help to anyone else apart from a wee steroid buzz.

56 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's always worth remembering that the "shouting fire in a crowded theatre" argument was created to suppress the speech of pacifists and non interventionists who were organising against Americans being sent to the human grinder of the Western Front of WW1.

It's instructive because it's an example of speech being limited under false pretences to serve power.

It's a bit dull that the far right's continual whines are freedom of speech and a right to express an opinion, which have never existed in reality without risk of a severe slapping, especially when they're in power.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

😂😂😂😂

Absolutely ridiculous

You're absolutely ridiculous.   

Pub in question took the hit and close early, then rotated staff to ensure nobody had been in contact with the waiter.    It's now open again, and has been rightly praised.    It's a good boozer but that arsehole Peter A Bell (writes about independence) uses it sometimes and he's a c**t.  

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1552309/coronavirus-perth-pub-praised-for-quick-response-after-friend-of-waiting-staff-tests-positive/

5 minutes ago, Beth Paige-Black said:

You're absolutely ridiculous.   

Pub in question took the hit and close early, then rotated staff to ensure nobody had been in contact with the waiter.    It's now open again, and has been rightly praised.    It's a good boozer but that arsehole Peter A Bell (writes about independence) uses it sometimes and he's a c**t.  

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1552309/coronavirus-perth-pub-praised-for-quick-response-after-friend-of-waiting-staff-tests-positive/

No, it's absolutely ridiculous that a business has closed because a staff member's pal tested positive.

Get a grip.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No, it's absolutely ridiculous that a business has closed because a staff member's pal tested positive.

Get a grip.

You don't know the guy in question or his mate that tested positive or where they were on Monday evening.     Now the pub is open, disinfected and the pints can flow again into pint glasses and food can be served from the kitchen in plates and bowls for the soup.