Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Come on, be honest. If everyone takes the vaccine and we get full herd immunity, and life goes back to normal, you'll have nothing to whine about. That's the real reason isn't it?

Trust me, nobody wants life to return to normal more than me. I hate having something to whine about believe it or not 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s got fck all to do with Bill Gates my reasons for not getting a vaccine. I don’t go and get the flu vaccine as I know if I catch it I’ll be laid low for a few days then be back to normal. Same reason I won’t  take the covid jab. I wonder if all the knicker wetting kunts having a go at folk who won’t get the covid vaccination go and get the flu one? If not then they’re also “selfish p***ks who don’t mind killing the elderly “ 🙄

Main thing is you're not bothered about it. It's just you were expressing concern previously about Bill Gates' involvement 

Edited by madwullie

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Well you wouldn't know, would you?

Up to 75% of those with the flu are asymptomatic btw.

So, the little fella can't possibly know if someone is asymtomatic but carrying 'flu, while you can somehow immediately give an accurate percentage as a statement of fact. Kind of sums up your attitude towards this whole thread, imo.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

So, the little fella can't possibly know if someone is asymtomatic but carrying 'flu, while you can somehow immediately give an accurate percentage as a statement of fact. Kind of sums up your attitude towards this whole thread, imo.

Oh dear. You didn't read my next post, did you?

Silly.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Did you learn how to use the internet yourself? Don't think it was around 70 years ago.

In the late 80's/early 90's I had an Amstrad computer (best of the home computers).

I learned the Basic and Machine Code languages and sold umpteen programs to the magazines.

I also got one program published commercially.

I then learned HTML and wrote a Railway  Guide which I uploaded to my personal website.

I had over 500,000 hits which wisnae bad for an amateur.

Here is a wee program in Machine Code

pr7.jpg.46cc58dc714c7b23d2dbd5958d01f6d0.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

In the late 80's/early 90's I had an Amstrad computer (best of the home computers).

I learned the Basic and Machine Code languages and sold umpteen programs to the magazines.

I also got one program published commercially.

I then learned HTML and wrote a Railway  Guide which I uploaded to my personal website.

I had over 500,000 hits which wisnae bad for an amateur.

Here is a wee program in Machine Code

pr7.jpg.46cc58dc714c7b23d2dbd5958d01f6d0.jpg

Telt 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Oh dear. You didn't read my next post, did you?

Silly.

Yes. Yes I did. It doesn't give a figure of 75%, though, does it? Jesus, you can't even transcribe one simple sentence. Not silly, just stupid.

Just to mention, as well, this research:

a. Was carried out quite some time ago, and

b. Used a pretty small sample size to make such a sweeping statement from. The only demographic limit was age>5.

Oh, and where you say "asymptomatic", the research reported "Approximately three-quarters of infections were either symptom-free, or so mild they were not identified through the weekly surveillance of illness: ". So not necessarily asymptomatic, then.

So, it was 77%, not 75%, and only a proportion of those were asymptomatic. Other than that, your post was concise and correct.

I repeat, not silly. Stupid.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Yes. Yes I did. It doesn't give a figure of 75%, though, does it? Jesus, you can't even transcribe one simple sentence. Not silly, just stupid.

Just to mention, as well, this research:

a. Was carried out quite some time ago, and

b. Used a pretty small sample size to make such a sweeping statement from. The only demographic limit was age>5.

Oh, and where you say "asymptomatic", the research reported "Approximately three-quarters of infections were either symptom-free, or so mild they were not identified through the weekly surveillance of illness: ". So not necessarily asymptomatic, then.

So, it was 77%, not 75%, and only a proportion of those were asymptomatic. Other than that, your post was concise and correct.

I repeat, not silly. Stupid.

Desperate stuff

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Desperate stuff

How so? I'm using the same source material as you. Maybe the difference is that you read (actually misread) the headline before presenting your "fact", and I took the trouble to look further down.

Mibbes best stick to the graphs, kiddo. You seem happier with bright colours and graphics than those complicated word things.

Lockdown was only ever to prevent the NHS being “overwhelmed”. It wasn’t and nurses/docs are actually under less pressure because some folk are too scared to go and see them, plus things like cancer treatments were stopped for months. I find it incredible that there’s an appetite out there for people who seem to be counting the days down until “lockdown 2” and are content to still live with restrictions despite the whole purpose of lockdown being achieved 

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Lockdown was only ever to prevent the NHS being “overwhelmed”. It wasn’t and nurses/docs are actually under less pressure because some folk are too scared to go and see them, plus things like cancer treatments were stopped for months. I find it incredible that there’s an appetite out there for people who seem to be counting the days down until “lockdown 2” and are content to still live with restrictions despite the whole purpose of lockdown being achieved 

Be good if someone could come up with a word for these folk.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo