Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

How many ~1% capacity tests did they run before making this reckless decision?

None, though if you want to be pernickity you could argue that they done test runs varying from around 3% to around 10% when they played out the end of last season with a 1k limit in place.

5 hours ago, Steven W said:

I saw that too. I've no doubt that all three matches with test events will be shelved. But it's because of the Glasgow restrictions. Therefore only Rangers v Utd need be shelved.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. I've no doubt, keeping the gruesome twosome happy, and not risking possible perceived favouritism to anyone that might get their daft fanbase twitchy will play it's part as ever.

There was no need for the Glasgow one to be shelved when hoardes can go and sit in bingo halls in Glasgow. They could have done what the Edinburgh Rugby one did and only had supporters there from a 5 mile radius

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Meanwhile, just over 8,000 will be allowed to go to RB Leipzig's season opener just a week later.

No pissing about with a few hundred 'testing' anything either.

I saw that! I honestly think the SG wouldn’t give a shit if fans never returned to football stadiums 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I only just discovered the test games planned for next weekend have been shelved. Disappointing that a few hundred fans aren’t allowed in a 50,000 seater stadium but old nana (the most as risk) can go to a bingo hall in Glasgow and sit with a few hundred folk emoji849.png

It is just the game in Glasgow, still happening outside the city.

I hope it gets the go ahead. There was talk there would be another game trialed that day as well but nothing materialised with that one 🙄

Edited by Thereisalight..

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Yes. These bad boys.  

Acorn BBC Micro Model A - Computer - Computing History

Spent the whole of 1st year Computing playing Mr EE.

Mr. Do was my favourite arcade game of all time, eating all the cherries, firing the powerball at the EXTRA characters and almost pishing your pants when the diamond appeared.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Im still perplexed at why the supporters at Murrayfield who had about ten spare seats around them had to wear masks, yet the Brighton fans who had less spare seats around them didn’t 🤔 was any reason given for that one? 

No idea about Brighton but pretty sure Murrayfield was about seeing whether fans could understand and follow the rules, signage and procedures, not testing the maximum safe capacity, that will come later.

Tbh took the info from travelling tabby, who is usually accurate.

There were a handful of positives in Strathspey over the last few days, a nursery was closed and then suddenly thirty-one positives in a day. Even if a locality seems like it's doing okay there could easily be an eruption.

I'm now at the point of "f**k the virus I want to watch some sport" though.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

No idea about Brighton but pretty sure Murrayfield was about seeing whether fans could understand and follow the rules, signage and procedures, not testing the maximum safe capacity, that will come later.

Tbf to them they'd have been very dense if they couldn’t follow the rules. There was almost one steward to every fan there. One steward at the top of a flight of stairs and another at the bottom etc. There was no way anyone could have deviated from the “rules” at that event 

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Tbf to them they'd have been very dense if they couldn’t follow the rules. There was almost one steward to every fan there. One steward at the top of a flight of stairs and another at the bottom etc. There was no way anyone could have deviated from the “rules” at that event 

It was a PR stunt

One of the bands I follow (an REM tribute, don’t judge!) are back doing shows in clubs down south this weekend, yet we can’t even have music played in pubs 🙄 I also see some Strictly stars are doing a show at various English venues in Oct/Nov yet we’re no further forward than we were weeks ago in regards to live “entertainment” and shows being back

Edited by Thereisalight..

23 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

But where's the monitor and power pack and tape deck and cables?

That was the beauty of the Amstrad - a complete package with monitor.

6799B3CC-5FF6-4FD7-9EBC-1E7241EAEEEC.gif.caad37102528b88a4c850084c93a4611.gif

Spoiler

Was more of a zx spectrum kid myself. Just had to plug it into the portable black and white telly in the kitchen.

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Hide contents

Was more of a zx spectrum kid myself. Just had to plug it into the portable black and white telly in the kitchen.

"Was more of a zx spectrum kid myself. Just had to plug it into the portable black and white telly in the kitchen"

No, you had to plug it into a power pack then plug in a tape deck then plug  it into a TV.

Edited by Wee Willie

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Hide contents

Back then "portable" was a rather gigantic misrepresentation.  The only portable TV back in those days was this thing:

casio-lcd-tv-470-pocket-handheld_360_80f9bd0f3a616fb261951487c0dd9f55.jpg.309111497afd79aad3130d83e55fe927.jpg

Edited by strichener

42 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

One of the bands I follow (an REM tribute, don’t judge!) are back doing shows in clubs down south this weekend, yet we can’t even have music played in pubs 🙄 I also see some Strictly stars are doing a show at various English venues in Oct/Nov yet we’re no further forward than we were weeks ago in regards to live “entertainment” and shows being back

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Enjoy your "reward" and shut up

Edited by Todd_is_God