Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Basically do whatever the f**k you want.  As long as you don't dream about attending a live sporting event you're grand.

Go to the pub, the gym, school, cinema, don't dare go too a game of football.  

Fascinating when we've been told the virus is less harmful in open air etc etc

The question on a conference call last night was why can fans attend games in non league England but not here? The answer is apparently the FM is very cautious.  Utter fucking pish.  Balloon.

There is being cautious, and there is being cautious.

Cases have been slowly rising for over one month now, yet the numbers in hospital are ~5% lower than on 4th August. This must be very troubling for the "wait 2 weeks brigade" who must be exhausted having said that repeatedly since May. If we must allow the data to dictate policy when it is bad, then we must allow it also to indicate when things are not any worse, rather than dismiss it because it doesn't support what you want to convey.

There is following "the science" and there is applying rules based on conjecture

That may seem to make sense at first glance, but the people taking "more risks" on holiday are the same people who would, and do, take the same risks anywhere, including Glasgow.

Edited by Todd_is_God

15 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Basically do whatever the f**k you want.  As long as you don't dream about attending a live sporting event you're grand.

Go to the pub, the gym, school, cinema, don't dare go too a game of football.  

Fascinating when we've been told the virus is less harmful in open air etc etc

The question on a conference call last night was why can fans attend games in non league England but not here? The answer is apparently the FM is very cautious.  Utter fucking pish.  Balloon.

Surely the biggest reason fans can't attend non-league games here is that there aren't any non-league games here yet. You're only talking about the first lot of friendlies on the weekend of the 12th being covered by the current rules. Once we get past the 14th, there is supposed to be a move towards limited crowds at sporting events, so presumably the situation will have the potential to change at that point.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I hope she has plenty of tissues for when she is in tears.  As for clown shoes leitch will some c**t give him a TV deal and get him tae f**k.

I think it is very telling when a medical professional (I have it in my head you are a GP) is scunnered with the restrictions.

How come we never ask any doctors about the current state of play in our hospitals?

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

We were specifically told do not think about starting your league campaign unless you can afford to pay your players without crowds.

We had intended to start circa 17th October, does that sound encouraging to you.  That advice was given last night from the chief executive on that proposed start date.

The date of 14th September has been on the table for a while and there's not really been any suggestion of a deviation from that. However, it's the SFA's job to protect clubs against the worst case scenario. Anything can happen in the intervening period which could cause a u-turn, and it would be wrong of them to bury their heads in the sand and pretend it's definitely going to be all steam ahead from the 14th onwards and that there's never going to be a risk of it being wound back at some point.

Edited by craigkillie

7 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

We were specifically told do not think about starting your league campaign unless you can afford to pay your players without crowds.

We had intended to start circa 17th October, does that sound encouraging to you.  That advice was given last night from the chief executive on that proposed start date.

The only hope I have left is for this review into the hospital numbers to slash the numbers in hospital down to around 50 or less, and for them to keep dropping.

With the JRS ending & people having spent almost 6 months already putting up with restrictions, if it is shown that no one is really that ill at all then the tide will turn, and pressure will start to mount once people realise (if they haven't already) that their jobs are at serious risk for no real reason anymore.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Tynierose said:

The fundamental issue is how can there be games in England attended my fans at this level but not in our country.  Its an absolute joke.

But your fundamental issue is based solely on conjecture here. We have no idea whether fans are going to be allowed at lower league games in this country, because they haven't happened yet.

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Which culminates in potential devastating ramifications for non league clubs.

Start games without crowds, skint, start for a few weeks then pull it, same happens

It would be almost better just to pull the season at non league level.  No match day revenue disaster ensues.

The fundamental issue is how can there be games in England attended my fans at this level but not in our country.  Its an absolute joke.

The question is who will be proven to be correct. 

We were told by the SG that we were doing all the right things and they were aiming to eradicate it from Scotland.  Then they go and open up what had to be the highest risk areas - Pubs and eateries.  Not content with doing this, they then reduce the social distance requirements when all sense tells you that indoors, alcohol and lack of common sense would see rates increase again.  With this back-drop it appears hypocritical to not allow mass gathering out-door events but then, unlike most, I have not seen much sense with any governments handling of the pandemic.

Edited by strichener

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54016791

Another victim of the outbreak. Sad times indeed.

Reminds me of the time I checked into my hotel in Dusseldorf late at night for the Germany v Scotland game in nearby Dortmund. While I was checking in 2 scottish fans (SF) came in after being out on the town. Started talking to them conversation went like this -

Me - So lads been out on the town where did you go ?

SF - Aye we were at celebrity squares ?

Me - Celebrity Squares ?

SF- Aye it's the block of flats where the prossies are. Every time a light comes on you now that the prostitute is available.

Me - :huh:    

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

my conjecture is based on the word of our chief executive, which is slightly more credible than Tam from doon the road.

To allow bingo, gyms, schools, pubs etc etc inside but no crowds at football is absolutely fucking nonsense and shows these people are ridiculously out of touch.

Ah but the science, wait is that the science that proves outside transmission is minimal.

Drivel.

They need a different trajectory for football where 500 is usually the maximum turning up. When you're talking of 5-40,000 there are a whole series of other problems like travel, packed pubs before and after, crammed toilets etc. That's not a serious issue for lower league football and hopefully it will be able to go ahead as normal in October, along with hospitality which would be daft to ban when pubs and restaurants are open.