Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I only just discovered the test games planned for next weekend have been shelved. Disappointing that a few hundred fans aren’t allowed in a 50,000 seater stadium but old nana (the most as risk) can go to a bingo hall in Glasgow and sit with a few hundred folk 🙄

Meanwhile, just over 8,000 will be allowed to go to RB Leipzig's season opener just a week later.

No pissing about with a few hundred 'testing' anything either.

Just 21 cases in the Highlands in the last 7 days - no justification at all for shelving the Dingwal one.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54016739

Sounds very much like it’ll just be the Rangers home match affected. One assumes Dumbarton, Partick and Queen’s Park also wouldn’t be allowed to host a match with crowds right now.

Seems pretty reasonable. I don’t think England will be piling a few thousand into Preston’s stadium at the moment to check it’s safe, and to run with the German example it’s already been stated some teams will have no crowds this side of Christmas due to virus levels in the area.

Carry on being outraged though.

I only just discovered the test games planned for next weekend have been shelved. Disappointing that a few hundred fans aren’t allowed in a 50,000 seater stadium but old nana (the most as risk) can go to a bingo hall in Glasgow and sit with a few hundred folk [emoji849]
It is just the game in Glasgow, still happening outside the city.

Meanwhile, just over 8,000 will be allowed to go to RB Leipzig's season opener just a week later.
Just 21 cases in the Highlands in the last 7 days - no justification at all for shelving the Dingwal one.
Where are you seeing the Dingwall trial is off ?

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
53 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Where are you seeing the Dingwall trial is off ?

I thought that is what Thereisalight meant when he said "test games"

Paco's link suggests otherwise, though.

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Leitch is the same.

Hitting out with shite like 

“Let’s remember, the global pandemic is accelerating. It is getting bigger. Every weekend the WHO say we have broken a new record for the number of infections and the number of deaths. This is not something to be trifled with,”

It's bound to be a new record if we keep adding on to the previous totals.

49 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's bound to be a new record if we keep adding on to the previous totals.

Haha.

In all seriousness, though, how can you take someome who gets that wrong seriously?

On a seperate note, the average number of daily cases here is roughly 5 times higher than in was in June, where we were testing, on average, 1,500 new people per day. We're now testing over 5 times that many, including targetted testing.

Is the virus becoming more prevelant in Scotland, or did it just appear to be lower because we weren't really testing anyone?

That's important, because the SG won a lot of praise for how well they had managed to suppress it by locking down longer, and they weren't slow to mention it each day.

If it is just as prevelant now as 3 months ago, then the only important stats are hospitalisations and deaths.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I only just discovered the test games planned for next weekend have been shelved. Disappointing that a few hundred fans aren’t allowed in a 50,000 seater stadium but old nana (the most as risk) can go to a bingo hall in Glasgow and sit with a few hundred folk emoji849.png

It is just the game in Glasgow, still happening outside the city.

Think you're being a bit naive in my opinion. The pilot events MUST involve the OF!

Haha.
In all seriousness, though, how can you take someome who gets that wrong seriously?
On a seperate note, the average number of daily cases here is roughly 5 times higher than in was in June, where we were testing, on average, 1,500 new people per day. We're now testing over 5 times that many, including targetted testing.
Is the virus becoming more prevelant in Scotland, or did it just appear to be lower because we weren't really testing anyone?
That's important, because the SG won a lot of praise for how well they had managed to suppress it by locking down longer, and they weren't slow to mention it each day.
If it is just as prevelant now as 3 months ago, then the only important stats are hospitalisations and deaths.
That's very simple to track as they announce the daily new cases as a % of those tested. That is rising slowly but is nowhere near Spring numbers. Incidentally it now appears that given the huge numbers comparatively then using the limited testing stick that the real number infected back in April and May must have been MASSIVE yet antibody studies dont really bare that out which is a concern.

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
Haha.

That's very simple to track as they announce the daily new cases as a % of those tested. That is rising slowly but is nowhere near Spring numbers. Incidentally it now appears that given the huge numbers comparatively then using the limited testing stick that the real number infected back in April and May must have been MASSIVE yet antibody studies dont really bare that out which is a concern.

It was averaging 0.7% in late June when they were starting to high five themselves, and averaging 0.8% as of yesterday. It's even dropped from 1.1% a few weeks ago, which makes the sudden announcement of panic all the more strange.

I think it is accepted that cases in March and April were understated by at least 10-20x - it's why the constant comparisons by some goons on social media to "pre lockdown numbers 😭" are laughed at.

T cell response seems a bigger factor in preventing infection than antibodies, though, so I wouldn't be worried about that.

I'm not particularly worried anyway. I'm sure in the extremely unlikely event I catch it and die there will be all the jokes on here, but I won't see them anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Todd_is_God

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
40 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Think you're being a bit naive in my opinion. The pilot events MUST involve the OF!

One of them might but it's in Dingwall so a ban on house gatherings in Glasgow will have no effect. Your talking as if Glasgow residents are in full lockdown.

Just weary of a lifetime of old firm shit

Allowing crowds of upto 1000 into the games here when the league restarts, then from the start of October they are lifting that limit. Will be 1/3rd of the seating capacity allowed in. For quite a few teams that pretty much means normal numbers allowed.

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Allowing crowds of upto 1000 into the games here when the league restarts, then from the start of October they are lifting that limit. Will be 1/3rd of the seating capacity allowed in. For quite a few teams that pretty much means normal numbers allowed.

How many ~1% capacity tests did they run before making this reckless decision?

16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

How much did you get paid? Enough for 10 Woodbine, 3 pints, cinema ticket, bag of chips and the bus home?

I think it was a scale starting at £10 upwards.

One magazine offered £10 for a 10 line program.

Some of these wee ones I posted are 10 lines.

They would have a couple of pages with these.

The program I got published commercially I received a couple of hundred pounds then I never heard from them again.

This program/game I was paid £50 but it covered three pages

soli.jpg.ef5a91e699e24345597169b4b0829e1e.jpg

16 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Many a happy day spent going round the BBC Micros is the shops typing similar in.

Was that the BBC Acorn?

If memory serves me right that micro was similar to the rest of them as there were bits and pieces.

The beauty of the Amstrad CPC464 was that it was complete along with a monitor.

This is from the website I had in the late 90's/ early 2000's

am01a.jpg.5e9b54b0756d56ba5951f141918e2ed3.jpg

14 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Was that the BBC Acorn?

If memory serves me right that micro was similar to the rest of them as there were bits and pieces.

The beauty of the Amstrad CPC464 was that it was complete along with a monitor.

This is from the website I had in the late 90's/ early 2000's

Yes. These bad boys.  

Acorn BBC Micro Model A - Computer - Computing History

Spent the whole of 1st year Computing playing Mr EE.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey