Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Despite all the tub thumping and Scotland is great stuff you can’t hide the fact that our death rate is amongst the highest in Europe. They might have acted professionally but have made terrible decisions...

If the public ever fully grasps just how inept the UK's political class (devolved parliaments included to an extent but mainly Boris) were in handling COVID at the start of the year the backlash against them could be ferocious.

Guess there's a reason why we still need to pretend that the lockdown did something massively pivotal even though the outcome on cases and deaths was much the same as for the Swedish no lockdown scenario and that having a curfew on pubs at 10 pm actually matters in some way at this point.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If the public ever fully grasps just how inept the UK's political class (devolved parliaments included to an extent but mainly Boris) were in handling COVID at the start of the year the backlash against them could be ferocious.

Guess there's a reason why we still need to pretend that the lockdown did something massively pivotal even though the outcome on cases and deaths was much the same as for the Swedish no lockdown scenario and that having a curfew on pubs at 10 pm actually matters in some way at this point.

We were utterly fucked to be fair, with the virus spread all across the country whilst other countries largely had the worst of the outbreak confined to certain areas. Taking the other worst hit, you had France (Paris & Ile de France), Spain (Madrid and Catalonia) and Italy (Lombardy and Bergamo). Whilst we had some areas worse hit than others, the outbreaks were not as contained to a low number of areas. We had no choice but to lockdown or the consequences would've been much worse. 

The opportunity to do so was missed due to bad scientific advice (no reason to cancel football games/concerts etc.) and then some political dithering. This lead to the UK ending up with the highest number of deaths in Europe. 

This time is however different. The low case period has been utterly wasted with no one devising any means of living with the virus when cases rise other than local lockdowns with national action then applied when these haven't addressed the problem.

The next X amounts of weekends are going to be brutal btw.

Can't go to anyone's house and if you go out the pubs and restaurants close at 10pm.

Looks like it's the Coronavirus thread on P&B and a bottle of MD2020 (Orange Jubilee) on Saturday nights for the foreseeable future.

Dear Lord.

The next X amounts of weekends are going to be brutal btw.
Can't go to anyone's house and if you go out the pubs and restaurants close at 10pm.
Looks like it's the Coronavirus thread on P&B and a bottle of MD2020 (Orange Jubilee) on Saturday nights for the foreseeable future.
Dear Lord.

Dragonfruit or gtf. (Leckie melon is also acceptable).

I dont know if there is a writer, or speaker alive who can accurately portray how much of a minter Boris Johnson is.

The whole concept of "Boris Johnson", up to and including a country electing him their leader, and why the f**k he hasnt been Ceausescu'd is on the same scale of comprehension for me as the size of the Universe, or the concept of time.

I feel like I am living in one of Limmys sketches where he is utterly puzzled by something, like the Pitbull one for example, and I must be seeing a different existence to all these folk who got up one day, and left the house using actual effort, to vote for that man to be in charge of the country.

And even IF you can twist your brain around the scale of the minter before you, you would be blindsided by folk who watch Nicola Sturgeon standing leagues above this man, and reacting with "AH FUCKING HATE WEE NIPPY!!!!@!"

It's a conundrum that must baffle even the finest of minds.

Nicola Sturgeon is certainly far from perfect, but I doubt that there is an elected Politician anywhere who is. She is however, head and shoulders above Boris Johnson, or indeed any Prime Minister at Westminster for decades.

We're lucky to have her in this country, despite what the 'Wee Nippy' haters say.

As for Johnson, he'd be far more suited as a message boy for a butcher shop or the sort of bumbling idiot that works in the 'backshop' of a small family business.

I will never be able to comprehend how this man has had a long Political career, let alone be let loose on 10 Downing Street.

No fucking wonder.
Asked, yet again, "why can I see mum in the pub but not in her house?"
Anyone not getting the difference by now must be being deliberately obtuse, they can't be THAT thick*. It's been explained so many times.

*I appreciate that Rebecca Curran was the interviewer, she could be that thick.
Rebecca Curran is a quite horrible person. Tries far too hard to be the scrutinising type but makes her sound like a right c**t.

Just now, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I will never be able to comprehend how this man has had a long Political career, let alone be let loose on 10 Downing Street.

If you tell the racists of Britain you will chase away those pesky foreigners and deliver their beloved Brexit you're given free reign.

I bet I could get elected in England if I said I'd chase away people who aren't the same colour as me.

What a shite state of affairs England has got itself into

If you tell the racists of Britain you will chase away those pesky foreigners and deliver their beloved Brexit you're given free reign.
I bet I could get elected in England if I said I'd chase away people who aren't the same colour as me.
What a shite state of affairs England has got itself into
Very much a fair point.

7 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Dragonfruit or gtf. (Leckie melon is also acceptable).

The one in bold is the United manager and I've never sampled Dragonfruit. I'll try it at the weekend and post a review.

What about Blue Nun for the more refined P&Bers?

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo