Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Neighbours call cops on Scots mum after family visit house for daughter's birthday

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/neighbours-call-cops-scots-mum-22755157

Leanne Macdonald was warned she faces prosecution and a fine if she is caught breaking the rules again after some family members 'popped in' to drop birthday presents off for daughter Myla, 10.

A Scots mum has been warned she is on the Police's Covid "alert list' after a neighbour reported her for having family 'nipping in' to her house to deliver birthday gifts for her daughter.

Ayrshire mum Leanne Macdonald, 36, celebrated her 10-year-old daughter, Myla's birthday yesterday, but due to coronavirus restrictions decided to just stay at home in Irvine with partner Gary, 37 and the couple's youngest daughter Rylee, two.

Leanne says her parents, grandparents and aunt and uncle 'popped over' separately just to briefly hand in gifts for Myla.

But the mum-of-two says the birthday celebrations were ruined when two uniformed police officers turned up saying she had been reported by an anonymous neighbour for breaking Nicola Sturgeon 's strict Covid-19 rules.

Didn't know philpy had moved to Irvine

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Seeing as Todd is on happy holidays, I'll post this, which seems like the sort of thing he'd like.  This is the example graph from Vallance and Whitty's briefing with the actual numbers since then overlaid.

Obviously there could be reporting lags and a million other things.  But potentially encouraging news.

The 'example graph' was a simple extrapolation of the trend at that time: even a chief clownshoe like Whitty specifically said that it wasn't to be interpreted as an actual projection of future cases.

40 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

No, they said it would happen and it didn't so their opinion is no longer valid. Bloody experts stopping me going to the fitba

Ah right. Fair enough. Pair of useless c***s. 

Cant we get “Professor” Karol Sikora on instead? He’s more positive.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

The 'example graph' was a simple extrapolation of the trend at that time: even a chief clownshoe like Whitty specifically said that it wasn't to be interpreted as an actual projection of future cases.

You do realise that Chris was playing the part of Todd, there?

Despite not locking down, Sweden is currently on track to finish 2020 with ZERO excess deaths.
We messed up by locking down. Let’s stop doubling down on it and remove all restrictions immediately 
Just on the 1% chance that you're not fucking at it again...

Citation. Fucking. Needed.

My missus and me were out at the pub on Saturday night with another couple. We went out an hour earlier than usual, gave false names and phone numbers for track and trace and then we all came back to our for a few more drinks. Had the pubs shut at the usual time we’d have just gone back to our own houses.
My daughter and 4 pals all went round to a friend’s house rather than going out to pub specifically because of the 10pm closing time.
There is no doubt that the 10pm curfew is ludicrous. 
R/wellthathappened

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:
My missus and me were out at the pub on Saturday night with another couple. We went out an hour earlier than usual, gave false names and phone numbers for track and trace and then we all came back to our for a few more drinks. Had the pubs shut at the usual time we’d have just gone back to our own houses.
My daughter and 4 pals all went round to a friend’s house rather than going out to pub specifically because of the 10pm closing time.
There is no doubt that the 10pm curfew is ludicrous. 

Why did you give false names and phone numbers?

False names? I mean, fucks sake, that's just sad.

www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-54317501

I see there's now one rule in effect to protect teuchter islanders from an outbreak spreading but another one for the mainlanders who should tolerate infection factories staying open for the sake of the snippy parent brigade.

Edited by vikingTON

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-54317501

I see there's now one rule in effect to protect teuchter islanders from an outbreak spreading but another one for the mainlanders who should tolerate infection factories staying open for the sake of the snippy parent brigade.

We should copy the prevention measures of said teuchter islanders.. 

...and build a Wicker Man and burn these snippy parents

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Insanity flies under the radar -

Where are these rules, are people not to know them until they break them?

That idea would probably make for a good Kafkaesque style novel.

New law to fine pubs £1,000 for 'allowing dancing' or playing music at 86 decibels

That headline reminded me of an old joke:

Why are Wee Frees against sex?

Because it might lead to dancing

There is now growing talk, hinted at by the FM last week, that there will be a one or two week lockdown at some point in October to try and stem the cases. Details obviously aren’t decided but it would involve all pubs, restaurants and non-essential shops closing, working from non enforced, strict social distancing enforcement etc.

In the article I read, schools would stay open. While this may be questionable from a public health standpoint, in terms of terms of the development and progress of this thread and the heads gone, I’m all for it. Priorities.