Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Come the revolution I'll be storming Stefan King's palace down by the Botanics and exacting my revenge for every time I've had to wait twice as long at a bar cause he never adequately staffs his shitty venues

The only reasonable solution would be to lock the doors and set fire to it. 

12 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Used to get through that most evenings......

Genuinely? I'd imagine a fair amount of throwing up would be required to force it all down. And the next day would be a killer even with a pick-me-up, especially with red wine.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-54494241

Covid in Scotland: Seven deaths at West Lothian care home

Relatives of people living in a West Lothian care home say seven residents have now died in a Covid-19 outbreak.

It comes after four deaths were linked to Redmill care home in East Whitburn on Friday.

More than 50 staff and residents at the home, which is run by HC-One, have tested positive for coronavirus since 25 September.

However, delays in results has seen the home's testing regime branded a "shambles" by an MSP.

Labour's Neil Findlay said it had taken six days for a complete home-testing regime to be organised after the first coronavirus case was detected at Redmill.

He said he had been contacted by worried relatives and that some of the 28 staff and 20 residents had waited longer than nine days for Covid test results.

Health Secretary Jeane Freeman has promised to investigate any issues with testing.

At Redmill, 55 residents and staff have tested positive, while at Milford House in Edinburgh there have been 31 positive test results.

The health board has said a "small number" of people have died but will not give precise figures because of patient confidentiality.

I get tested through my work and sometimes wait up to 6 days between weekly testing. Not good enough for sure, when we started tests in early June we were tested Thursday and usually had the results by Saturday 6\7AM.

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

Errr nat and miss out on this 

15DD2FCD-AC1E-433F-93F5-698A6165C388.jpeg

f**k sake Heed 😂

52 minutes ago, throbber said:

Just stop it - I’m not drinking til the baby comes and I’m hating it at weekends. Almost 3 weeks without a drink now.

3 weeks.... A short spell of time to go without a drink, weekends included. You need to get a grip.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

f**k sake Heed 😂

3 weeks.... A short spell of time to go without a drink, weekends included. You need to get a grip.

I don’t need to get a grip, I don’t want to go this time without a drink and it’s not me who is having the baby. We have a child free night tonight as well.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t need to get a grip, I don’t want to go this time without a drink and it’s not me who is having the baby. We have a child free night tonight as well.

Why does it bother you so much having to go without a drink though? I’ll never understand “must-drink-at-weekend” types. 

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

You missed out a word in the part I bolded, possibly the more important word.

You are right...its probably 'mostly' those pesky uni students,.....still that 4% hospitality sector is seriously worried-amazed thats its only a 2 week shutdown for them, and yes....folk with too much time on their hands and pie charts....like Public Health England.

18 minutes ago, throbber said:

If you can't have a whinge when it's Saturday night, you can't have a drink because your woman is pregnant and you might have to whisk her off to hospital at any time, and you don't know who the father is, then when can you?

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone have any opinions on why the governments (both ours and Englands) continue to take measures that lots of people see as insufficient, delay them, hang them out for days in advance resulting in a full weekend of heaving pubs etc?

It is my controversial opinion that ultimately those making the decisions having access to the countries top scientists and every bit of data gathered thus far know much, much more than us, yet you continually hear folk sounding off about how terminally stupid they are being.

What are they up to? Are they trying to ensure a high infection rate just below that required to overwhelm the hospitals?

Is everyone giving it "all they are doing is making it worse" actually missing the point?

This would be far too difficult a balancing act for a government of talented politicians to pull off, let alone the incompetent corrupt nepotists we are saddled with. 

As @WATTOO has said on a number of occasions, maybe, just maybe, conspiracies like this would have some foundation if it was only here that the situation was developing in this way, but it's not. It's like this in many, if not most, western countries and the measures they are implementing are variations on a similar theme. There's only a finite number of things a govt can do to try to slow the spread down. Sure, there's a discussion to be had about whether it is worth trying to slow it down, but given that decision seems to have already been taken (again, here and many places elsewhere), there's not many measures they can implement. 

Edited by madwullie