Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Latest figures, albeit from England...

38% of transmissions from schools

26% 'in the workplace'

...4% from hospitality.

c19-wk40.png

Schools and universities. I'd bet my bollocks the vast majority of confirmed cases are at uni, not school - certainly not primary school. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not been to swg3, but totally agree the G1 mob can gtf.

If that's the warehouse down by the river, I used to go to that for proper polis raided 1am - 9am after club parties. Raffle tickets for warm cans of mcewans, the works. Are that mob really taking over all entertainment in the city now? 

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

This would be far too difficult a balancing act for a government of talented politicians to pull off, let alone the incompetent corrupt nepotists we are saddled with. 

As @WATTOO has said on a number of occasions, maybe, just maybe, conspiracies like this would have some foundation if it was only here that the situation was developing in this way, but it's not. It's like this in many, if not most, western countries and the measures they are implementing are variations on a similar theme. There's only a finite number of things a govt can do to try to slow the spread down. Sure, there's a discussion to be had about whether it is worth trying to slow it down, but given that decision seems to have already been taken (again, here and many places elsewhere), there's not many measures they can implement. 

I do wonder if our Governments (all parts of UK) are in some way running scared of our media and how they report / portray the restrictions to the general population ??

As a result, everything is tentative and half measures as they seem to want to please / appease everyone rather than make the unpalatable decisions that require making.

Does anyone know if the likes of the German media react in the same irresponsible way as our own ? or maybe they don't even go down that road as the population is a bit better educated and can accept the reasoning behind those unpalatable rules and regulations ??

Irrespective, there's no doubt that the constant dithering, contradictions and u turns will see the electorate lose confidence in their abilities to govern but then again all the opposition parties and leaders are equally as useless if not more so, which really doesn't augur well at all !!!

10 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Haha aye. There was one punch up like that with Klitschko stood calmly at the periphery giving off a "just you fucking try it" energy.

The guy throwing the punches in the video you quoted was seen getting flung about like an empty tracksuit at another parliamentary stramash a couple of years ago I'm sure.

Who would be the politicians to avoid in a Westminster riot? I'd not be turning my back on wee Mhairi if she had a pen in hand.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Why does it bother you so much having to go without a drink though? I’ll never understand “must-drink-at-weekend” types. 

Because I don’t want to go this time without drink and don’t particularly like being told what I can/can’t do by anyone. Never doing a favour like this for her again the ungrateful cow.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

If that's the warehouse down by the river, I used to go to that for proper polis raided 1am - 9am after club parties. Raffle tickets for warm cans of mcewans, the works. Are that mob really taking over all entertainment in the city now? 

Dunno if it's the same owners but, aye, they've turned into a multi-use complex lol. You're probably talking a club the size of La Cheetah, another the size of Subby, another that's twice the size of that Subby sized one, a 1000+ capacity hangar style space on top of that, and an outdoor yard.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Dunno if it's the same owners but, aye, they've turned into a multi-use complex lol. You're probably talking a club the size of La Cheetah, another the size of Subby, another that's twice the size of that Subby sized one, a 1000+ capacity hangar style space on top of that, and an outdoor yard.

Man that's mental. It was proper grubby, spit on the floor, one non-functional toilet between about 200 people, bottles of white lightning on the dance floor etc 😂 

Edited by madwullie

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Man that's mental. It was proper grubby, spit on the floor, one non-functional toilet between about 200 people, bottles of white lightning on the dance floor etc 😂 

The Warhouse parties were excellent, then and the ones down the tunnel at the old Transport Museum.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, gogsy said:
You missed out a word in the part I bolded, possibly the more important word.

The selective misinterpretation of statistical information is par for the course here.

Naturally, as schools are completely safe.

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

The Warhouse parties were excellent, then and the ones down the tunnel at the old Transport Museum.

I was only at that tunnel once. But the warehouse, easily 15 - 20 times. Someone half decent techno-wise played there actually in those days, but I cant for the life of me remember who it was

Edited by madwullie

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Naturally, as schools are completely safe.

Nobody (here) is saying that, but massaging facts and manipulating data like that only damages the argument. 

An image spreading around twitter atm suggesting the tories have instructed test and trace not to follow up individual cases in schools. I consider myself pretty open minded and happy to dig deeper to find the truth etc, but I cant think of (m?)any legitamte reasons for them to do that

39 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The guy throwing the punches in the video you quoted was seen getting flung about like an empty tracksuit at another parliamentary stramash a couple of years ago I'm sure.

Who would be the politicians to avoid in a Westminster riot? I'd not be turning my back on wee Mhairi if she had a pen in hand.

Mark Francois squeezes into his old Territorial Army uniform and tries to  gatecrash 'war cabinet' meeting | NewsThump

This toy town army MP is OFTW he would probably try set about you with his cock.

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I was only at that tunnel once. But the warehouse, easily 15 - 20 times. Someone half decent techno-wise played there actually in those days, but I cant for the life of me remember who it was

I actually managed to I be ejected from the Warehouse for being too pished then two minutes later walked back in.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Just stop it - I’m not drinking til the baby comes and I’m hating it at weekends. Almost 3 weeks without a drink now.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I don’t need to get a grip, I don’t want to go this time without a drink and it’s not me who is having the baby. We have a child free night tonight as well.

Really puts some of the Covid-related struggles people are going through into perspective. Stay strong, mate.

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I actually managed to I be ejected from the Warehouse for being too pished then two minutes later walked back in.

At that time they didn't seem to know what they wanted to be. Trying to be legitimate with bouncers and stuff, but selling raffle tickets to exchange for cans and staying open till 8 am. Most nights I was there towards the end ended with a police raid and a dance floor covered in eccies.

Actually glorious times 

I do wonder if our Governments (all parts of UK) are in some way running scared of our media and how they report / portray the restrictions to the general population ??
As a result, everything is tentative and half measures as they seem to want to please / appease everyone rather than make the unpalatable decisions that require making.
Does anyone know if the likes of the German media react in the same irresponsible way as our own ? or maybe they don't even go down that road as the population is a bit better educated and can accept the reasoning behind those unpalatable rules and regulations ??
Irrespective, there's no doubt that the constant dithering, contradictions and u turns will see the electorate lose confidence in their abilities to govern but then again all the opposition parties and leaders are equally as useless if not more so, which really doesn't augur well at all !!!
They've been useless for decades but usually most people don't care unless it effects them directly. Now everyone can see how out of control politicians are. Business and money run the world. As seen by waiting two weeks to lockdown rather than doing the sensible thing.
Same now, announce pubs to shut after one last weekend.
There is sense to it, money. Short term money making over the health of thousands.
Now that people wake up from their lack of responsibility they can't handle a week without drinking themselves into oblivion.

Or something.