Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Presuming that report is correct (and I don't) it's not for "bosses" to tell staff to isolate, that's not the protocol.

Contact tracing team decide that.

26 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Some of my mates are turning 40 and still proper going for it. 

They do look like complete casualties and borderline nonces mind you

There should be clubs for old farts. The average age in the Harlem Jazz clubs was probably about 45 from the films of the time, same in Soho.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Someone in my work phoned in sick claiming they had it in February.  It would've been the first case in the company and one of the first in the country where it happened.  OCcupational Health were right on it, closed the entire office and arranged a deep clean for three days.  We got an email from our CEO advisinvg of it and we contacted the local NHS Trust to pass over details and recieve advice.

The guy was pulling a sickie and thought if he said he had the virus on the news he wouldn't get in trouble.  

I think perhaps he was the first person to lose their job in the UK because of Covid.

I don't doubt the existence of Covid or it's long version. I was just speculating that the Great British workforce (Monday Club Division) would use the long term sickness to account for a single day absence.

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Presuming that report is correct (and I don't) it's not for "bosses" to tell staff to isolate, that's not the protocol.

Contact tracing team decide that.

Theres a team who work directly with the contact tracers embedded with the Scottish Government team managing the response so that advice comes directly from them. 

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That's because they were mainly venues for taking your side piece. 

Great adulterous times. 

There were loads of late night drinking clubs in Soho mainly for oldies when I was there in the Eighties. Usually in basements, my favourite was the Maltese Club. The extension of pub closing times probably killed them off. Also loads of illegal places above minicab offices and the like that were more for younger set looking for class A's and ladies of the night on a tea break.

Edited by welshbairn

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There should be clubs for old farts. The average age in the Harlem Jazz clubs was probably about 45 from the films of the time, same in Soho.

Only interested if they play pounding techno tho

58 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd be up for that, sort it.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Only interested if they play pounding techno tho

Imagining a classic jazz club vibe and atmosphere but it's playing nosebleed techno

5 hours ago, superbigal said:

The positive teats still show majority come from the 4 NHS areas with restrictions. Breakdowns for yesterday. Greater Glasgow and clyde. Population of Scotland 22% cases 33%

Lanarkshire Population 12% cases 27.7%

Lothian Population 14.66% cases 12%

Ayrshire and Arran Population 6.73% cases 8.22%

Rest of Scotland Population 45.61% cases 18.88%

Sorry no graphs or piecharts but Lothian is under the Scottish average. Harsh on them.

Lanarkshire is the cesspit.

Good effort, but must try harder...

Anyone know how many people have downloaded the ‘Protect scotland’ app?

A Google search only shows downloads up to mid September when it sat at 1 million.  It will need far more than that to be effective.

I’m assuming everyone on here has downloaded it.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone know how many people have downloaded the ‘Protect scotland’ app?

A Google search only shows downloads up to mid September when it sat at 1 million.  It will need far more than that to be effective.

I’m assuming everyone on here has downloaded it.

Just shy of 1.5 million according to the app Itself. 

Screenshot_20201015-191105_Protect Scotland.jpg