Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I've got him on Ignore - how has Old Man Danger resorted to his Christmas dream being ripped away from him? I saw he was trying to use "unemployed" as an insult so not sure how much lower he can get.

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Very badly IMO. 

I also have that poster on Ignore but it is still sad to see such hideous comments displayed for all to see in quoted posts on the forum.

Whether posts like that are due to cognitive decline associated with aging or not, it is stlll a sad indictment of modern society.

It is what it is.

Imagine being on ignore but still being able to rile people up like that.

Without even trying.

Eagerly waiting to hear what comes out of Stormont tonight. With the South (temporarily) stopping flights and boats (?) from the UK, the North could well be doing the same. Arlene Foster will want to score some staunch points by allowing travel but cancelling ferries and flights stops the new strain getting into Ireland at all. 

If Stormont doesn't decide to do that, the Irish Gov might have to make the controversial call to close the North/South border. 

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

voted against it being decided solely by the board a few weeks/months ago i think, would be decided the same way as last time around afaik

Wouldn't be really awful if they voted to void the league with Hearts 12 points ahead?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

After all the moaning last season, has the SPFL put in place a protocol for what would happen if the league was stopped prematurely again?

Aye, we go back to the status quo ante.

So Hearts and Dundee United will swap divisions...

Edited by Jacksgranda

Out of boredom more than anything, I ended up reading about the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic tonight. Obviously there's a 100 year difference in technology, science etc. but they definitely seem to have had it worse than what we have now. This probably sounds a bit morbid but, in a way, it made me feel a bit better about our current situation despite what has undoubtedly been a shitty few days.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Out of boredom more than anything, I ended up reading about the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic tonight. Obviously there's a 100 year difference in technology, science etc. but they definitely seem to have had it worse than what we have now. This probably sounds a bit morbid but, in a way, it made me feel a bit better about our current situation despite what has undoubtedly been a shitty few days.

Is there anything else you could go and read?

38 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Funnily enough there's a documentary on Sky History just now saying that "scrolls" have been found in the vatican of a prophecy that the current Pope would be the last with insinuations of the world ending.

Interestingly it was made in early 2019 way before Coronavirus had been thought about.

#DOOMED

Guest Bob Mahelp

We are undoubtedly going to effectively be in full lock down for at least 4 months. 

I suspect no chance of anything close to normality for a year or more. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We are undoubtedly going to effectively be in full lock down for at least 4 months. 

I suspect there will be mass civil unrest if any sort of restrictions persist beyond spring, given the narrative of 'there is a light at the end of the tunnel' being constantly trotted out to temper people's rising anger. 

People are getting to the stage where they can no longer afford to live and function. This is simply not sustainable and will reach breaking point before another year passes. 

Edited by djchapsticks

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You're probably right there, and a deal or no deal Brexit on Jan 1st won't exactly help the situation.

I suspect there will be mass civil unrest if any sort of restrictions persist beyond spring, given the narrative of 'there is a light at the end of the tunnel' being constantly trotted out to temper people's rising anger. 
People are getting to the stage where they can no longer afford to live and function. This is simply not sustainable and will reach breaking point before another year passes. 
It's the UK, there will never be mass civil unrest !

In a worrying development tonight it looks like our position as the new world pariah will stop the vaccine supplies reaching the UK. This looks like an absolute clusterfuck brewing.