Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, St. Jude said:

I’m in the same position. My mrs got her haircut in a salon the other day and the place seems to have been a hotbed for positive results. She needs to isolate until the end of next week. We were supposed to be cooking dinner tomorrow for her parents which is now fucked on late notice.

On a more positive note, I now don’t need to put trousers on now, don’t need to see family and have enough food and beve to last me until February. 

You mean it does spread in salons and nail bars?

Is there anyone here who's been ill with the covid?
My isolation finished last Friday, I was initially in bed with flu symptoms for 4 or 5 days which then lifted quickly.
The kicker though has been the fatigue. Every day waking up feeling absolutely knackered and like I could easily go back to sleep, and then going through waves of that through the day. It's starting to really get to me as I'm normally fit and healthy used to exercising, and having plenty of strength and energy.
It's absolutely kicked my arse!

UNBELIEVABLE JEFF !!

It's knocked many for six.   Could be worth ramping up multi-vitamins?   The fatigue sounds like what you'd get if you were deficient in vit B numbers.   

Hopefully you'll get over things soon Jeff.  
Cheers, yeah I'm trying to keep the vitamin intake and general nutrition up!

I'm 37 and fit, like I'm still playing a decent level of football and train a lot. I am asthmatic though and I feel like it has lingered a bit in my chest. I'm probably worrying a bit about what it's done to me or that it's going to strike me down somehow in the next wee while [emoji23].

It does sound a bit like it's your luck how it affects you. Never known anything like it, look after yourselves, and each other!

Apparently east Lothian could become an epicentre after the festive period due to the rising numbers. Fucking great. Going back to people talking about having or had the virus, I'm still convinced the wife and I had it at the tail end of last year. I was fucked for the best part of 2 weeks, was sweating like f**k and out of puff after even walking up the stairs. Had a couple of whiskys at Hogmanay and couldn't taste them. I'm sure the resident experts will be along to accuse me of making it up and claiming the virus wasn't in the country back then. I've had the flu and the cold,  but not to the extent of losing my sense of taste. 

"Glasgow City  Tier 3 143.9 to 153.1   Increase 6.39%  In line with national average. Maxwell Park seems to be badly affected. This area seems to have been a hotspot for a long time. Are the inhabitants pleasant ?"

Maxwell Park has a lot of tenement flats but is an extremely wealthy area.

Probably a fairly old average age of resident as well.

4 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

"Glasgow City  Tier 3 143.9 to 153.1   Increase 6.39%  In line with national average. Maxwell Park seems to be badly affected. This area seems to have been a hotspot for a long time. Are the inhabitants pleasant ?"

Maxwell Park has a lot of tenement flats but is an extremely wealthy area.

Probably a fairly old average age of resident as well.

I'd blame Hutchie tbh

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

Apparently east Lothian could become an epicentre after the festive period due to the rising numbers. Fucking great. Going back to people talking about having or had the virus, I'm still convinced the wife and I had it at the tail end of last year. I was fucked for the best part of 2 weeks, was sweating like f**k and out of puff after even walking up the stairs. Had a couple of whiskys at Hogmanay and couldn't taste them. I'm sure the resident experts will be along to accuse me of making it up and claiming the virus wasn't in the country back then. I've had the flu and the cold,  but not to the extent of losing my sense of taste. 

Did you visit forfar at all?

I've lost count the amount of times I've heard people aged 50+ say this to me, my work mustve been ground zero according to some of these folk.

My wife has just been talking to her sister, who is a nurse, and she got her vaccine on Monday.

It's going to take 3 weeks to get the NHS staff vaccinated, apparently. (No idea if this is all NHS staff, or just those in actual nursing positions.) This is in NI, don't know the timescale elsewhere.