Coronavirus (COVID-19)

44 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope it's as good as can be x

Merry Christmas, Todd! Gone at you delivering it in what is clearly your thread at this point. Some performance, mate. Potential POTY when this is over. A workhorse.

17 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Fucking hell. After that year, no wonder you never went back.

Did you go? I like to think of it as our Somme.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Merry Christmas, Todd! Gone at you delivering it in what is clearly your thread at this point. Some performance, mate. Potential POTY when this is over. A workhorse.

Did you go? I like to think of it as our Somme.

My favourite memory of that year was that poor Ice Cream Van stuck in the middle of the puddle that was a 1:10 scale replica of Loch Leven. That year was bloody grim by Monday morning.

10 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

My favourite memory of that year was that poor Ice Cream Van stuck in the middle of the puddle that was a 1:10 scale replica of Loch Leven. That year was bloody grim by Monday morning.

Try Friday morning! I woke up with my feet in a puddle on Saturday haha. Think we saw one band on the Sunday and it was the last act of the day. I've still suppressed parts of The Stone Roses as well. Horrific.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Try Friday morning! I woke up with my feet in a puddle on Saturday haha. Think we saw one band on the Sunday and it was the last act of the day. I've still suppressed parts of The Stone Roses as well. Horrific.

I know I watched a few bands on the Sunday but apart from Kasabian it has been wiped from my memory. Remember absolutely dying with laughter alongside random strangers during the intro to Waterfall pointing at the sky while dancing.

3 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Yup. My cheap pop up tent somehow stood up to it all quite well.

As I said to PF, our first tent flooded but someone who couldn't hack it had left Friday morning and we took their tent (and their stash of Midori). We went to Bestival the next year and I've never camped since.

Just now, Perkin Flump said:

I know I watched a few bands on the Sunday but apart from Kasabian it has been wiped from my memory. Remember absolutely dying with laughter alongside random strangers during the intro to Waterfall pointing at the sky while dancing.

Tell me you remember his rap about the Queen? We all tried to brass neck it after when someone asked us how they were and one of my very opinionated mates broke the dam by saying "I thought they were fucking shite."

Edited by NotThePars

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

As I said to PF, our first tent flooded but someone who couldn't hack it had left Friday morning and we took their tent (and their stash of Midori). We went to Bestival the next year and I've never camped since.

Tell me you remember his rap about the Queen? We all tried to brass neck it after when someone asked us how they were and one of my very opinionated mates broke the dam by saying "I thought they were fucking shite."

Was that near the end? I didn't even know what he was going on about at the time cos I was utterly rattled, it wasn't until the next day when someone was talking about Elizabeth Dear that I made the connection. They were ok instrumentally but Ian Brown cannot sing live so makes them seem shite if you can't drown him out with everyone around you.

6 minutes ago, super_carson said:

2011 was a similarly brutal year for weather, tent flooded on Saturday night and then it was sunny for twenty minutes on Sunday and I got burnt to a crisp. Food fighters were awesome mind.

2012 was bibclical in comparison though, ground was soft already but that 3/4 hours constant rain on the Saturday afternoon wrecked the place. The hailstorm during Blondie in 2011 was great fun mind.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

2012 was bibclical in comparison though, ground was soft already but that 3/4 hours constant rain on the Saturday afternoon wrecked the place. The hailstorm during Blondie in 2011 was great fun mind.

Aye. 2012 was much worse. 2013 was pretty outstanding weather wise though.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

What a tit. Laurence Fox, not Wee Willie.

Some would differ 😄

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Wee Willie said:
I pinched this from another forum
covid.jpg.c318bd2ac3e3300126b17b7e80568258.jpg

The thing about "Lozza" is that his wee lunch almost certainly never happened. He's just an attention seeking Z-Lister who'll tweet literally anything he thinks will maximise his reach.

You're probably right but on the other hand....

2 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Mind they brought out some fitness instructors to try and get the crowd to do some workout.