Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The overwhelming majority of serious illnesses and deaths occur in the co-morbidity categories of age and lifestyle related ill health. That's the plain reality of the situation and no amount of pretend fairness by giving everyone the same set of advice and hoping for some zero Covid pipe dream to come along will amount to a rational solution to the problem.
That is factually correct however there is 100% merit in pointing out the juxtaposition of you bleating about wanting an "adult conversation" whilst a few lines later using phrases like protecting "old fatties". That's as infantile as that topic could get !

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

That won't happen because Sridhar and co are being given carte blanche to pursue their zero covid fantasy

Unsure why you got a reddy for that and i know you dont care but youre factually correct, the modelling around covid suggests covid will remain with us like every other flu. Zero covid wont happen. Get the vulnerable vaccinated by end of feb and get us back to normal by march or its a farce.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Unsure why you got a reddy for that and i know you dont care but youre factually correct, the modelling around covid suggests covid will remain with us like every other flu. Zero covid wont happen. Get the vulnerable vaccinated by end of feb and get us back to normal by march or its a farce.

You're right re the downvote, I couldn't give a rat's ass. Quite often you'll find these people can't come up with a response to the post they "reddy". If it helps the dotter feel better over the festive period then I'm happy to take the brunt.

As long as they're vaccinating everyone in a sensible order and as quickly as they possibly can, that'll do me. If they stall (not sure why they would) or sit uselessly on piles of vaccines then I won't be happy. I don't know enough about it to know at what point we can be certain the vaccine is working as hoped. 

If those on the know still consider the nhs will be overwhelmed while the vaccine is rolling out, I don't see how either govts will loosen restrictions, especially if as I think will happen they shut the schools. 

Edited by madwullie

I’ve applied for key wiener places for my kids so I can go back to work at the school nursery. It’s only way my mental health survives this, I’ve feeling schools will only be open to key worker and vulnerable until feb weekend.

If I’m not back at work I’m back in dykebar as I was at start of month.

There isn’t the resources to deal with the demand in services. I know I’m a broken record on this.

As long as they're vaccinating everyone in a sensible order and as quickly as they possibly can, that'll do me. If they stall (not sure why they would) or sit uselessly on piles of vaccines then I won't be happy. I don't know enough about it to know at what point we can be certain the vaccine is working as hoped 
See this is what I am talking about. The roll out of this vaccine is the key to getting away from unprecedented levels of fucking everyones world up. So "as quickly as they possibly can" (and this is my opinion only) cant possibly be using normal means. No other vaccine including flu is under even close to this level of pressure to get such high coverage so quickly. So on that basis, I would expect the infrastructure around this vaccine delivery to look markedly different. I would expect pop up vaccine centres, I would expect the army to be involved, I would expect that people in this game could come up with wildly better ideas than me and hence, I would see and hear about them. And before anyone says "aye but we dont have loads of supplies yet" I would expect all of those things to be in place PRIOR to any supply glut as I said before, so we dont piss about for further weeks in that scenario.

Quite simply, I cannot buy that this is as fast as we can go, and I dont see how anyone else can either.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

See this is what I am talking about. The roll out of this vaccine is the key to getting away from unprecedented levels of fucking everyones world up. So "as quickly as they possibly can" (and this is my opinion only) cant possibly be using normal means. No other vaccine including flu is under even close to this level of pressure to get such high coverage so quickly. So on that basis, I would expect the infrastructure around this vaccine delivery to look markedly different. I would expect pop up vaccine centres, I would expect the army to be involved, I would expect that people in this game could come up with wildly better ideas than me and hence, I would see and hear about them. And before anyone says "aye but we dont have loads of supplies yet" I would expect all of those things to be in place PRIOR to any supply glut as I said before, so we dont piss about for further weeks in that scenario.

Quite simply, I cannot buy that this is as fast as we can go, and I dont see how anyone else can either.

If the supply isn't there, as someone above said, it makes no difference how many people are trained to jab arms. Then it comes down to an issue with the UK govt for not buying enough supply in the first pace. 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I can’t believe there is still people that hang on every word of that kunt Leitch. Same with NS. We’re continually told “endure this for 3 weeks” which in turn becomes 3 months, or 2 weeks of some semblance of normality before another “3 week” lockdown. For something that was originally used to prevent the “nhs being overwhelmed” there is so many blindly accepting whatever they tell us. Who cares if small businesses go to the wall or if so many are on the job scrapheap? Or about folk struggling with their mental health. 

The initial lockdown was mentioned as being all about "flattening the curve". I haven't heard that phrase since about June though, and the focus seemed to switch to Sridhar's zero covid.

Well that's me and the Mr's having to self isolate, M.I.L. who is 91 was admitted to hospital yesterday as she was feeling unwell, Ambulance crew said although she had a cough it didn't sound like the classic "Covid Cough". So this afternoon a call from the hospital saying she's tested positive so we have to go and get tested as we have been in "close" contact within 48 hours, test booked for tomorrow. What we can't understand is how on earth has she managed to contract it when she has never left her house since this all started. Could it be a false positive result? Anyway she's told us she is feeling better and is quite happy in the hospital , I think that's down to her being so isolated for so long and now she's seeing new faces .

320,000 doses to be delivered by the end on the month: 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/1783135/coronavirus-vaccination-programme/amp/

But, as was said above, only 56,000 doses so far administered before they *ahem* shut for the holidays.  

Seems a lot to catch up on in a couple of days next week, no? 

17 minutes ago, madwullie said:

If the supply isn't there, as someone above said, it makes no difference how many people are trained to jab arms. Then it comes down to an issue with the UK govt for not buying enough supply in the first pace. 

Well yes it actually does, because right now we dont have anywhere near enough dedicated vaccinators, pushing it to GP practices already struggling to cope is only going to slow it right down when the supplies start. We’ve known about the necessity of a vaccine for ‘normal’ since April essentially, so given this is the case i’d have expected that the infrastructure and planning would have been at an advanced stage. Given the period of relative quiet we had in July/August we could have trained a massive amount of vaccinators and got the ground work laid for the vaccination program instead of what is very clearly now a clueless and ever changing farce of proportions which imho require a considerable public enquiry and criminal charges for medical management incompetence for those who have absolutely fcuked this crucial response. 

13 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

320,000 doses to be delivered by the end on the month: 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/1783135/coronavirus-vaccination-programme/amp/

But, as was said above, only 56,000 doses so far administered before they *ahem* shut for the holidays.  

Seems a lot to catch up on in a couple of days next week, no? 

Precisely what I am on about. You scale up before the supply arrives, otherwise you look like a fucking idiot when the pendulum shifts. 

I have no love for SLAB or Leonard,  but if I were him, I would fucking crucify Sturgeon as soon as those vaccines land. 

ETA "we'll just do this like other vaccines, but more" is quite simply the stupidest line of thinking imaginable in the scenario we are in  

Edited by Bairnardo

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Precisely what I am on about. You scale up before the supply arrives, otherwise you look like a fucking idiot when the pendulum shifts. 

I have no love for SLAB or Leonard,  but if I were him, I would fucking crucify Sturgeon as soon as those vaccines land. 

ETA "we'll just do this like other vaccines, but more" is quite simply the stupidest line of thinking imaginable in the scenario we are in  

Which is exactly why it needs taken out of NHS hands now. 

Switzerland identified three cases, two of which are known to be British citizens currently in the country. Switzerland is alone in Europe in keeping its ski slopes open to tourism over the Christmas and New Year period, and thousands of tourists from Britain have arrived in the last couple of weeks.

Above from the BBC. I despair I really do. Wonder how many celebs and politicians are currently pissing it up in St Moritz !!!

45 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Which is exactly why it needs taken out of NHS hands now. 

Makes sense to me, get shot of the people used to organizing a million or so flu jabs over a couple of months and get a quaking squaddie taking over who faints at the sight of blood.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Makes sense to me, get shot of the people used to organizing a million or so flu jabs over a couple of months and get a quaking squaddie taking over who faints at the sight of blood.

Can still use NHS clinicians, im talking about oversight and logistics of it, the amount of chopping and changing which is occurring particularly in NHS GGC is staggering, ive seen evidence of plans changing twice within an hour at some points. But hey you’ve got all the insight apparently. 

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I can’t believe there is still people that hang on every word of that kunt Leitch. Same with NS. We’re continually told “endure this for 3 weeks” which in turn becomes 3 months, or 2 weeks of some semblance of normality before another “3 week” lockdown. For something that was originally used to prevent the “nhs being overwhelmed” there is so many blindly accepting whatever they tell us. Who cares if small businesses go to the wall or if so many are on the job scrapheap? Or about folk struggling with their mental health. 

Tell that to every Government in Europe then (UK included), do you honestly believe that ANY Government is intentionally seeking to destroy their OWN economy and alienate much of their OWN electorate without very good reason ????

if the answer is Yes, then I'd ask WHY ???