Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Sturgeon mentioned takeaways today when talking of more restrictions.

They were never under any restriction before although the big chains all closed for a while voluntarily.

Almost all chippies, kebab shops etc have been open throughout.

Think she's maybe referring to the likes of Costa which (where I stay) is still open (only for takeaway obviously).

Thats me signed up and have my first appointment for bloods for the Prepare study run by Oxford University. My GP is on board with it. Really glad they are doing this study to see if any of the vaccinations produces an immune response in immunocompromised people or if having Covid itself does.

Looking at the graph of London it seems to have started to grow towards the end of August, beginning of September; then seems to have tailed off again a wee bit at the end of October, then since then has shot up like a rocket.

That's a right mystery, so it is.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Think she's maybe referring to the likes of Costa which (where I stay) is still open (only for takeaway obviously).

There are significantly more places like that open compared to the first Lockdown. Greggs is another one. 

In general it feels, to me at any rate, less strange now than it did back in March/April time. Whether that is due to becoming conditioned to the Covid world or not I don't know. It actually frightens me a little just how conditioned we've become to it all. Things that previously been unimaginable now seem normal. 

Looking at the graph of London it seems to have started to grow towards the end of August, beginning of September; then seems to have tailed off again a wee bit at the end of October, then since then has shot up like a rocket.
Bloody nail bars

Just now, John MacLean said:

There are significantly more places like that open compared to the first Lockdown. Greggs is another one. 

In general it feels, to me at any rate, less strange now than it did back in March/April time. Whether that is due to becoming conditioned to the Covid world or not I don't know. It actually frightens me a little just how conditioned we've become to it all. Things that previously been unimaginable now seem normal. 

Surely it's because we know more about it

March April was panic

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This is unbelievable, they should be put to back of Queue

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0107/1188376-vaccine-england/

It's one doctors experience, if there was a news article about something one doctor heard there would be a lot of mad things in the news. Total non story it's a shame it's made it to so many news sites

19 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Sturgeon mentioned takeaways today when talking of more restrictions.

They were never under any restriction before although the big chains all closed for a while voluntarily.

Almost all chippies, kebab shops etc have been open throughout.

Still places allowing collections, would imagine it’ll just mean stopping those and only allowing deliveries.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

So my Wife (Front line health worker) got jabbed today in St Andrews Community Hospital.  Suprisingly with the Pfizer Vaccine but Hey Ho.  

Just to show you how "flexible" the booking system currently is.

It rebooked  her 2nd Jab automatically for  the 30th March.   

She then pointed out she is out of the Country from 29th March to 5th April (Another Story)

No problem you might think as this is all 11-12 weeks down the line.

Fife NHS Computer says cant get you an earlier 2nd Jab appointment.

Fife NHS Computer says can't jab you after 2nd April because it is outside the 12 week limit.

Fife NHS Computer can get to fuckk

Sticking to a strict regimen that gets as many jabs into as many arms as quickly as possible is far more important than being able to make the system flexible enough to accommodate what's going on in individual folks lives. 

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

image.png.7bd68ddba52983bc699f8b78ec6356d4.pngfolk doing shopping in crowds like this won't of helped. This was Harrods 6th Dec.

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

Surely it's because we know more about it

March April was panic

Maybe. I don't recall feeling frightened/panicked in March/April though,but there was certainly a strangeness to it then that I don't feel now. I wish I did. I don't like the notion of a sense of acceptance.

My mood has swung wildly at times during all this. Much of the time I just plod on but then, every so often, the enormity of what we are living through and what and who we are missing, strikes me and that leaves me, even just a minute or two, feeling utterly bereft. 

Do others ever feel the same? 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Northern, Southern and Isthmian leagues in England taking a vote on terminating the season and null and voiding it....

The whole wretched 10 months would be worth it if the same happened up here just for the seethe. 

Edited by PWL

17 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Maybe. I don't recall feeling frightened/panicked in March/April though,but there was certainly a strangeness to it then that I don't feel now. I wish I did. I don't like the notion of a sense of acceptance.

My mood has swung wildly at times during all this. Much of the time I just plod on but then, every so often, the enormity of what we are living through and what and who we are missing, strikes me and that leaves me, even just a minute or two, feeling utterly bereft. 

Do others ever feel the same? 

Absolutely. It's all become so normal now that I don't really think about it most days but every now and again what's actually happening just hits for a minute.

Absolutely. It's all become so normal now that I don't really think about it most days but every now and again what's actually happening just hits for a minute.

I went out for the first time this year today. Been working since the 2nd so decided to treat myself to a subway for lunch. As I was getting back in the car it hit me just how fucking mental the last 10 months had been.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
8 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:
Do Hearts get promoted?

They set the precedent for it last year so they should all things being fair.

Null and void isn't the same as calling the leagues finished....