Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Got this message from the French govt.   Don't know why the suspension. I thought paracetamol and aspirin were ok.  All very confusing.

In the context of the coronavirus epidemic (Covid-19), drugs exclusively composed of paracetamol are now dispensed within a certain limit and their sale by internet prohibited. Internet sales of ibuprofen and aspirin are also suspended. This is indicated by a decree published in the Official Journal on March 18, 2020. Service-public explains in detail and recalls the proper use of these drugs.

2 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Got this message from the French govt.   Don't know why the suspension. I thought paracetamol and aspirin were ok.  All very confusing.

Shortages probably, you can't get paracetamol anywhere I've looked in the UK. The Ibuprofen thing is not proven.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, cyderspaceman said:

Panic buying of paracetamol will have went through the roof. At a time where mental health will be low.

Guest Moomintroll
Doesn't the buying limit of paracetamol still apply?
Went to pick up my meds at the pharmacy the other day & heard them say they were selling 1 pack per customer rather than the usual 2 pack limit.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Panic buying of paracetamol will have went through the roof. At a time where mental health will be low.

I read that suicide rate from overdosing went down in the UK after the 2 pack rule was introduced. As have liver transplants from ODs. 

I personally knew 5 guys here,  who killed themselves in the last decade.    (nowt to do with me, before you start)

Suicide is a weird thing.  

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Doesn't the buying limit of paracetamol still apply?

Yeah, but folk can just take it through another till, or go to another shop.

13 minutes ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Germany mobilising its army...that never ends well.

Certainly not for them...

5 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

If Scotland is utterly fucked financially can we just restart as Scotco and still claim Bannockburn as a victory?

They can take our oil but they will never take our bog roll!

Edited by Granny Danger

12 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I read that suicide rate from overdosing went down in the UK after the 2 pack rule was introduced. As have liver transplants from ODs. 

I personally knew 5 guys here,  who killed themselves in the last decade.    (nowt to do with me, before you start)

Suicide is a weird thing.  

Paracetamol is absolutely the worst way to do it. Most of the time you wake up in hospital feeling not too bad, maybe thinking life isn't that awful after all, then your organs start painfully failing over a couple of weeks and you die.